• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Batman v9

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
i totally get your point, and in the end it's up to you, and i hope that your watches never break!

In my opinion though it's too early to get an unstable watch for 600 euros (included the winder), i'd rather wait and spend 500 for a fully functional reliable watch that can last as long as it can without paranoia.

I fully appreciate that man hence i got the v8 lv for $500 with a gen inset. Im waiting to pull the trigger on the batman with actual 3186 clone movement but judging by the $700 noob daytona im guessing $500 will start to look cheap for reps. If you want the creme de la creme of reps, nice fancy movement, 904l is being forced down our throats now, the factories have a good few grand in a gen movement and a shit ton of cad and cam to cover over however many watches they expect to sell.

nothingelse

29/10/17
You can call it a bandage but if you dont need to set it the ‘timebomb’ movement is now completely stable. Its like saying 7750’s are a death trap. Well no just dont use the chrono (which no one does anway!). The noob 4130 is obviously the pinacle of auto chrono movements to this point, venus 75 imo is the best manual chrono. Gmt is a bit more complicated and in terms of gen like function the noob is the best so far even if i have got lucky and mine hasnt broken. Just saying you buy a case for your phone, protect your investment with a winder and your sweet with a v8/v9 with a semi clone movement. Blur hair spring = happy dr fun socks

Sorry for the ( partial) OT. If I set my GMT only whit the third crown position am I right? It is annoying but at least I shouldn’t break the movement... or I hope so...

Sent from the RWI App

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
I fully appreciate that man hence i got the v8 lv for $500 with a gen inset. Im waiting to pull the trigger on the batman with actual 3186 clone movement but judging by the $700 noob daytona im guessing $500 will start to look cheap for reps. If you want the creme de la creme of reps, nice fancy movement, 904l is being forced down our throats now, the factories have a good few grand in a gen movement and a shit ton of cad and cam to cover over however many watches they expect to sell.

yep, hope is the last thing left ahahah hopefully it won't be too pricy.

idk i'm kinda using gen logic here, a chronograph is more complicated than a 24h gmt, so i expect at least a 100 bucks difference between the 2, but this is just wishful thinking, kinda suspect that in this day and age the factory and the TDs will kinda do the "cartel" part and set prices as they wish. But still this is the game, and i love the rep game, business is business!

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Sorry for the ( partial) OT. If I set my GMT only whit the third crown position am I right? It is annoying but at least I shouldn’t break the movement... or I hope so...

Sent from the RWI App

yep that's what they say, use the position that lets you move everything slowly, not just the hour hand

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17

Sent from the RWI App

I have no idea man i just went ham with the 2nd crown position when i got it and it didnt break. Proabably set the time first and i guess it was around mid day at the time but maybe i just got lucky. Theres a thread in the rolex forum that details how to set it.

yep, hope is the last thing left ahahah hopefully it won't be too pricy.

idk i'm kinda using gen logic here, a chronograph is more complicated than a 24h gmt, so i expect at least a 100 bucks difference between the 2, but this is just wishful thinking, kinda suspect that in this day and age the factory and the TDs will kinda do the "cartel" part and set prices as they wish. But still this is the game, and i love the rep game, business is business!

Oh im totally with you mate ive got both fingers crissed this arf will come in at under $500. But at the same time how much is their sub or daytona with non ‘in house’ movements (for lack of a better term). It wont be cheap but they unfortunately know now that people will pay more for a better rep. And you know what im fine with that! Ok i might have to trim 2-3 cheaper reps from my collection to get it but you kind of have a greater sense of pride of ownership the more you spend (hence why people pay $8k+ for a stainless sports watch). Im just a movement nerd, i like engineering and gears hence i like cool skeleton watches. But now i have a rolex case back tool i can see all the gears mwuhahaha!

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
I have no idea man i just went ham with the 2nd crown position when i got it and it didnt break. Proabably set the time first and i guess it was around mid day at the time but maybe i just got lucky. Theres a thread in the rolex forum that details how to set it.

Oh im totally with you mate ive got both fingers crissed this arf will come in at under $500. But at the same time how much is their sub or daytona with non ‘in house’ movements (for lack of a better term). It wont be cheap but they unfortunately know now that people will pay more for a better rep. And you know what im fine with that! Ok i might have to trim 2-3 cheaper reps from my collection to get it but you kind of have a greater sense of pride of ownership the more you spend (hence why people pay $8k+ for a stainless sports watch). Im just a movement nerd, i like engineering and gears hence i like cool skeleton watches. But now i have a rolex case back tool i can see all the gears mwuhahaha!

ahahha yeah pretty much the same, that's why i got the daytona 4130, the movement is something else, i really enjoy it. exactly because it's so close to the gen one! hopefully they do a good job with the ARF one, would be a dream if they made a good OOTB GMT, i would get it right away.

Reactions: Dr Fun Socks

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
ahahha yeah pretty much the same, that's why i got the daytona 4130, the movement is something else, i really enjoy it. exactly because it's so close to the gen one! hopefully they do a good job with the ARF one, would be a dream if they made a good OOTB GMT, i would get it right away.

It would be the triple threat to rolex if we got their third major movement in rep form! I just hope it isnt like the v1 daytonas, shit everything but movement. Dont think arf ever really go that route but only time will tell!

Reactions: mari115

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
really? i read somewhere that arf was going to release a 3186 clone movement after CNY, or were these people wrong?

anyways, i can live without it, no reason to spend 500 euros for a 1 year lifespan watch (if i'm lucky)

First they will release non clone gmt’s then earliest I’d guess spring we may see gmt II (it won’t be Batman) with clone movement if everything will go as planned which almost never happen.
Batman and Pepsi will be released later on. In the meantime we will see whole bunch of reps from other factories.
You can get noob v9 and upgrade insert - movement should be fine as long as you don’t use hour hand to set up time.

Genera74

29/12/14
They’re just keep pushing the envelope when it comes to pricing... thought $480ish for the 916 steel watches was already high, soon enough they will break the 600, then 1000 mark soon enuf

Reactions: HauntedHat

HauntedHat

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/8/18
First they will release non clone gmt’s then earliest I’d guess spring we may see gmt II (it won’t be Batman) with clone movement if everything will go as planned which almost never happen.
Batman and Pepsi will be released later on. In the meantime we will see whole bunch of reps from other factories.
You can get noob v9 and upgrade insert - movement should be fine as long as you don’t use hour hand to set up time.
You suggest going for the ETA or the supposed clone movement?

Also, Gen aside, how would you go about upgrading your insert?

Enviado desde mi ANE-LX3 mediante Tapatalk

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think

i see, i'll wait till spring then! no problem about the batman, i actually prefer the black gmt, i reckon i'll take that

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
Gen is a stunner, this half insert bezel makes all the difference lolol
4029d042bddd81300195f78c8265eef8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
You suggest going for the ETA or the supposed clone movement?

Also, Gen aside, how would you go about upgrading your insert?

Enviado desde mi ANE-LX3 mediante Tapatalk

It’s hatd that say, if your get noob clone movement make sure you don’t use hour hand when setting up time that’s the safest way to keep it run for a long time.

when it comes to ARF clone we don’t know how reliable it will be. Their SH are notoriously unreliable!!!
i had more problems with SH movements used in ARF and JF watches than with old SA3135 movements that date a few years back.

you can find insert that is close to gen but it needs platinum mod or some mod that would make numbers more platinum looking.

Reactions: HauntedHat

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
i see, i'll wait till spring then! no problem about the batman, i actually prefer the black gmt, i reckon i'll take that

They will release GMT with black bezel first.
Noob already released pretty decent rep of that watch.
i think it’s v8 if I remember correctly.

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Gen is a stunner, this half insert bezel makes all the difference lolol
4029d042bddd81300195f78c8265eef8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That looks great!!! I’m thinking about buying gen
but I think I will put that money towards my new car instead..

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
That looks great!!! I’m thinking about buying gen
but I think I will put that money towards my new car instead..

Well I got that one retail price (not from AD though) brand new so it was a good move 10 months ago. I would not pay 12-13K usd today to get it