• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116610LV date changing problem

SatanSanders

Horology Curious
24/7/13
Hello everyone,

I just received an ARF 116610lv and looks great, but there's an issue with the date and wanted to ask you if that's normal.

When changing the time with the crown, the date changes perfectly but when the watch is functioning normally it may takes up to 8 hours to change completely.
The date changes perfectly With a snap within 5 minutes from 12 on only if I change the date with the crown, or if I use the crown to make the minutes hand go over 12. The date then changes perfectly with a snap and sits right in the middle.

The problem comes while using the watch normally, you expect the date to change near 12 with a minor movement and then a snap as when moving the minutes hand with the crown but, about 60% of the time, in some way it appears to not have the strength to do the change and moves slowly. After half an hour the date has not changed and after several hours the date still won't come completely straight but it's somewhat crooked.

This might be related to the issue: when changing the date with the crown, feels great from the 1st to the 25th approximately. From then (26-31), changing the date gives turning the crown a kinda rough feeling, and the date wheel doesn't snap (but does change).
Also, if the date is halfway changing and y pull the crown and advance just one minute the minutes hand, the date will immediately position correctly.

Is that acceptable? Normal? Might my local watchsmith be able to adjust it or I have to return it to the AD ASAP?

Pictures here
https://imgur.com/a/4X6U2h6

Thank you!

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
Take off hands and dial. Try everything you described. When it works normally without dial there‘s not enough space between dial and DWO. or the DWO is not evenly glued onto the datedisc.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

SatanSanders

Horology Curious
24/7/13
Take off hands and dial. Try everything you described. When it works normally without dial there‘s not enough space between dial and DWO. or the DWO is not evenly glued onto the datedisc.

Thanks for your reply! If so, do you think it's an easy fix and my watchsmith could fix it easily or should I return the watch to my TD? It would mean waiting for three more months but ARF would fix it for free since we are within warranty time.
What would you recommend?

Thank you!

SatanSanders

Horology Curious
24/7/13
Seems there is friction from the dail as Smpfan said...Dailspacer present?

Thanks for your reply! I have not opened the watch yet. Do you think this could be easily fixed by my watchsmith or should I send it back to my TD to get it fixed by ARF since we are within warranty time?

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
Take it to a local rep friendly watchsmith. Should be no problem to fix this for him.
Sending it back will result in waiting for much time.

Reactions: SatanSanders

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
Yes it sounds like the datewheel is rubbing on the bottom of the dial and dragging. I bet if you even loosen the movement clamps just a little you will find that it might click over normally. That will def telll you that utsnrubbing on the dial. The wheel could even be bent slightly which is causing it to rub harder on those days you mentioned. You will need to pull it apart to figure it out.

timto1388

16/10/16
United Kingdom
Yes it sounds like the datewheel is rubbing on the bottom of the dial and dragging. I bet if you even loosen the movement clamps just a little you will find that it might click over normally. That will def telll you that utsnrubbing on the dial. The wheel could even be bent slightly which is causing it to rub harder on those days you mentioned. You will need to pull it apart to figure it out.

Correct answer !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk