• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

114060 from Guangzhou watch market

ninjin

Horology Curious
28/4/18
Visiting Guangzhou watch market a few days ago and ended up with this.:)

First time to buy a top notch rep.

Let's have some fun and see if you can work out the maker of it.

y4mNyfgHdMqdBZYmRisGrddXFgAepwpFqZS6mIRss7-ho98PV8h53jwx1_VfL8ZYJrhuRixidOX0DdSjaTIR8opCFvKQELKK7mKZGsAcR9AQMx7V_Rn_sBkb5VHNwXXKrc3XNvGeOIRvWCv6ddf5m_sATWXDJpytCK7Uz3HifiW2msPU_gZXUaN3wd1vfgO5LXT

Reactions: szumi

ninjin

Horology Curious
28/4/18
The marks on the bezel between 12-3 are reflections from the window netting.

Jerseydan31

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/11/18
Wow that’s a nice rep (at least the picture’s resolution is superb!!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ninjin

Horology Curious
28/4/18
Not bad for a entry level phone! It's a Xiaomi Mi A2 phone. Camera is amazing at this price point.

Reactions: MonsieurMax

kaddy

Known Member
14/7/18
Deep engraved bezel makes me think ARF, but they haven't made a no-date sub yet. Rehaut doesn't look like Noob so I'm going to guess JF or BP.

Reactions: Itto

ninjin

Horology Curious
28/4/18
I'll leave it for 24hrs to for people to have time to make a guess.

Then I'll reveal the answer .

:p

ninjin

Horology Curious
28/4/18
It's amazing the knowledge and eagle eyes the members have here in this forum. And the concensus is correct, it is a JF!

I was lucky enough to see a lot of pieces from various makers at the room I finally purchased from; JF, Noob, ARF etc.

In fact, we purchased 3 watches in total. JF no date sub, Noob sub date, ARF 904l SD43.

Comparing the noob and the JF, even at a glance you could see that the noob is a more impressive watch but I didn't want a rep that used the 2824(?) Movement. The shop said that they had too many problems with the cloned movement and won't stock the v9 until the durability is sorted out.

Hence, for myself I settled on the JF. Have to say, under a lupe, the dial hour markers are a little off but the way the movement runs is so good.

Even the ARF SD43 looks clumsy in comparison.

Can you have the markers taken off bf re-aligned?

i hear lots of people Franken the noob, is the JF also capable of taking say, a genuine dial, hands and bezel?

ninjin

Horology Curious
28/4/18
I paid about $380 for the SD43 but I knew I could of got it much lower if I tried harder in the negotiation.

​​​​​​The problem also is demand v supply. He had 2 SD43 in the shop. One was very misaligned and I turned it down, leaving me with only the one piece to buy.

I went back the following morning and he said he had already tried to get more SD43 stock but ARF had none until the next production run.

If stock wasn't an issue, I reckon on around the $300 mark.

Reactions: daniel.deguo

ninjin

Horology Curious
28/4/18
Before I wore the SD43, I thought the same. In terms of visual presence, the SD43 is without a doubt having more inpact and modern looking.

The downer for me, is the SD43 is a very top heavy watch. Whilst the classic sub is much thinner and better balanced.

I'll actually be wearing my sub with a rubber B to give it a more distinctive look compared to traditional oyster.

But you for sure will be happy with your purchase.

Enjoy it!

InfiniteOcean

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/1/19
Washington State
Must be pretty cool to see the watches in person before you buy. That would be an ideal situation for me. Thanks for the information!

mgpro

Horology Curious
30/11/18
Hi ninjin,

Could you tell me in which shop in Guangzhou watch market did you find these watches?
Thanks in advance.

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
It's amazing the knowledge and eagle eyes the members have here in this forum. And the concensus is correct, it is a JF!

I was lucky enough to see a lot of pieces from various makers at the room I finally purchased from; JF, Noob, ARF etc.

In fact, we purchased 3 watches in total. JF no date sub, Noob sub date, ARF 904l SD43.

Comparing the noob and the JF, even at a glance you could see that the noob is a more impressive watch but I didn't want a rep that used the 2824(?) Movement. The shop said that they had too many problems with the cloned movement and won't stock the v9 until the durability is sorted out.

Hence, for myself I settled on the JF. Have to say, under a lupe, the dial hour markers are a little off but the way the movement runs is so good.

Even the ARF SD43 looks clumsy in comparison.

Can you have the markers taken off bf re-aligned?

i hear lots of people Franken the noob, is the JF also capable of taking say, a genuine dial, hands and bezel?

People franken Noob because it has gen spec case. JF cant accept bezel and some other parts. As far as I know.