• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New SUB VRF

Spiral_Cabbage

12/2/18
Conus
Are you from this planet?? I can categorically guarantee that if you examined genuine Rolexes to this level of pedantism you would find similar "anomalies". I'm glad to hear that you think it will be "barley" noticeable though (perhaps you meant barely?) - I would be devastated if somebody called me out in public because of some slight shading in a miniscule corner of one of my lume dots.

LOL! I said that I was nitpicking.

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
Just to be nitpicking, there seems to be an anomaly on the upper left side of the 3 o’clock lume ..

7uPvL.jpg

This has to be the most accurately circled anomaly in history. You really centered this spot in the red circle. It must suck to be your wife. ;)))) (Just kiddin' man)

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
You are not alone, Sir ssouthall6 ! I'm getting an LN, if only for the movement. Same exact reason why I bought posthaste a Noob 116520. My way of saluting their Kaizen!

We better find the cheapest vrf model that uses this movement then ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: occb2

palaufreak

Renowned Member
7/7/16
What hulk is better? This VRF or the NOOB V9 SH3135

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: leo6929

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
Just to be nitpicking, there seems to be an anomaly on the upper left side of the 3 o’clock lume and the hands seem a little rough.

7uPvL.jpg

7uwHK.jpg

Most likely alll of that will be barley noticeable though.

Not only this anomaly. There is excessed lume on the chromed border, too.
As I mentioned before. At this pricepoint I await clean lumed markers and clean polished hands. Hands are looking smudgy. And they‘re are difficult to clean and repolish.

My much cheaper VRF Max hasn‘t got these faults.

But I‘ m not excited over this movement because I‘m an eta fan.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

JDM180

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/9/13
Gen lume is ususally badly applied when looking at it this close as well so dont sweat over shit like that , My gen sub has almost a hole in the hands lume and a couple of the markers are shadowed/uneven. Rolex said was normal...

Reactions: KJ2020

johnlia

Renowned Member
23/1/17
Exactly. LOL. Its a $500 rep not a $10,000 Rolex. LOL. My god this hobby is getting better by the leaps and bounds and people pic on dust and small micro marks. If I was paying $10,000 for a Rolex, I would agree. Perfect is expected. But a $500 rep I am good with this hulk. I can't wait to compare it to the real deal. I am hoping it is the best out there. I have never seen on stand to a side by side.

I’ve been seeing gen watches with the chrono hand off centre lmaoo!!

johnlia

Renowned Member
23/1/17
Exactly. LOL. Its a $500 rep not a $10,000 Rolex. LOL. My god this hobby is getting better by the leaps and bounds and people pic on dust and small micro marks. If I was paying $10,000 for a Rolex, I would agree. Perfect is expected. But a $500 rep I am good with this hulk. I can't wait to compare it to the real deal. I am hoping it is the best out there. I have never seen on stand to a side by side.

I’ve been handling gen watches with the chrono hand off centre lmaoo!!

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
I am doing the same thing. I am getting this to do a comparison and dissect the watch. I have a V9 noob in parts in my shop and a ARF 116610LN 3135 in parts in my shop and now will have the VRF 116610LV 3135 in the shop. I am trying to see the best combo and was looking to review and raffle the ARF one but it was not what it was cracked up to be so I just took it apart.

On the VRF I would like to review it and look at the movement and see if the date wheel problem with the SH3135 is taken care of and also the date flipping problem is handled also. Also if it is a 1 to 1 with a Rolex 3135 like Yuki, SH3135 are.

I also like the case. Looks good. I want to see how a real 97200 fits and how a ARF 97200 or a Noob 97200 all look and fit.

I also want to see if a real crystal and bezel will fit. Here is a big one...... If I can put in a real tube with out having to counter sink. I think not but I want to see it. I got tracking so I should have it next week.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Thanks so much for your posts and information! I can't wait to see the comparison photos with your gen!!!

Can you tell me... is the 910L bracelet on my ARF 2824 (mar ked E5N) the same bracelet on the new ARF 3135?

Also, I would imagine that this VR 3135 movement should fit in a V6S 3135 case, correct? Do you happen to know if the ARF bracelet reliably fits the V6S 3135 case, or is it hit or miss?

The 904 bracelet of the ARF 2824 was nice. I can't compare it because we raffled it here. I don't know if it is the same but the end link engraving is amazing on the new ARF. I would guess that they would be the same. I don't see them making a different one due to the movement of the watch.

Now the fitment of any bracelet depends on the head of the watch. I can tell you that, yes the ARF bracelet will fit the Noob V6S. The question is if the SEL will look good. That will all depend on the push pin holes and the push pins used.

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
Got it - thanks!

By the way, I was poking into the depths of the internet about the VR 3135 movement, and came across some pages which google translated for me (Japanese to English). The page was a series of exchanges between some people who seemed to be buyers from the manufacturers, they were discussing features of many watches, what they wanted, what was not not done correctly, etc. I came across several posts where someone was saying that they were pretty sure that the VR 3135 movement was made by the same manufacturer of the 4130 movement, and that it used the same Kif something or other as the gen...That all didn't mean much to me initially, since I am not a Daytona owner.... but then when I read up about that movement on RWI it seemed to have rave reviews! Hopefully that means that this 3135 will be a hit as well!!!

Last edited:

Wildcatfan

13/2/18
Got it - thanks!

By the way, I was poking into the depths of the internet about the VR 3135 movement, and came across some pages which google translated for me (Japanese to English). The page was a series of exchanges between some people who seemed to be buyers from the manufacturers, they were discussing features of many watches, what they wanted, what was not not done correctly, etc. I came across several posts where someone was saying that they were pretty sure that the VR 3135 movement was made by the same manufacturer of the 4130 movement, and that it used the same Kif something or other as the gen...That all didn't mean much to me initially, since I am not a Daytona owner.... but then when I read up about that movement on RWI it seemed to have rave reviews! Hopefully that means that this 3135 will be a hit as well!!!

That's pretty interesting. Do you have a link?

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
I am doing the same thing. I am getting this to do a comparison and dissect the watch.

On the VRF I would like to review it and look at the movement and see if the date wheel problem with the SH3135 is taken care of and also the date flipping problem is handled also. Also if it is a 1 to 1 with a Rolex 3135 like Yuki, SH3135 are.

I think I've checked your purchase progress on this more than I've ever checked any of my own purchases Rob :D

If you green light the movement I'll have a record 5 donor watches sitting there waiting for me to do something about them, oh well at least it will pay back the mod fees!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
That's pretty interesting. Do you have a link?

I don't have the link now, but I put the whole conversation into a Word document - here are some snippets from the conversation about the VRF (don't ask me which one, I can't tell from the convo), including a quote from the part that refers to the manufacturer of the VR 3135 movement...

Keep in mind it was translated by google from Japanese, so it is not an exact literal translation and there are parts that don't really make sense to read... So don't ask me what they mean, I have no idea - I am just putting out there for you to read and draw your own conclusions...

78: Cal.7743 [sage] Posted on: 20/09/26 (Wed) 22: 06: 02.57 ID: VNW + jfoi.net [10/11 times]
https://i.imgur.com/dT3z0vl.jpg

Wide forum of the forum, MAX's hulk has become better. We also reviewed the character version, change the typeface, the typeface of the date is also small and reviewed, it looks like the bezel is also reviewing the color. I want the bezel a bit more shiny though.

79: Cal.7743 [sage] Posted on: 20/09/26 (Wed) 22: 16: 03.96 ID: VNW + jfoi.net [11/11 times]
The bezel typeface is somewhat slender.
But from the initial release of VR it got much better.

121: Cal.7743 [sage] Posted on: 2018/10/23 (Tue) 01: 21: 41.12 ID: Azxcsd3w.net [1/1 times]
A clone of 3135, it is difficult to set accuracy.
In the same design as gen, it seems probably that there is not a little length because the tempe beard is made of different material.
gen originally has no regulation needle and it is free sprung, but clone 3135 has a bridge with a regulation needle so you can adjust it there, but if you make a mistake in the position of the whisker side even a little, you get an error with time grapher It is easy to draw.

Although it may be individual differences, it was all the same specification among four fingers.

122 : Cal.7743 [sage] Posted on: 2018/10/23 (Tue) 06: 09: 04.09 ID: bjsgKfmc.net [1/2 times]
https://imgur.com/a/mnWU2s3

Regarding SH3135, it is something that is planned to be transplanted as it is around the temp developed by SH4130. It looks like the material has changed.

123: Cal.7743 [sage] Posted on: 2018/10/23 (Tue) 06: 16: 34.03 ID: bjsgKfmc.net [2 times]

Kifshock is also the same as SH 4130.

140: Cal.7743 : 2018/10/26 (Friday) 17: 55: 03.19 ID: myC5y4kG.net https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/7196712-new-movement-vr3135

The thing predicted as a modified version of SH3135 before here is posted as a new 3135 by VRF order.

It seems to be making more carefully from SH.
The creator looks the same as the manufacturer of 4130 for the current n. It is around the temp (Kifushok is the same).

SH was a shabby ruby ​​where the DW was sent, but that part was also well built.

I'm looking forward to VRF.

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
and more comments about Noob V9 and VRF - again - you have to try and figure out what they are saying due to the weird translation!

Anyone care to hazard a guess what the writer is referring to when he uses "FF"? Sounds to me like they are pretty pleased with the VRF MAX hulk....

197 :
Cal.7743
2018/11/08 (Thursday) 21: 01: 07 ID:
>> 181
I have seen both things but V9 is closer to gen

The difficulty of V9
Strap only cheap material

Perfect for others
I do not know unless you have a good comparison with a level (I did not understand)
If you put on the stick, the metal of the index is just slightly longer than the error level
When the same light as the gen can be taken Index reflection is a bit strong
It is unchanged from gen as it is a high office and fluorescent light outside when it is not said that
Level that can be seen for the first time in a common room with low ceiling and often seen and told

ARF difficulty
Shape situation Because there is a slight incompatibility feeling it is likely to fall out if it is common with gen holding

Strap is firmly different from V9

201 :
Cal.7743
2018/11/9 (Fri) 00: 42: 06 ID:
Sub thinks that VRF is the best now personally. (MAX)
I have n and arf, but bezel, dial, FF When you look at it comprehensively.

213 :
Cal.7743
2018/11/9 (Fri) 16: 04: 16 ID:
VRFMAX has a thin dial print color, instantaneous moment I saw it

230 :
Cal.7743
2018/11/9 (Fri) 22: 42: 31 ID:
I have a gen, but now it's a thin dial print like VRFMAX.
Of course, Hulk!

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
Here are some comments about the 904L vs 316 bracelets:

134 :
Cal.7743
2018/11/5 (Monday) 23: 32: 40 ID:
>> 133
I like the ARF submariner
904 L is for sale

135 :
Cal.7743
2018/11/05 (Monday) 23: 36: 53 ID:
>> 134
Is 904 stainless steel completely different from 316?
I never bought a product using 904.

136 :
Cal.7743
2018/11/05 (Monday) 23: 41: 52 ID:
>> 135
Honestly I do not know the difference at all
But the same material as genuine is glittering because of superiority and prejudice

137 :
Cal.7743
2018/11/5 (Monday) 23: 46: 04 ID:
>> 136
I see. Indeed it seems that attachment will also increase with just saying the same material as the real one. I'm pushing Rolex itself 904

The way I am interpreting this, and I may be way off, is that even they can't tell much of a difference between 904L and 316, but because 904L is the same material as in a gen, it "glitters" more to buyers because they have a prejudice to buy more "gen" like components - and so the buyers' interest ("attachment") increases by just saying it's more gen-like! So they "push" that detail in sales...

But that's just my take....

Reactions: tech

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
Sorry, my apologies - I didn't mean to digress that much from OP! Just thought it was interesting to read.

I am anticipating the dissection of the VRF 3135 and the OPs thoughts! Thank you for doing that!!!!

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Its ok. I am looking for the best case and the best rep movement.

I have two 6 dig. personal watches. I have my hulk which is 100% Rolex. Then I have my 116610LN that is all rolex but mid case. I am always looking for the perfect mid case. So a Rolex spec 904 with proper engraving and notch for the 3135 movement is catching my eye.

I also love the 3135. I have played around with it for years now. Since Yuki. So to have a 3135 that has a well running calendar system and a better balance shock system is another thing that is making me excited.

I have a ton of parts between bracelets and movements and dials at this point. So I need another 6 dig sub like I need a hole in the head. LOL. But really this sub will be the first hulk rep that I am excited about. Noob and ARF have not come close when compared to a real one. I am hoping I am wrong. Never the less. The dial and bezel will be just put in the parts draw. The movement and case are what I am after if they are worth it.

This is the first Hulk watch I am looking forward to seeing in years. It looks great in QC pics. But lighting and angles do wonders on reps. I want a side to side comparison.