• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Few weeks with my 116234 by ARF

Maru

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/11/18
Hey guys,

So, I have briefly decided to share my opinion of my Rolex DateJust 116234 by ARF after owning it for a few weeks.

Firstly, I'd like to mention that this is my first rep, so purchasing it was a bit nerve wrecking. However, I'm glad I purchased it from Toro. I made a request to have mine with a Jubilee bracelet, even though the Jubilee wasn't listed on his site and he came through for me.

I went through the payment gateway on his site and it took about 5 days or so for my funds to be confirmed as going through. Then they sent me QC pics within 3-5 days after that. Shipping took another 3 weeks I believe. My advice to anyone making their first purchase is to just be patient.

Now to the watch. I can say that I LOVE the quality of this watch! So much so, that I'm considering getting it in the silver variety too. It's comfortable, not too heavy. The Jubilee bracelet is everything I dreamed it would be. The 33mm size is perfect on my 6inch wrist. The polish and sparkle of the 904L still and rhodium fluted bezel is stunning, especially at dusk. It keeps very very accurate time and the date flips at 12:01 just like I wanted.

Does the date-wheel bother me? Sometimes, I'm not going to lie. I wouldn't mind getting it changed, only because I really dig the red numbers in the roulette wheel. It honestly doesn't have anything to do with the font size at all. If it wasn't for that I could very easily overlook it because the stock date wheel doesn't look bad in person. Plus, it's such a minor difference that a layman wouldn't even know. However, if anyone knows someone who is trusted that can change it for me at a reasonable rate, please let me know....?

One thing I was unsure of before wearing the watch was if people were going to ask me "Is it real?" That hasn't happened and actually no one has even mentioned the fact that I'm wearing a Rolex at all. I do however notice people looking at it all the time, multiple times, but only one person has actually said anything about it at all. A women I work with said "nice watch" and looked up close for about 10 seconds before saying "that's nice". I could tell she genuinely liked it. I left it at a simple "thank you" before she mentioned wanting to purchase a watch for her boyfriend. Then the conversation went in a different direction where we were talking about nice but affordable pieces.

Anyway, all-in-all I'm really happy with this time piece. I'm curious about the silver/champagne looking one though haha. I can't help but wonder if I'll like the color better.

Pictures below...

DirtyArty

13/12/18
My eye is set on the Datejust 41 126334 ARF A2328 movement gray dial with the oyster bracelet. Can you please post a picture from the top and the Rolex writing on the inside rehuat?

Maru

27/11/18
My eye is set on the Datejust 41 126334 ARF A2328 movement gray dial with the oyster bracelet. Can you please post a picture from the top and the Rolex writing on the inside rehuat?

This one is 36, not 33mm which I mistakenly stated above. If the larger one is this good or better(meaning better dw), I highly recommend it.

Let me know if these photos are good, if not I'll take better ones tomorrow for you.

The rehaut etching is very well done. There is a really nice sun burst effect as well. In person you can see a difference in the fluted bezel vs the stainless steel casing. It's just nice man. Period...

Last edited:

Genera74

29/12/14
Looks nice mate, fits your wrist well :)

Thanks for the review. How is the bezel? Have you been able to see or compare with gen bezel? My colleague has a gen bezel and it sparkles under the light - just not sure how this watch will hold up.

Thanks!

DirtyArty

13/12/18
Can anyone chime in on this, does the work Rolex Rolex have to align to the dial markers to each individual letter?

Maru

27/11/18
Looks nice mate, fits your wrist well :)

Thanks for the review. How is the bezel? Have you been able to see or compare with gen bezel? My colleague has a gen bezel and it sparkles under the light - just not sure how this watch will hold up.

Thanks!

The bezel is great and definitely sparkles under the light. I don't know what it is about when the sun is going down, but it's when the shining and glimmer of the watch really stands out. Maybe it's the contrast of it starting to get dark, but I stare at it like a weirdo because it looks so good haha...

Reactions: Genera74

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Can anyone chime in on this, does the work Rolex Rolex have to align to the dial markers to each individual letter?

On a perfectly engraved rehaut, the following would exist:

The crown centered at 12

On the right side of the dial:
'R' aligned at 1,6,11,16,21
'X' aligned at 5,10,15,20,25

Between 25 and 35, centered serial number

On the left side of the dial:
'R' aligned at 35,40,45,50,55
'X' aligned at 39,44 49,54,59

The letters between 'R' and 'X' would also align to their respective minute markers between the hour markers.

Reactions: Maru

Maru

27/11/18
On a perfectly engraved rehaut, the following would exist:

The crown centered at 12

On the right side of the dial:
'R' aligned at 1,6,11,16,21
'X' aligned at 5,10,15,20,25

Between 25 and 35, centered serial number

On the left side of the dial:
'R' aligned at 35,40,45,50,55
'X' aligned at 39,44 49,54,59

The letters between 'R' and 'X' would also align to their respective minute markers between the hour markers.

That is exactly how mine mine is engraved, meaning they were dead on with this clone.

Reactions: KJ2020

Hakro

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
16/5/15
That’s a nice looking piece, thought about getting one for my wife since KS has some in the EU right now, but what I‘m concerned of is the size.
For a 36mm it looks quite big from your pictures, may I ask what wrist size you have?

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Is it V2 version from ARF?
The blue color is like V1 version?

onewatch2018

Renowned Member
19/4/18
Woohoo!
c0853b71b931dff5b59d6556f6f6f1e9.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Maru

27/11/18
That’s a nice looking piece, thought about getting one for my wife since KS has some in the EU right now, but what I‘m concerned of is the size.
For a 36mm it looks quite big from your pictures, may I ask what wrist size you have?

My wrist is 6 inches. My girls wrist is a tiny bit smaller, but not by much and she said it's too big for her. Apparently the trend is for women to wear big watches, but she doesn't sway with trends. I'm currently trying to find her a 28mm Rolex, but there isn't much info on them on the forum.