• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sub parts arrived!!

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
The current ST cases that are available will not accept a 3035, only a 3135. Their older cases (with better CGs) were specifically made for a 3035 but are pretty hard to find.

Unfortunately, the ST insert does not fit a gen bezel ring as it is too small. Also, a gen insert won’t fit an ST bezel as it is too large - sanding of the outside diameter of the insert is required, but not recommended.

Here are some pics of an ST 16610 case (with a hybrid Yuki 3135 in it), a TC LV v7x, a gen 16800, and a Phong 5513 where you can see the rehaut heights. You are correct that the gen 16800 rehaut is more shallow which is a result of the thicker date mechanism on the 3035. The thinner mechanism on the 3135 leads to the thicker rehaut.

05a4090a1360407725741849bed6d1ef.jpg
9a062f1c10f0c3dde752bcfc3d4db238.jpg
7733b01b5ce14f114923cc7661f27c56.jpg

You've said it better and more accurate then me! I was unaware of the insert fitment on the ST bezel ring. Did not know Gen insert will not fit.. humm this is okay I will see about sanding or maybe just purchase Gen bezel assembly (in my later plans anyways)

I'm after a super Franken :D

Thanks for the insight mate!

SubdayExpress

Village Idiot
30/12/15
You've said it better and more accurate then me! I was unaware of the insert fitment on the ST bezel ring. Did not know Gen insert will not fit.. humm this is okay I will see about sanding or maybe just purchase Gen bezel assembly (in my later plans anyways)

I'm after a super Franken :D

Thanks for the insight mate!

You are on the right path for a superfranken for sure and glad to help in any way possible :drinks_cheers:

pm incoming on the gen bezel assembly ...

SubdayExpress

Village Idiot
30/12/15
Your totally right about the really really made well part! And now they have gotten even better!! The sides are no longer polished but brushed as Gen (up & down) same as TC and the rest of it is also really well brushed almost feels a little gritty to the touch but it is the fine fine straight brush strokes which work in to a fine feeling smooth as Gen in about a week of wear.

Would you mind posting a few pics of the ST bracelet sides? Very curious to see them!

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
Would like to see this bracelet, too. Ist it equipped with solid endlinks or old style stamped ones?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
Would like to see this bracelet, too. Ist it equipped with solid endlinks or old style stamped ones?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

Sure thing will post some as soon as I can!

No, not solid SEL's and the mid links are hollow as well. But the stamped SEL's fit decent with tweaking involved to fit the fatter curvature of the ST case lugs. However it was no problem with my old TC V6 fitment (proper fit as GEN)

Cheers!

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
Good day to you Dizzy!

Actually you may be mistaken about the 3035 and the 3135 case sets, The one I have is indeed the 3135 case which fits Gen and SH3135 movement with out and problems/modding.

The ST case your talking about is the one I was after being that my original build was supposed to be the 14060 no date sub That case indeed has a shallower rehaut then 16610.

BUT, unfortunately they no longer offer that case or I'd have to purchase them both!

The build quality of ST cases are right on par with Gen spec, (a side of the actual case, lugs fat CG short) The internals for movement and bezel assembly should be right on.

The Gen stated crystal and gasket fit on the case hassle free pressed on the ST crystal retainer ring and ST bezel spring and ST click spring and ST bezel ring all clicked together flawlessly!

Should have taken pictures...

waiting on another Gen crystal and Gen gasket to arrive will post update when it arrives.

oh, and the Gen insert should (my guesses) snap into the ST bezel assembly with out any issues. This I will update as well when I get ahold of one.

Yes you are correct. The new case on startime is the 3135. I thought it was the same old one from years and years ago. That means a 2824 will fit perfect! Excellent.

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
Okay Here we go Gent's ST Bracelet update.

Here is the Connection Mid link to the Stamped Hollow SEL's I like it how the
connection link is quite thick for long extensive use (I assume life span will be good on wear time)

Notice it isn't Solid as the Rep oyster connection link, also has the correct (crease) for function. More pics on that later.

As promised, The sides are now indeed brushed and the screws look quite good. The clasp connection pieces are done well IMO It is a Swoosh like link leaving
Room for the deployment (tab) to function and fit flush between bracelet links and clasp. Well Done! Good attention to detail here.

Here you can notice the Gen Like Brushing of the links, Although with that being said there is (I come to notice) some ripple like motion on just the center links (hard to notice) but other then
this I'd say very well executed

The next picture you can really see the Slotted Center Connection piece very will done and as I've mentioned before this is my first time seeing this on after market oyster style bracelets. Oh, a must mention, This does except 2mm Spring bars including the ST Hollow SEL's

And Just for fun, This is what I have been wearing it on :cool: Paired up with Yuki Hollow SEL's Did some modding of this piece too :rolleyes: Rebrushed case and polished the sides along with the bezel ring give it a more 36 Explorer look:)

More parts are on the way Update Yet to come stay tuned!!

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
Would this Gen Luminova dial be worth $150.00 with this damage?

Glows really bright too! How could something like this be fixed? Looks like the lacquer is coming up..

SubdayExpress

Village Idiot
30/12/15
Would this Gen Luminova dial be worth $150.00 with this damage?

Glows really bright too! How could something like this be fixed? Looks like the lacquer is coming up..

Oh, that’s a tough call. Price is somewhat reasonable at $150, but would your OCD kick in every time you check the time? Mine would ...

Reactions: Perpetual

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
*UPDATE*
Just to get an Idea of what it will look like, Still waiting on parts.. till then I stuffed my old 2846 movement in there using yuki holder stem lined up perfect (no date wheel or dial spacer).

TC V6 bracelet, clasp,
Swiss ST sholderless spring bars
Gen Luminova dial
Tudor Sub hands (waiting for BP SD hands) thanks mate!
Gen 704 Crown
ST Gen spec Tube
ST bezel assembly
ST bezel insert (Gen shark in transit)
No crystal! (Gen crystal & gasket in transit)
No date wheel! (Gen installed as DWO to ETA)

That's all for now folks

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
*UPDATE*
HT3lI.md.jpg

Just to get an Idea of what it will look like, Still waiting on parts.. till then I stuffed my old 2846 movement in there using yuki holder stem lined up perfect (no date wheel or dial spacer).

TC V6 bracelet, clasp,
Swiss ST sholderless spring bars
Gen Luminova dial
Tudor Sub hands (waiting for BP SD hands) thanks mate!
Gen 704 Crown
ST Gen spec Tube
ST bezel assembly
ST bezel insert (Gen shark in transit)
No crystal! (Gen crystal & gasket in transit)
No date wheel! (Gen installed as DWO to ETA)

That's all for now folks

That Prof crystal really makes the dial pop! :hehehe:

But anyways about the case lugs I will say at first they bothered me being a bit wider/fatter lugs but they grew on me really did I like the way it looks nice and beefy!

I remember back when having my TC V6 I went into a Rolex boutique and they had the 16610 steel date sub I held it in hand and some reason it felt bigger, like thicker and I couldn't put my finger on why?! I didn't feel like my TC at all in any way! Maybe the lugs were thicker as this ST is.. I don't know but this ST now with Gen dial installed really reminds me of that time I held that Gen 16610 date sub in hand, .. and I like that:bb::yes:

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
I'd like to know how to use imgbb.... it only let's me post links...

20190822-171316.jpg" alt="20190822-171316" border="0">

Last edited:

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
You have to have an account to do that. Create one or sign in with FB, Google, Twitter, etc.

Thanks bro! Yea I just signed up. But still only links/url's get copied and posted as links..

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thanks bro! Yea I just signed up. But still only links/url's get copied and posted as links..

Try logging out and logging back in, sometimes it doesn't respond like you are logged in even though it shows that you are.

Select your pics
Tap Action
Get Embed Codes
BB codes full

15665363666140.jpg

15665363667001.jpg

15665363667202.jpg

Last edited:

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
Try logging out and logging back in, sometimes it doesn't respond like you are logged in even though it shows that you are.

Select your pics
Tap Action
Get Embed Codes
BB codes full

15665363666140.jpg

15665363667001.jpg

15665363667202.jpg

Oh man brother!! Your the best! Finally I can start sharing pictures again! I still didnt update my Franken sub build lol

Reactions: KJ2020