• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New SUB VRF

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Like Lumuracer said, it all depends on how the hands are installed. The issue with the date flip is more of the stud keeping you from adjusting the quickset. The jewel that SH and yuki use are tall and will not allow the date wheel to mover. Then if you try to force it you will strip the intermediate date wheel. That is one issue. Then the other issue is when you install a real date wheel the date plate is just a little too small and the studs are not high enough. So you have to sand the date wheel or lift the studs or change the date plate. I am hoping that these two things are fixed with the VR3135. It also looks like the date wheel is a nicer font. So one might not even need to change the date wheel. One can dream. I will have the watch in hands next week if all works out. I got the tracking a few days ago and DHL sent me a text saying Monday. We will see.

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
Im not sure about the SA movement other than is a decorated 2836 clone. Perhaps one of our rolex experts could chime in with some tips

I think maybe you are thinking of the a3135 movement, which is different than the SA 3135, IIRC...

timto1388

16/10/16
United Kingdom
Like Lumuracer said, it all depends on how the hands are installed. The issue with the date flip is more of the stud keeping you from adjusting the quickset. The jewel that SH and yuki use are tall and will not allow the date wheel to mover. Then if you try to force it you will strip the intermediate date wheel. That is one issue. Then the other issue is when you install a real date wheel the date plate is just a little too small and the studs are not high enough. So you have to sand the date wheel or lift the studs or change the date plate. I am hoping that these two things are fixed with the VR3135. It also looks like the date wheel is a nicer font. So one might not even need to change the date wheel. One can dream. I will have the watch in hands next week if all works out. I got the tracking a few days ago and DHL sent me a text saying Monday. We will see.

efa15df7e71edc54c97cb22873b6f23d.jpg

VR datewheel left Gen right

The dateplate on VR have exactly same size as Gen date plate the date indicator seating is also higher allow date wheel move freely
Cam yoke spring also weaker so it let u change date manually when time set from 12 to 6 after date flipped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: vcappp

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
efa15df7e71edc54c97cb22873b6f23d.jpg

VR datewheel left Gen right

The dateplate on VR have exactly same size as Gen date plate the date indicator seating is also higher allow date wheel move freely
Cam yoke spring also weaker so it let u change date manually when time set from 12 to 6 after date flipped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet!!!! That is what I am looking for. Can't wait!!!!

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Looking at the date wheels. The 4's and a few other numbers are off a little but compared to the SH/Yuki/ARF/SA date wheels, it is a major improvement. In fact I wouldn't even change it. There are 3 different fonts for a 3135 from DJ to Sub. They all look amazing and the rep for the VRF if that is what it looks like could easily be said to be a variant of it. It is about time that a 3135 came out with a better balance shock and working date changing. I am going to try to get in touch with the factory and order 10 of these movement if they are as good as they seem to be. I am going to convert some to 3186 and 3175 and 3130's. Finish the collection I want!!! Now if we can get someone to make a 3186 case! I want a batman and a Rootbeer!!!!

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16
Sweet!!!! That is what I am looking for. Can't wait!!!!

The VR date wheel looks ok to me, enough for me not to change it to gen and risk screwing things up. Thanks, timto1388 for this definitive side-by-side picture. Gen is gen, but again, I would not risk it if the date wheel is good emough, esp on the wrist. Of course, it's just my opinion.

Reactions: vcappp and occb2

Drifter

Renowned Member
31/10/17
The VR date wheel looks ok to me, enough for me not to change it to gen and risk screwing things up. Thanks, timto1388 for this definitive side-by-side picture. Gen is gen, but again, I would not risk it if the date wheel is good emough, esp on the wrist. Of course, it's just my opinion.
Vrf DW have been heaps better than noob and arf in all my previous rollies

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: vcappp and occb2

Beano2278

Horology Curious
9/12/18
I would say yes, my ARF oyster I got separately fits almost all my reps, including a BP Hulk, which is same case as VRF. You can never know for certain before trying but ARF bracelets are the most interchangeable in my experience.
Thanks, my VRF arrives next week so I'll give a go and see if it fits and feedback.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: occb2

dominic7

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/9/16
I think there's a small community in Japan like us that likes reps. Sometimes when I go to my TD in shenzhen I bump into Japanese stocking up on the latest Rolexes.

hey mate, im gonna fly to shenzhen soon for work and looking to pick some watches up. do you mind sharing the location of your TD in shenzhen?

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
Here are my QC photos. I have already greenlit the watch, so what's done is done. Looks good to me, overall.

du4fo.jpg

duX5I.jpg

duAjK.jpg

durzL.jpg

d6V0e.jpg

Reactions: vcappp

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
It does look really good, no SEL gap. Congrats

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
Looks like Ryan/Intime.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
I can highly recommend intime. But haven’t got any experience with puretime.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro