• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New SUB VRF

JMK

13/2/18
I have good experiences with both In & Pure time :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
All of our TD's are good. Both Puretime and Intime are great guys and can get you the watch. So can Toro and exc.....

Wildcatfan

13/2/18
Got a couple of my watches sold to happy new owners today. Time to order up!

palaufreak

Renowned Member
7/7/16
Anyone knows a TD that still accepts WU? I can't wait anymore, I'm ordering this beauty.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Drifter

Renowned Member
31/10/17
Anyone knows a TD that still accepts WU? I can't wait anymore, I'm ordering this beauty.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Western union is dead amongst TDs. Bank transfer seems be more popular these days or PayPal for trusted members

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Mrgkman

Known Member
13/8/18
Is bitcoin an option for you?

I’ve always used bitcoin buying from PT. They give a discount and the transaction is pretty seamless. I wouldn’t want to use any other method now.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: vcappp

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
The suspense is killing you, right? Well, it's from Ryan at InTime. I have bought from him before, and was very happy. To be fair, I have also bought from Angus at Puretime (my ARF 116600 LV 2824)and ALSO had a great experience! With Angus, I had changed my initial order (a Noob) to the less expensive ARF and was owed $50 and change for the difference, and sure enough - it was refunded to me with NO hassle. I have been impressed with both of them.... So - why Ryan for the VRF 3135? Well, it may or may not be true, but he kind of implied that he had an "in" with the VRF factory - and since I got my VRF MAX Hulk 2836 from him and was super pleased, I decided to get this VRF from him as well. He knew right away that they'd be back in business quickly after they were shut down, and he was right.

Bottom line is, I would not hesitate to use either of them again.

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
And I used Bitcoin this time (and got a discount) - it was easier than I thought it would be and saved me $. The only hard part was waiting 9 days for my bank to clear the funds before I could place the order - and that only was because I insisted on having the funds come directly from my bank account.

Mrgkman

Known Member
13/8/18
Can’t remember, it’s been a while. I think if you pay for the bitcoin on Coinbase using a debit card it’s an immediate transfer. From what I recall, if you buy the bitcoin utilizing a bank transfer, there’s a waiting period for the funds to clear. Sorry I know this isn’t a thread on bitcoin, just a word to the wise. If done correctly, it can be a very easy transaction.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
Not to digress into another area, but one final comment, taken from the internet:
"Coinbase offers a flat rate of 1.49% for all transactions on their platform, which is considered really low. Residents of United States can also connect their debit/credit card to Coinbase for faster (but more expensive) deposits."

I used Coinbase, and the 6% Bitcoin discount saved me almost $34 on the entire amount including shipping - so it was basically free shipping.

Reactions: vcappp and KJ2020

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
I sure hope this VR 3135 movement is good. I am massively disappointed in the SA3135 movements. I got two watches recently from forum members, one cost over 2K and was from a builder who is "known" for his builds. After only a couple of weeks, it started to fail - first the autowind quit working, now as of today I can't wind the watch without a horrible grinding feeling. I was not rough on the watch, never dropped it - nothing - and now it's going to cost even more to get a decent movement installed. The other was over $800, with an SA3135 taken from a newer Noob, and it also quit after a couple of weeks! It's already been sent off for a checkup and I hope to god it doesn't need a new movement.
For crying out loud, what the heck is the issue with these SA movements??? (Rhetorical question, I know there are tons of posts about it)

I have a Sub with a gen 3135 movement coming my way soon and I swear, if it fails, I give up.

Meanwhile, my VRF 2836 and ARF 2824 are running beautifully!!

Reactions: KJ2020 and vcappp

Rolex_Master

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/16
Europe
Yes, i agree, A2824 and A2836 (and of course Sellita the best swiss movement at this time) of you don't want any movement problems

bac14070596

Known Member
21/3/18
United Kingdom
Did you receive a separate email with Intime once the payment has been confirmed? I paid using MasterCard last night but there is no pending transactions to come out of my account but I have received an email confirming my order does this mean it's go through ?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Drifter

Renowned Member
31/10/17
I sure hope this VR 3135 movement is good. I am massively disappointed in the SA3135 movements. I got two watches recently from forum members, one cost over 2K and was from a builder who is "known" for his builds. After only a couple of weeks, it started to fail - first the autowind quit working, now as of today I can't wind the watch without a horrible grinding feeling. I was not rough on the watch, never dropped it - nothing - and now it's going to cost even more to get a decent movement installed. The other was over $800, with an SA3135 taken from a newer Noob, and it also quit after a couple of weeks! It's already been sent off for a checkup and I hope to god it doesn't need a new movement.
For crying out loud, what the heck is the issue with these SA movements??? (Rhetorical question, I know there are tons of posts about it)

I have a Sub with a gen 3135 movement coming my way soon and I swear, if it fails, I give up.

Meanwhile, my VRF 2836 and ARF 2824 are running beautifully!!
This is why I stick with the ETA clones for all my reps. They are easy to fix and parts are readily available.

I feel sorry for your troubles . Hope you get them sorted soon

Wildcatfan

13/2/18
Did you receive a separate email with Intime once the payment has been confirmed? I paid using MasterCard last night but there is no pending transactions to come out of my account but I have received an email confirming my order does this mean it's go through ?

I would say it was declined. Same thing happened to me. It was like it never even attempted to charge my accounts.

bac14070596

Known Member
21/3/18
United Kingdom
Thanks what did you do in the end ? Keep getting a message saying "cart can't be loaded or an order has already been placed " I've tried 4 times now ha I have also tried in a different web browser same issue .

Wildcatfan

13/2/18
Just email and ask them. You'll probably have to use bitcoin, call your car issuer to verify charges or use another TD like Chazingtime that's does wire transfers.

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/10/18

If I recall correctly, no I didn't immediately get that. I think the site even says that you may have to wait 48 hours to see if the CC company transaction goes through. Mine took a day or so on one order, on another it went through immediately, on another it never went through (all using the same card!) and on another, it went through weeks later (I got that order cancelled). I think the CC companies get wary of transactions involving China. You can email them and check, though.

Another good reason to just use Bitcoin.

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
This is why I stick with the ETA clones for all my reps. They are easy to fix and parts are readily available.

I feel sorry for your troubles . Hope you get them sorted soon

Thanks for the sympathy - I knew it could be a problematic movement, but I never expected both of them to go bad SO quickly!

My VRF MAX is coming back to me this week from the watchsmith - it was running fine, but I got a Sellita put in it while it was being cleaned and oiled. If nothing else, THAT one should last me a while!!

Tin

29/4/17
Just pulled the trigger and ordered the VR3135 LN. We shall see how it goes. Hopefully I'll be able to share some QC pics and compare it with my Noob V7 w Prof crystal when it arrives!