• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New SUB VRF

stu00a

Renowned Member
Supporter
30/12/10
USA
What about VRF bracelet on Noob or ARF or even Gen case?

I thought VRF beacelet looked pretty decent in terms of clasp quality and links.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
It could have been worse - at least there's no pubes in the movement - LOL!!!

One last thing. Don't forget that this is just fun for me. I LOVE the leaps and bounds this hobby is doing with Rolex sports lines. I own 4 real ones. Ask me if I wear them? LOL. 2 store brought are in my safe and 2 that I built are in my winders. I wear my 116610LN which is all rolex but mid case and my 16610LV all rolex but mid case, mostly every day. I have 3 other crazy builds that I rotate.

For me I love the sport of this hobby. In my shop I have a ARF116610LN 3135, Noob V9 116610LN 3135 and now a VRF 116610LV all in parts. I can build a killer watch with all their parts. Never the less the fact that all three of these are so close to the real deal, I am amazed.

Enjoy your LV. Let me know about your movement. Also check it when you get it. Mine is very low AMP. Im sure it just needs a nice cleaning.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
What about VRF bracelet on Noob or ARF or even Gen case?

I thought VRF beacelet looked pretty decent in terms of clasp quality and links.

Looks wise yes. Size wise no. The end link will be too small for a real case or an ARF or Noob. When I tried the noob and the ARF 97200 it wouldn't fit the VRF case. Now its just a little bit larger but in metal .1 is too much. I am sure I can get that fixed and make it work with any bracelet. But you cant add metal to the VRF to fill the gaps.

I just had a brain fart. LOL. I do have a noob and ARF 904 3135 case down in my shop. I can put the VRF band on them to see how it will look. I think it will have a gap just do to the fact that my real band fits the noob perfectly and the ARF does too but they don't fit the VRF case because they are too big. But I will do it. Heck I will do it right now. If I wake up my daughter I am a dead man....LOL.

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
occb2 whoa! thanks for your input! what a bummer, we were all hoping for something revolutionary! welp, let's hope they fix the date change thing in the next versions (and maybe the colors that are quite off next to gen)

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
occb2

Many thanks for your effort of this detailed review! Very interesting!

So I won‘t pull the trigger on this watch. I will stick with my modded VRF Max for the next time.

It‘s always the same with these Rolex clone movements. Quality is shitty IMOP. Only need to compare the parts with the real ones. And on this watch I can see a scratch in the surface of one reversing wheel. New movement... These movements are too expensive to get them working like they should.

Overall look isn’t bad of this Hulk. But the same thing with SELs like on the Max. That sucks.

Still having in mind using a good 904 case with correct crown position and throw a reliable eta into it. This could be my next project. But unfortunately there is no perfect case on the market which is checking all boxes.

Good luck while servicing this VR3135.

Greets Andi

Last edited:

stu00a

Renowned Member
Supporter
30/12/10
USA
Looks wise yes. Size wise no. The end link will be too small for a real case or an ARF or Noob. When I tried the noob and the ARF 97200 it wouldn't fit the VRF case. Now its just a little bit larger but in metal .1 is too much. I am sure I can get that fixed and make it work with any bracelet. But you cant add metal to the VRF to fill the gaps.

I just had a brain fart. LOL. I do have a noob and ARF 904 3135 case down in my shop. I can put the VRF band on them to see how it will look. I think it will have a gap just do to the fact that my real band fits the noob perfectly and the ARF does too but they don't fit the VRF case because they are too big. But I will do it. Heck I will do it right now. If I wake up my daughter I am a dead man....LOL.

Looking forward to it!!!

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Sorry for the dust. This watch has been sitting since the V9 came out. LOL. But here is the VRF band on the noob.

jgaWd.md.jpg

jgto2.md.jpg

On the new ARF 116610LN 904 3135

jgohp.md.jpg

jgFoD.md.jpg

Reactions: vcappp and stu00a

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Here are a few pics of measurements.

ARF CASE

jiknI.md.jpg

VRF case

jiCw0.md.jpg

Here lies the problem. This is why the ARF/NOOB/Rolex band will not fit and why they are too big.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Just to clear the air a little. When I posted in RED CAPS do not buy the VRF 116610LV 3135 that was me talking as a Hulk owner. There was a lot of hype about this watch. The pics looked amazing too. The platinum looked really good. The bezel color looked good. The dial looked great. Then I got it today. First thing I did was test the date flip and if I could quickset it. The date flipped 1/3 of the way then between 12 and 3 it slowly started to changed. I tried again and same thing. At 1205 I tired to quick set and it worked like a charm.

Then that aside I put it next to my hulk. Not even close. Although pictures really do not do it justice, the hulk is a breath taking watch. The dial is freaking amazing. This was the first picture I took with both of them side to side.

jilde.md.jpg

They are different. Now in darker rooms that dial on the real one will be black. The VRF will be darker but you will be able to see green. Also the insert is a darker green and the engraving, while platinum, is whiter then the real deal. The crystal is great the date wheel is great. Lots of pluses for this watch. If the VR3135 was working well this watch is great to get in a LN. With a little case work it would be a keeper.

Good night. I will chime back in later in the AM. Its 2 am here and I need to get to bed. Ask away and I will answer later.

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
Sounds good! Thanks for giving the feedback to the TD, too - hopefully they will listen and improve.

Sorry to sound ignorant, but what is quickset and how does one do it?

Reactions: Midnightx

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Quickset is the changing of the day on the watch. Example. Non quickset is when you have to go through 24 hours with the hands to change date. Quickset is when you put the crown in a position where you can just turn it and the date changes.

Adrenix

5/12/18
I guess I have to ask then what is your opinion on an OOTB version of both LN and Hulk and which factory? I am after one of each and was set on the ARF LN and the VRF Hulk and would ideally like to wear it problem free, but without glaring issues. I think the DW is one of the obvious spots in some models but I have never seen a Hulk in the flesh and the QC photos upthread looked amazing to me. I think putting the 2 side to side is for the true enthusiast and noone I know would ever spot it.

I could live without a perfect midnight datechange as I am rarely awake at that time anyway.

I guess I could spare a small amount of funds for a movement service but ideally I want to put money into a really nice Daytona build which I am saving up for at the moment.

I keep reading horror stories about reliability of the 3135 clone movements so you're better off with the ETA - which points me to ARF, but the DW is dreadful in some cases.

I feel that the 'which factory' thread needs an overhaul and to be condensed!

It feels like your post has left me scratching my head more!

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Oh shit rob that's such a shame it looked really good initially.the sel was the main issue for me as the vrf sel is not recessed correctly. So I thought arf braclett would cure the issue.but having to mod a braclett to fit the vrf case is a no no for me.the distance from lug to lug being wrong sucks.the dial looks good even if it's not period.but seeing it next to gen it's too bright .as for the insert it looked amazing in the initial pics where a someone (td I think) put a pic of the gen insert next to the rep. But they probbly tried to manipulate the light to make it look closer so we all run out and buy.the movement defo seems interesting .would it take a gen balance?
anyway thanks for spending the money and time to show us this vrf in detail

Ps having tge movement cut out id a good move for vrf aswell.noob need to bring that back from the v6s

Last edited:

bac14070596

Known Member
21/3/18
United Kingdom
Thanks for the support love this Forum was about to order a VRF aswell might stick with an ARF 2824 for now

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Reactions: occb2

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Just to clear the air a little. When I posted in RED CAPS do not buy the VRF 116610LV 3135 that was me talking as a Hulk owner. There was a lot of hype about this watch. The pics looked amazing too. The platinum looked really good. The bezel color looked good. The dial looked great. Then I got it today. First thing I did was test the date flip and if I could quickset it. The date flipped 1/3 of the way then between 12 and 3 it slowly started to changed. I tried again and same thing. At 1205 I tired to quick set and it worked like a charm.

Then that aside I put it next to my hulk. Not even close. Although pictures really do not do it justice, the hulk is a breath taking watch. The dial is freaking amazing. This was the first picture I took with both of them side to side.

jilde.md.jpg

They are different. Now in darker rooms that dial on the real one will be black. The VRF will be darker but you will be able to see green. Also the insert is a darker green and the engraving, while platinum, is whiter then the real deal. The crystal is great the date wheel is great. Lots of pluses for this watch. If the VR3135 was working well this watch is great to get in a LN. With a little case work it would be a keeper.

Good night. I will chime back in later in the AM. Its 2 am here and I need to get to bed. Ask away and I will answer later.

This pic says it all .The gen green is insane.as for the vrf mid case it looks very good.maybe the lug tip angle is a tiny bit too much.and the cg are a tiny bit too big not noticable for 99 percent .but the case itself would have been perfect enough if we could fit gen braclett or arf etc to get the perfect sel.poor sel just kills it .as for the Rehaut serial they really need to change it.haveing the same serial on all watches is a joke to me.and could be fixed so easily

Reactions: occb2

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I sure hope this VR 3135 movement is good. I am massively disappointed in the SA3135 movements. I got two watches recently from forum members, one cost over 2K and was from a builder who is "known" for his builds. After only a couple of weeks, it started to fail - first the autowind quit working, now as of today I can't wind the watch

I have a Sub with a gen 3135 movement coming my way soon and I swear, if it fails, I give up.

Meanwhile, my VRF 2836 and ARF 2824 are running beautifully!!

Sorry to hear about this. I have steered clear of superclones for this very reason but I pay pretty close attention to posts like this. Having spent what you did on a couple watches with now bad movements, you might want to consider replacing those movements with a good quality SH3135. I've seen this one recommended by knowledgeable modders. Its a 1:1 swap in the case, might have to change the DW if yours is better.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wrist-watch...i/123348171782

Last edited:

the massakretor

23/8/13
I am reading this thread very carefully.

I am a bit anal about SEL (don't worry about the green too much). I opted out noob for this exact reason, ARF lovely SEL but the short and fat lugs make it a bit funny for me.

The VRF hulk has lovely colors, the SELs are just a tad funny, but I am not sure since there aren't many pictures around for me to make up my mind. And 358$ (I never buy clone movements) looks a deal, compared to 500$ arf and noob.

Would you suggest it, to wear OTB? Even with that SELs?

Inviato dal mio LM-G710 utilizzando Tapatalk