• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Yachtmaster 116622 Build queries

whoomz

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
7/1/19
Good Evening All,

Been lurking on RWI for a while now and doing all my research and finally decided to make an account.

Really interested in purchasing a YM 116622 platinum/silver dial. After doing a lot of reading I've seen that Noob seems to be the favourite in terms of price and build quality.

I've come up with the following build and would appreciate if anyone could chime in and suggest any improvements/changes:

1)Watch : 116622 Silver Dial by Noob with A2824 (going with this over the SH3135 due to reliability but I understand that you can swap gen parts with the SH)
https://chazingtime04.co/products/ya...bracelet-a2824
2)Waterproof and resealed by a UK based modder
3)Order tomrep platinum bezel and fit at watchsmith
4)Order Prof Black hole crystal and fit at watchsmith
5)Gen datewheel (eventually, does this fit on an a2824?)

Things I'm unsure of are:
-Quality of silver dial e.g close to Gen
-Will any watchsmith be able to fit the bezel and prof crystal?
-Can the a2824 take any gen parts at all?

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
Re 3) You will need to send your bezel to TomRep for the mod and he will send back to you. Easy to remove, plenty of DIYs on youtube.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Lurking my arse, you just had a thread put on hold so you decided to open another account didn't you? Just how stupid do you think we are?

I'll let yllekp deal with you . . .

Reactions: KushBandit

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
Lurking my arse, you just had a thread put on hold so you decided to open another account didn't you? Just how stupid do you think we are?

LOL

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

bigdogsallers

Banned
31/8/18

Sad to see how hard you've taken a new member joining this forum who's actually done some reading and research and has general good watch knowledge. Both myself and whoomz met with @drfunsocks in real life and spoke about how we wanted to get into rep watches and had been reading RWI for a while and needed to become members rather than just lurking. Saddest part of all is seeing senior members ganging up on a new member for knowing his shit rather and attacking him in an anonymous forum in an age where 1 in 3 people this year alone will suffer from mental health issues. Shit like this may seem minor but really as senior members last thing you lot should be doing is cyber bullying someone and instantly accusing them of wrongdoing is an embarrassment. Kick me/ban me whatever but xj4sonx encouraging/supporting bullying doesn't make you 'the really mean mod' just makes you a douchebag.

Awaiting @drfunsocks to confirm we met him in real life last week for me to purchase my first rep and my friend whoomz came with me and all 3 of us spoke real and fake watches and it was evident whoomz knew plenty about both real and rep watches without having an account on here (neither of us own reps)

bigdogsallers

Banned
31/8/18
Dr Fun Socks - tag didnt work before sorry. Just confirm you met us and we are new to RWI and dont have preexisting accounts or a rep collection of any sort - just are watch enthusiasts.

bigdogsallers

Banned
31/8/18
Dr Fun Socks can also confirm that whoomz was asking about the YM and Toms bezel to his face last week and for his thoughts. PS first admin to post any evidence on this thread (other than being well informed) of multi account use I will transfer £100 paypal no questions asked. If you kick me for standing up to cyber bullying then you won't have to ban me for multi account because I promise I wont be coming back

bigdogsallers

Banned
31/8/18
As a qualified doctor in 2 months who just finished a psychiatric placement, it was evident to see the effects of social media and the internet on today's youth. I implore you guys to research into the effects of such behaviour (for example 3% of those bullied online attempt to commit suicide and 5% self harm) and to consider the weight behind what you type. Senior members and admins have a responsibility to protect those around them from such behaviours rather than be the ones who encourage/start it.

bigdogsallers

Banned
31/8/18
Me and whoomz been best friends for the last 24 years... Happy to provide pictures of us from 1 y/o - 24 y/o. Or our call history/fact we have 2000 hours counter strike together and 1000 hours rocket league. So if all this is true why is there no link from my account (any admin can check all my previous posts) to one of his supposed multi accounts (yet his first post on this I commented on).

ks123

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/3/16
London
Hey,

Here is my Noob YM with an A2824 movement with a Tomrep bezel mod, I don't really think you need a black hole crystal, stock noobs ones are pretty good on these.

hLHMf.jpg

bigdogsallers

Banned
31/8/18
Last post before I go back to revising for my Finals...

Evidence against whoomz having a multiple account:

1) Dr Fun Socks can verify we met him in person ast week for me to buy an IWC off him. He showed us his collection and we all chatted for 30-45 mins and it was both of our first time seeing a rep collection but was also clear whoomz knew loads from reading RWI and from loving watches since he was like 5 y/o

2) Admins can't find any evidence of a second account

3) Myself and whoomz have been best mates for 24 years (which I will provide any admin proof of) yet on my account there is 0 association with his alleged other account.

4) I literally have a screenshot of him whatsapping me asking me about rwi rules as he wants to make an account (any admin can skype me and i will scroll through our messages showing they ain't photoshopped). His name is Joomz in texts as thats his gamertag (again can provide proof of that) and hence the J in his avatar.

In the picture you can see the IWC I bought from Dr Fun Socks which I'm sending as added a new strap to. Then you can see Joomz asking me about the rules of RWI. This was one of multiple convos about RWI we have had in last few months and will provide any admin with relevant proof. Messages are dated to 5th Jan.

5) I can provide 100s of whatsapp exchanges between myself and Joomz showing his in depth knowledge of both rep and gen watches.

Evidence for whoomz having multi account:

1) Has good knowledge of watches

2) Followed all rules when posting

Admins xj4sonx Raddave yllekp please PM me for any of the evidence I've stated and reinstate my boi ASAP

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
bigdogsallers I did meet up with big dog sallers and his freind to buy my iwc last week. As for the multiple account thing i dont know i struggle to turn a computer on let alone work one. Both the guys were pretty into reps and had some good back ground knowledge, i guess from doing their homework. But its none of my business what the admins have decided.

Reactions: Maron

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Last post before I go back to revising for my Finals...

Evidence against whoomz having a multiple account:

1) Dr Fun Socks can verify we met him in person ast week for me to buy an IWC off him. He showed us his collection and we all chatted for 30-45 mins and it was both of our first time seeing a rep collection but was also clear whoomz knew loads from reading RWI and from loving watches since he was like 5 y/o

2) Admins can't find any evidence of a second account

3) Myself and whoomz have been best mates for 24 years (which I will provide any admin proof of) yet on my account there is 0 association with his alleged other account.

4) I literally have a screenshot of him whatsapping me asking me about rwi rules as he wants to make an account (any admin can skype me and i will scroll through our messages showing they ain't photoshopped). His name is Joomz in texts as thats his gamertag (again can provide proof of that) and hence the J in his avatar.

In the picture you can see the IWC I bought from Dr Fun Socks which I'm sending as added a new strap to. Then you can see Joomz asking me about the rules of RWI. This was one of multiple convos about RWI we have had in last few months and will provide any admin with relevant proof. Messages are dated to 5th Jan.

5) I can provide 100s of whatsapp exchanges between myself and Joomz showing his in depth knowledge of both rep and gen watches.

Evidence for whoomz having multi account:

1) Has good knowledge of watches

2) Followed all rules when posting

Admins xj4sonx Raddave yllekp please PM me for any of the evidence I've stated and reinstate my boi ASAP

We do have evidence that this is his second account otherwise trailboss99 would not have posted what he posted.

As for calling xj4sonx a douchebag. I will let you take that up with him.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
As a qualified doctor in 2 months who just finished a psychiatric placement, it was evident to see the effects of social media and the internet on today's youth. I implore you guys to research into the effects of such behaviour (for example 3% of those bullied online attempt to commit suicide and 5% self harm) and to consider the weight behind what you type. Senior members and admins have a responsibility to protect those around them from such behaviours rather than be the ones who encourage/start it.

Good lord you are a turd. Your not qualified for jack shit yet so stop the condescending bullshit. I’m not the least bit impressed. We have doctors, engineers, CEOs, billionaires (yes billions) and celebrities on this board. You have no idea how hard the owners and staff work to keep this place safe for you and you and your poor victim friends. This board is attacked by individuals daily who attempt to scam members and shut down the board via cyber attacks. Grow up and shut up. If you can’t take it and think you are in the midst of cyber bullying then leave. Nobody is forcing you and your buddies to endure the pain and torture. Sorry if we hurt your feelings.

Reactions: Taz71

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
My god and yet ANOTHER sock
fettyrepz

And your PM to me saying sorry means jackshit when you, your boi (that's how you spelled it right) continue to create new accounts
I am a bit busy this morning but I will be bringing the hammer down shortly
you and your other 3 accounts yeah boi

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Taz71