Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.

It's raffle time! Get your tickets today!CLICK HERE
See more
See less

Sub parts arrived!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Originally posted by lawlessflyer View Post

    That's awesome news! I guess Mr. Creddle did very well with His v7 version because I could tell between Gen and my TV V6 model. Not saying it wasn't good but the color of the crystal even gave it away. Has a blue tone
    From what I have read that some of the V6 version indeed had blueish AR which is not the case at the V7X

    Comment


      #32
      Originally posted by lawlessflyer View Post

      Lovely peice mate! Got every thing matching on this one! Even Gen bracelet great job!!

      I'm going to stick with ST bracelet with Gen 93150 clasp . I'd say the ST bracelet (except clasp) is quite good! Even the connection peices at the SEL side is correct first I see this on after market parts for Rolex.

      enjoy your Sub mate!
      The ST bracelet is really, really well made however, the sides of the links are polished rather than brushed. But it’s nothing that can’t be taken care of!!

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by lawlessflyer View Post

        I have a few pictures of the case set complete earlier in this thread.

        what did you want to see closer I could maybe take a few more shots at it
        I guess I meant more of the fact that the startime 16610 case is for a 3035 and I’m wondering how a SH3135 stem will line up with the tube? I’m hoping it works and then I’ll get a case on my next order. And I’m hoping the Gen crystal fits and the startime bezel is compatable with the Gen insert. How is the rehaut depth compared to a Gen 16610 or even compared to your TC? The rehaut depth will determine if I make a 16610 or a 16800. The 16800 rehaut is shallower.

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by Dizzy View Post

          I guess I meant more of the fact that the startime 16610 case is for a 3035 and I’m wondering how a SH3135 stem will line up with the tube? I’m hoping it works and then I’ll get a case on my next order. And I’m hoping the Gen crystal fits and the startime bezel is compatable with the Gen insert. How is the rehaut depth compared to a Gen 16610 or even compared to your TC? The rehaut depth will determine if I make a 16610 or a 16800. The 16800 rehaut is shallower.
          Ok I see now you’re using a 2824. That’s about the same stem height as a 3135. Eta2836 is closer to the 3035 stem position. I’d love to see a pic into the tube hole to see how it all lines up during assembly. Of course you can fine tune it with diff dial spacers, but not much. I’m excited to see this come together. There’s a guy on VRF selling Gen 93150 clasps for $250-300. Not a bad deal.

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by SubdayExpress View Post

            The ST bracelet is really, really well made however, the sides of the links are polished rather than brushed. But it’s nothing that can’t be taken care of!!
            Your totally right about the really really made well part! And now they have gotten even better!! The sides are no longer polished but brushed as Gen (up & down) same as TC and the rest of it is also really well brushed almost feels a little gritty to the touch but it is the fine fine straight brush strokes which work in to a fine feeling smooth as Gen in about a week of wear. I have been wearing it on my Hamilton Khaki 38mm field watch looks great on it reminds me of an explorer 36

            Do not brush this band before at least a week wear you'll be completely satisfied

            Comment


              #36
              Glad to hear they corrected the sides!!

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by Dizzy View Post

                I guess I meant more of the fact that the startime 16610 case is for a 3035 and I’m wondering how a SH3135 stem will line up with the tube? I’m hoping it works and then I’ll get a case on my next order. And I’m hoping the Gen crystal fits and the startime bezel is compatable with the Gen insert. How is the rehaut depth compared to a Gen 16610 or even compared to your TC? The rehaut depth will determine if I make a 16610 or a 16800. The 16800 rehaut is shallower.
                Good day to you Dizzy!

                Actually you may be mistaken about the 3035 and the 3135 case sets, The one I have is indeed the 3135 case which fits Gen and SH3135 movement with out and problems/modding.

                The ST case your talking about is the one I was after being that my original build was supposed to be the 14060 no date sub That case indeed has a shallower rehaut then 16610.

                BUT, unfortunately they no longer offer that case or I'd have to purchase them both!

                The build quality of ST cases are right on par with Gen spec, (a side of the actual case, lugs fat CG short) The internals for movement and bezel assembly should be right on.

                The Gen stated crystal and gasket fit on the case hassle free pressed on the ST crystal retainer ring and ST bezel spring and ST click spring and ST bezel ring all clicked together flawlessly!

                Should have taken pictures...

                waiting on another Gen crystal and Gen gasket to arrive will post update when it arrives.

                oh, and the Gen insert should (my guesses) snap into the ST bezel assembly with out any issues. This I will update as well when I get ahold of one.


                Comment


                  #38
                  Originally posted by Dizzy View Post

                  Ok I see now you’re using a 2824. That’s about the same stem height as a 3135. Eta2836 is closer to the 3035 stem position. I’d love to see a pic into the tube hole to see how it all lines up during assembly. Of course you can fine tune it with diff dial spacers, but not much. I’m excited to see this come together. There’s a guy on VRF selling Gen 93150 clasps for $250-300. Not a bad deal.
                  Yes, the eta 2824 is the one I'm going with for now, maybe down the road I'll get the SH in there.

                  From my research the eta 2824 has plenty of room for stem clearance. Even recommended building up (out towards case back) to line up with stem there is that much room. (Build out space between DWO possibly using dial dots for DWO (like TC did) and also building out dial spacer (where dial meets movement holder) TC uses a small thin phome/paper spacer between dial and movement holder where the dial rests on. In my planes to do the same.

                  I'm not familiar with VRF that is a good price!

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by Dizzy View Post

                    I guess I meant more of the fact that the startime 16610 case is for a 3035 and I’m wondering how a SH3135 stem will line up with the tube? I’m hoping it works and then I’ll get a case on my next order. And I’m hoping the Gen crystal fits and the startime bezel is compatable with the Gen insert. How is the rehaut depth compared to a Gen 16610 or even compared to your TC? The rehaut depth will determine if I make a 16610 or a 16800. The 16800 rehaut is shallower.
                    The current ST cases that are available will not accept a 3035, only a 3135. Their older cases (with better CGs) were specifically made for a 3035 but are pretty hard to find.

                    Unfortunately, the ST insert does not fit a gen bezel ring as it is too small. Also, a gen insert won’t fit an ST bezel as it is too large - sanding of the outside diameter of the insert is required, but not recommended.

                    Here are some pics of an ST 16610 case (with a hybrid Yuki 3135 in it), a TC LV v7x, a gen 16800, and a Phong 5513 where you can see the rehaut heights. You are correct that the gen 16800 rehaut is more shallow which is a result of the thicker date mechanism on the 3035. The thinner mechanism on the 3135 leads to the thicker rehaut.

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Originally posted by Dizzy View Post

                      I guess I meant more of the fact that the startime 16610 case is for a 3035 and I’m wondering how a SH3135 stem will line up with the tube? I’m hoping it works and then I’ll get a case on my next order. And I’m hoping the Gen crystal fits and the startime bezel is compatable with the Gen insert. How is the rehaut depth compared to a Gen 16610 or even compared to your TC? The rehaut depth will determine if I make a 16610 or a 16800. The 16800 rehaut is shallower.
                      Oh sorry forgot to answer your last question, The rehaut depth on my case the 3135 ST (only one they offer at the moment) is on par with Gen and TC 16610

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Originally posted by SubdayExpress View Post

                        The current ST cases that are available will not accept a 3035, only a 3135. Their older cases (with better CGs) were specifically made for a 3035 but are pretty hard to find.

                        Unfortunately, the ST insert does not fit a gen bezel ring as it is too small. Also, a gen insert won’t fit an ST bezel as it is too large - sanding of the outside diameter of the insert is required, but not recommended.

                        Here are some pics of an ST 16610 case (with a hybrid Yuki 3135 in it), a TC LV v7x, a gen 16800, and a Phong 5513 where you can see the rehaut heights. You are correct that the gen 16800 rehaut is more shallow which is a result of the thicker date mechanism on the 3035. The thinner mechanism on the 3135 leads to the thicker rehaut.

                        You've said it better and more accurate then me! I was unaware of the insert fitment on the ST bezel ring. Did not know Gen insert will not fit.. humm this is okay I will see about sanding or maybe just purchase Gen bezel assembly (in my later plans anyways)

                        I'm after a super Franken

                        Thanks for the insight mate!

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Originally posted by lawlessflyer View Post

                          You've said it better and more accurate then me! I was unaware of the insert fitment on the ST bezel ring. Did not know Gen insert will not fit.. humm this is okay I will see about sanding or maybe just purchase Gen bezel assembly (in my later plans anyways)

                          I'm after a super Franken

                          Thanks for the insight mate!
                          You are on the right path for a superfranken for sure and glad to help in any way possible

                          pm incoming on the gen bezel assembly ...

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Originally posted by lawlessflyer View Post

                            Your totally right about the really really made well part! And now they have gotten even better!! The sides are no longer polished but brushed as Gen (up & down) same as TC and the rest of it is also really well brushed almost feels a little gritty to the touch but it is the fine fine straight brush strokes which work in to a fine feeling smooth as Gen in about a week of wear.
                            Would you mind posting a few pics of the ST bracelet sides? Very curious to see them!

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Would like to see this bracelet, too. Ist it equipped with solid endlinks or old style stamped ones?


                              Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Originally posted by SubdayExpress View Post

                                Would you mind posting a few pics of the ST bracelet sides? Very curious to see them!
                                Sure thing! I will definitely snap some shots of it and post them here

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X