• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DJF Hulk v2 (316F)

omarvale

Horology Curious
3/2/19
Hey Itto, your watch is the one selling for $368, or the $478 one? I see 2 versions on PT. Was wondering which one you got. Thanks!

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
It's the cheaper one for $368.

Hey Itto, have you tried the ARF bracelet on the DJF? I've just got myself a DJF Hulk and the only thing I'd rather change is the SEL fitting as it's too flush for my taste. All the rest, I must say, is just plain perfect for me.

Reactions: KJ2020

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
What’s the clearance of the hour hand like over the dial?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
Hey Itto, have you tried the ARF bracelet on the DJF? I've just got myself a DJF Hulk and the only thing I'd rather change is the SEL fitting as it's too flush for my taste. All the rest, I must say, is just plain perfect for me.

ARF bracelet fits very good and really gives a better SEL - i currently use it on my djf hulk.

Vx0vzg.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
ARF bracelet fits very good and really gives a better SEL - i currently use it on my djf hulk.

Vx0vzg.jpg

Hey bro, Are you still using that aftermarket insert you posted about? Is it suitable for a Spongebob mod (deep cutouts)? Was thinking about doing that. BTW your Hulk looks damn nice!

Smpfan what do you think?

Thanks guys

Last edited:

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
Hey bro, Are you still using that aftermarket insert you posted about? Is it suitable for a Spongebob mod (deep cutouts)? Was thinking about doing that. BTW your Hulk looks damn nice!

Smpfan what do you think?

Thanks guys

Thanks! Yep, that's the ebay insert in the picture - tbh i don't know if it is spongebob-able, i would think yes but take my advice with a grain of salt as i haven't tried it =)

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09

Vx0vzg.jpg

Thanks a lot mate! Will order one right now, ha. I'm wondering if I should order two, as I've got a Noob gmt that surely could improve. Off topic here but, would an ARF Daytona bracelet work on a Noob GMT?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thanks a lot mate! Will order one right now, ha. I'm wondering if I should order two, as I've got a Noob gmt that surely could improve. Off topic here but, would an ARF Daytona bracelet work on a Noob GMT?

Hit or miss using an ARF on even a Noob Daytona, let alone a GMT. Try one, then order the other or get two and flip one if it doesn't fit right.

Reactions: Hinclimincli

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Btw, how is your movement holding up Itto? Still lots of power reserve? Any issues when winding it? I'd love these new clones to work well!

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Hit or miss using an ARF on even a Noob Daytona, let alone a GMT. Try one, then order the other or get two and flip one if it doesn't fit right.

Great idea. I don't think I'd have trouble reselling an ARF Daytona bracelet, you're right.

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
Btw, how is your movement holding up Itto? Still lots of power reserve? Any issues when winding it? I'd love these new clones to work well!

No issues so far and the power reserve is really doing well - i am pleasantly surprised i must say.
Winding is not ultra-smooth, but it's good and it does not feel unstable or something.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Now after a quick & easy "plastic SEL mod", to slightly improve SEL fitting, still using the original 2mm springbars but showing a slightly better SEL. Notice how the dial changes colour depending on how the light impacts it. This watch is an absolute bargain!

VxlUKX.jpg

Reactions: stufuse and Itto

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
No issues so far and the power reserve is really doing well - i am pleasantly surprised i must say.
Winding is not ultra-smooth, but it's good and it does not feel unstable or something.

Now I've got some info from my watchsmith, and it looks like the movement is somehow based on a...

[drumroll]

​​​​​​... SEIKO 7S26!

Look at the pawl lever on the winding gear. And apparently there are more mods, but essentially it's a 7S26 modified for high beat and setting time the opposite as an ETA. And this, actually, brings me tons of peace of mind as it means the movement is solid as a rock and easy to service! Plus it now runs at great specs!

VfDD2p.jpg

VwB5XX.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Itto

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
Now I've got some info from my watchsmith, and it looks like the movement is somehow based on a...

[drumroll]

​​​​​​... SEIKO 7S26!

Look at the pawl lever on the winding gear. And apparently there are more mods, but essentially it's a 7S26 modified for high beat and setting time the opposite as an ETA. And this, actually, brings me tons of peace of mind as it means the movement is solid as a rock and easy to service! Plus it now runs at great specs!

VfDD2p.jpg

VwB5XX.jpg

Awesome news - thanks for the insight!

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
[drumroll]
​​​​​​... SEIKO 7S26!
VfDD2p.jpg
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

VwB5XX.jpg
Very interesting as the 904L version does not show the same movement on the websites. Never saw a Seiko mod movement used in a Rolex rep before

https://www.ts-station.cn/mobile/goods.php?ProId=24387​​​​​​

15589021880660.jpg

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
Never ever is this a SEIKO 7S26 movement. Look at a 7S26, notice the position of the balance.

c4a91290745d31c0f8159de10a56195e.jpg

3487bb1e2b1c2f0c82e753facaabad7c.jpg

We all know a 7S26 does not have a hacking function nor handwinding. Only 6R15 or 4R movements have got this.

I cannot find any similarities between this DJF and any SEIKO movements.
And you know DJF has got correct crown position so the stem height of the movement is correct. But 7S series have got another stem height.

I guess this is a chinese movement based on any a Seagull STxx and modified.

Greets Andi