• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New SUB VRF

tech

umanami
9/5/06
Got it - thanks!

By the way, I was poking into the depths of the internet about the VR 3135 movement, and came across some pages which google translated for me (Japanese to English). The page was a series of exchanges between some people who seemed to be buyers from the manufacturers, they were discussing features of many watches, what they wanted, what was not not done correctly, etc. I came across several posts where someone was saying that they were pretty sure that the VR 3135 movement was made by the same manufacturer of the 4130 movement, and that it used the same Kif something or other as the gen...That all didn't mean much to me initially, since I am not a Daytona owner.... but then when I read up about that movement on RWI it seemed to have rave reviews! Hopefully that means that this 3135 will be a hit as well!!!

ありがと

Seems there are rep friendly types here...just hard to find them as にほんぎん are not very good at conversational English...

Thanks for posting that にほんwebsite

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
Its ok. I am looking for the best case and the best rep movement.

I have two 6 dig. personal watches. I have my hulk which is 100% Rolex. Then I have my 116610LN that is all rolex but mid case. I am always looking for the perfect mid case. So a Rolex spec 904 with proper engraving and notch for the 3135 movement is catching my eye.

I also love the 3135. I have played around with it for years now. Since Yuki. So to have a 3135 that has a well running calendar system and a better balance shock system is another thing that is making me excited.

I have a ton of parts between bracelets and movements and dials at this point. So I need another 6 dig sub like I need a hole in the head. LOL. But really this sub will be the first hulk rep that I am excited about. Noob and ARF have not come close when compared to a real one. I am hoping I am wrong. Never the less. The dial and bezel will be just put in the parts draw. The movement and case are what I am after if they are worth it.

This is the first Hulk watch I am looking forward to seeing in years. It looks great in QC pics. But lighting and angles do wonders on reps. I want a side to side comparison.

That is exciting to hear! It am still a noob, but from my short time on this forum, I know that it is not that often that something that is truly a big step up in quality and/or and aesthetics comes along. If this 3135 turns out to be a winner, I am going to buy another watch just for the movement. I have a V6S LN with "Noob's latest "SA3135 movement that I got not long ago from another forum member, and I love it - but after owning it only a matter of weeks, when I pull out the stem I can't set the time or date at all! The watch winds and runs, but that's it.
I am sending it off tomorrow for it to be looked at, but have a sinking feeling that the SA movement has gone to $#!*. So I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on this VR 3135 vs a Yuki movement, since l may well be swapping out the SA for one of these...

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
ありがと

Seems there are rep friendly types here...just hard to find them as にほんぎん are not very good at conversational English...

Thanks for posting that にほんwebsite

Huh?

tech

umanami
9/5/06

Here in Japan....FAKES are hated....

Or so I thought.

Seeing your post from Japanese was a revelation....

I have tried several times to get work done on reps and summarily rebuffed and probably rebuked in Japanese....

I am going to get someone I know to translate them...hopefully...

Still confused?

Rustyrust

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/5/18
Toro told me this uses the same green insert as the Max 2836. So I'm keeping mine...for now

Andysmart

Known Member
26/12/18
Excuse me guys, i am really interested in this Hulk Vrf but i don’ t understand the meaning of Max Vrf item... are you talking about of the same watch? Or is the difference of the movements? Thanks very much for who kindly want answer....

Luxuracer

Renowned Member
Excuse me guys, i am really interested in this Hulk Vrf but i don’ t understand the meaning of Max Vrf item... are you talking about of the same watch? Or is the difference of the movements? Thanks very much for who kindly want answer....

VRF first released early last year, then updated to VRF Max, both have A2836 movements. Now they release the VRF VR3135

Reactions: vcappp

Wildcatfan

13/2/18
Sorry, my apologies - I didn't mean to digress that much from OP! Just thought it was interesting to read.

I am anticipating the dissection of the VRF 3135 and the OPs thoughts! Thank you for doing that!!!!

Thanks for the info. I've never had one of the rep 3135 movements but I'm hoping they're more like gen. The 2824 or 2836 doesn't feel close to my gen watches.

Andysmart

Known Member
26/12/18
So the new Vrf VR3135 is not called Max anymore. Thank you Luxuracer very kind of you....

Mike116

I'm Pretty Popular
20/11/12
Back of beyond
Thanks for the info. I've never had one of the rep 3135 movements but I'm hoping they're more like gen. The 2824 or 2836 doesn't feel close to my gen watches.

Wildcatfan you may already know about quick setting the date on these 3135s so ignore this if you do but the advice ive had via pm is to set the hands at 7 before manually changing the date due to the pressure on the some parts that are fragile. Setting earlier risk breaking them. Ive got a jf 16610 in transit and it will be the first watch ive owned with this movement so i hope like hell its not going to be trouble

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
Here in Japan....FAKES are hated....

Or so I thought.

Seeing your post from Japanese was a revelation....

I have tried several times to get work done on reps and summarily rebuffed and probably rebuked in Japanese....

I am going to get someone I know to translate them...hopefully...

Still confused?

No - not at all - thanks for the explanation! I had no idea fakes were hated in Japan!! Wow, no wonder you were surprised....

Wildcatfan

13/2/18
Wildcatfan you may already know about quick setting the date on these 3135s so ignore this if you do but the advice ive had via pm is to set the hands at 7 before manually changing the date due to the pressure on the some parts that are fragile. Setting earlier risk breaking them. Ive got a jf 16610 in transit and it will be the first watch ive owned with this movement so i hope like hell its not going to be trouble

I did not know that was the preferred method. Thanks for the info. I've got a few watches I'm going to sell and probably order one of both LN and LV. In my eyes they look pretty fantastic. This is screwing up my plans though for the new 116519LN Submariner and my first torbillon watch. Every time I try to get out they pull me back in!

tech

umanami
9/5/06
No - not at all - thanks for the explanation! I had no idea fakes were hated in Japan!! Wow, no wonder you were surprised....

I am beginning to think they are VERY popular among the cognoscenti...but I haven't infiltrated that far. I suspect there is probably a giant subculture/underground bevy of modders and rep friendly types here but difficult to locate if not both fluent and savvy enough to ask...

Really appreciate your posting of their webs...

Now, back tot he VRF MAX Hulk....I wish I still had my GEN to compare...but this one looks like the current champ from the factories.

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/10/18

I did not know that either! Is that for both the SA 3135 and the SH 3135? (since they are different movements)

2many2choose

Known Member
17/8/16
I think there's a small community in Japan like us that likes reps. Sometimes when I go to my TD in shenzhen I bump into Japanese stocking up on the latest Rolexes.

Reactions: occb2

palaufreak

Renowned Member
7/7/16
Does the new Vrf flips date exactly at midnight? or at least someone knows if the movement is made to supposedly do this?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Luxuracer

Renowned Member
Does the new Vrf flips date exactly at midnight? or at least someone knows if the movement is made to supposedly do this?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The date flip exactly at midnight or not ... depend on the 'installing' of the hands ... if your watch's datewheel does not flip exactly at midnight, any watchmaker can reset the hands correctly.

Mike116

I'm Pretty Popular
20/11/12
Back of beyond
I did not know that either! Is that for both the SA 3135 and the SH 3135? (since they are different movements)

Im not sure about the SA movement other than is a decorated 2836 clone. Perhaps one of our rolex experts could chime in with some tips

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
Im not sure about the SA movement other than is a decorated 2836 clone. Perhaps one of our rolex experts could chime in with some tips

The SH3135 and SA3135 are both clones of the Rolex 3135. Neither are based on a 2836

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mike116