• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[Review] Rolex GMT Master II CHNR (RG two tone) with gen date disc and black hole

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Hey guys.

I saw the GMF version and thought it looked pretty good based on intime's pics. So I got one, but I had to fix the DW and the poorly done cyclops. The only issues now are:

- The SEL & all center links don't have gold on the sides. Not too noticeable, but if you look it's there. Fixable by buying a BP wrapped bracelet.
- Weight is less because there is no gold
- Hand stack is incorrect. However, it can be sometimes difficult to tell the hand stack because all the hands are rRG and blend in nicely.

Here are before pics:

T4EsQ.jpg

And the glamour shots:

T4VoR.jpg

T3AmZ.jpg

T34h2.jpg

Wristies:

T46Wg.jpg

T3rcd.jpg

Reactions: johnlogan

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Very very nice! Looks GEN at first, second & third glance. How did you fix the black hole?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Looks great brother, can you post a link to the DWO, that looks so much better!

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
That doesnt look too bad. The transition on the bezel colors is spot on.

If they had gold on the bracelet on the sides this would be pretty damn accurate rep except for the weight.

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
That doesnt look too bad. The transition on the bezel colors is spot on.

If they had gold on the bracelet on the sides this would be pretty damn accurate rep except for the weight.

Exactly. Too bad its $500 more for the wrapped TT, pretty hard to swallow for some RG on the center link sides.

nasar73

26/8/18
That looks amazing. I am tempted to get one. Where did you get the DW from? I have 5 genuine Rolexs, Deepsea JC, GMT Batman, Submariner Hulk, Sky Dweller Black Dial and Airking.... so I'm not prepared or can afford another one this year.

I do like the Rootbeer GMT and Yacht Master, one concern was the date wheel. See link below : Tempted to buy, but the bold date is such a give away. Are these easy to change?

​​​​​​https://www.intime03.co/rollie/5011...-bezel-on-oysterflex-rubber-strap-sh3135.html

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Exactly. Too bad its $500 more for the wrapped TT, pretty hard to swallow for some RG on the center link sides.

A gold sharpie mod is possible. I don’t feel a watch this perfect warrants another $500. If someone gets that close they will know it’s a rep anyway. I.e the weight & feel.

dc2_bb6_cu2

Renowned Member
18/6/17
Wow! Very nice, hella close to gen from the pics. Have the same mods lined up for mine when it arrives. How bad is the original DW? Can’t really tell from the before and after.

Skydrag

I'm Pretty Popular
1/1/15
This is the review and photo I always been waiting for
Great review OP, will get one and do the same as your ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MAYHM

Known Member
Certified
22/3/16
Thanks for posting this up, glad to finally see someone putting some time into IMO the best GMT-Master variant. I'm still trying to decide whether to buy one of these now or hold off to see what ARF offers after CNY in the GMT line up and how good it is. Have you priced up a wrapped bracelet on it's own for this? The SEL/links being bare on the side is a bit of a let down and holding me back at the moment...

p2c4ne1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/12/18
Looks amazing dude!
I also got my GMF a few weeks ago and I must say from looking at it, it’s spot on like gen even without the mods.
Enjoy it!
Happy new year!

Kingsman

Renowned Member
24/11/15
Savile Row
Anyone has had the chance to look into the BP? There is a non-wrapped version about $100 cheaper than GMF which seems to have the sides plated as well, at least from the looks of it on the SEL.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Anyone has had the chance to look into the BP? There is a non-wrapped version about $100 cheaper than GMF which seems to have the sides plated as well, at least from the looks of it on the SEL.

Can you post a link?

federik91

Renowned Member
3/12/15
Hey guys.

I saw the GMF version and thought it looked pretty good based on intime's pics. So I got one, but I had to fix the DW and the poorly done cyclops. The only issues now are:

- The SEL & all center links don't have gold on the sides. Not too noticeable, but if you look it's there. Fixable by buying a BP wrapped bracelet.
- Weight is less because there is no gold
- Hand stack is incorrect. However, it can be sometimes difficult to tell the hand stack because all the hands are rRG and blend in nicely.

Here are before pics:

T4EsQ.jpg

And the glamour shots:

T4VoR.jpg

T3AmZ.jpg

T34h2.jpg

Wristies:

T46Wg.jpg

T3rcd.jpg

Everytime i say "wow" when i see before /after changed dwo and Xtal A/R
i changed a lot of frankens, and these two items ar A MUST HAVE for a Frankens!
enjoy your root beer

Kingsman

Renowned Member
24/11/15
Savile Row
KJ2020 trustytime.club/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_5&products_id=19279

Non-TD but the only one with a video. I'm still not sure if it's the lighting, but there are a couple images and some snippets on the video that seem to have the sides plated.

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
KJ2020 trustytime.club/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_5&products_id=19279

Non-TD but the only one with a video. I'm still not sure if it's the lighting, but there are a couple images and some snippets on the video that seem to have the sides plated.

The BP Plated version doesn't have RG sidelinks. I took this screenshot from the video in that link:
qa4Hd.png

The only TD that has the wrapped version is Perfect Clones, and this pic clearly shows the wrapped version has the RG SELs. However, you'll have to pay a bit to get that wrapped SEL.
qarkZ.png

Skydrag

I'm Pretty Popular
1/1/15
Inspire by OP on this model and his mode for the crystal and DWO.
Can’t stand the temptation and get myself one
Indeed this is a very build watch. Will try get a prof crystal and gen disk as the cyclops does look blue and the date need more improvement

67d7fbecb222e848502f52fa4cf84338.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk