• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is there a decent 1019 Milgauss rep out there?

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
HA oh NOW you tell me about the ETA 2650 I sourced a Sandoz Movement that had a closer hand size to gen so very little broaching is needed.

Just checked and the eta 2650 is 1.20 x 70 x .20 you would need to broach the min and hour hand

gen is 80/130/20

The Sandors cal 1336 is 1.30 x 0.90 x 0.20mm just need to broach the hour hand. I was thinking about the tudors and their hand size but somehow it slipped out of my mind. I was lucky enought to find a NOS Sandors for 20.00 as long as it runs well it should be a win.

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&0&2uswk&AS_1336

I have been toying with this idea for while using a similar ETA 2670 (highbeat version of the 2650) with my gen Rolex 14270 dial so that i don't have to cut when i could drill holes onto a bigger movement ring. But I didn't proceed because i was worried about broaching hands and gen 1570 luminova hands were still quite pricey. I figured I rather save the hassle and go Yuki so that I can reuse nice JF sub hands with a gen second hand

ETA 2650 is an excellent movement for franken vintage Rolex (without dates) because it should theoretically allow gen dial to be installed without cutting the dial feet - if dial feet holes are drilling into the bigger movement ring

ETA 2650 watches can be bought for cheap and used as your backup plan!

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
Is the Phong case good as is for the 1019?

It is closer than anything else offered out there. But iirc. It's NLA. I inquired while I was going through the dial size fiasco. Or was that Yuki. It was months ago. I found the case I have to be pretty close. It's slightly larger but I have big wrists and would rather have bigger than smaller. A 36mm would be an easy tell

Some say the gen is 37. Others 38. I guess it depends how much polishing it has endured. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peyups

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
18/2/08
Well if your case isn't close to the gen you can always "argue" that it endured a lot of polishing thru the years as its a vintage timepiece. :p