• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is there a decent 1019 Milgauss rep out there?

LHOOQ

I'm Pretty Popular
4/4/09
There aren't any great 1019 reps as far as accuracy goes, but there are a few decent ones. At the $100 range, Narikaa's is probably the best bet. At ~$250, the Milgauss at Trusty Time (not a trusted dealer here) is good. The rep you linked to is OK for $83, but here are the main problems:

-36mm diameter; gen is 37mm
-standard Datejust hour/minute hands, rather than the bullet-shaped hands on the gen
-6mm crown; gen has a 5.3mm
-shallow Datejust caseback

The problem with all 1019 reps cheaper than $400 is that they use the standard 36mm rep Datejust case. It may look close enough to a 1019 from afar, but the gen has a very different case from anything else Rolex made. The MBK 1019 has flat sides and a bigger case, but it's hard to find and has a whole new set of inaccuracies to worry about.

Once you get to the high end (i.e. >$1000), you're still not guaranteed a good 1019 rep for your money. Both Yukiwatch and jewelryandwatch.com sell very inaccurate 1019 cases. If you want to go all-out, you might want to look at NDTrading for a good replacement case. However, we're probably talking about a ~$1500 build at this point.

Reactions: Tmape8

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
LHOOQ has summed it up perfectly. I've looked into it at depth as well and conclusions are that for absolute accuracy NDT sells the best case out of all the ones available but it's very very expensive.

I think Perfect Clones sells a version as well btw.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Is it just me or is that rehaut on that incredibly wokky?

greg325i

Renowned Member
29/4/10
Siilx's looks pretty good (not that I know my vintage Rolexes enough to actually tell). Too bad it's not white-dialed. So far, I know to look at the markers (many don't have the markers lined up tight against the rehaut), and the hands (no DJ hands), and of course whether the case has drilled lugs.

Since these are not in such high demand as subs, I know that there will be more flaws, but there is still a threshold that I'd like the watch to clear. The one that I linked to in the first post seems ok, except for: the DJ hands, that it's 21J (not a fan, personally), and the bracelet seems off. The dial looks good though.

Oh well, back to learning. Trying to learn about Exp 1655 now too. Vintage is HARD!!!

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
You're better with the low beat 21j on a vintage rep. Firstly it's closer to gen hand speed in the order models (21,600 on the 21j and 19,800 i think for gen).

Secondly they are absolute beaters and cheap as chips to replace if you need to.

LHOOQ

I'm Pretty Popular
4/4/09
I like the Silix one, too. Considering the amount of metal surrounding the dial on the gen 1019, the wokky rehaut on the rep is forgivable. I think the Silix Milgauss is similar to the one sold by Trusty Time or Perfect Clones, though those dealers also list the brushed silver (not white) dial.

Regarding the mvwatches and Silix 1019s, there were a few other flaws I forgot to mention:
-Rounded case sides, rather than flat. (Again, these are standard DJ cases.)
-No lugholes.

There's one more source: WatchEden. What's neat about WE's 1019 is that it may be the only vintage Milgauss rep featuring blackout hour markers and hands. (That's a feature on some gens, commonly associated with CERN.) Also, the case has lugholes. Unfortunately, it's expensive at $285, and the dial looks worse than the cartel's.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Just gonna drop this here to remind us all why anyone would want to rep this watch.

:drool:

gHZ2M.jpg

jmUDZ.jpg

kPPDy.jpg

dtJiR.jpg

5d1SB.jpg

J!m1

Renowned Member
6/6/14
Connecticut
I'm looking for 1019 hands- the tapered ones similar to the Tudor Monte Carlo, to use on a Turor Monte Carlo.

ill buy an entire watch it I need to. I think those hands might be better than what we get from the usual suspects for the MC. Conversely, if you are doing a 1019 rep, the MC rep hands might work for your project.

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
Just want to bump this up as I am looking for a 1019 with white dial and preferably a rail dial with lume. The copy rolex one linked above looks pretty good anyone pull the trigger? I am going to send Lucy an email and see if she can source one.

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
Just want to bump this up as I am looking for a 1019 with white dial and preferably a rail dial with lume. The copy rolex one linked above looks pretty good anyone pull the trigger? I am going to send Lucy an email and see if she can source one.

any luck with this finding a good 1019 base?

I have been thinking of doing a 1019 minor franken for such a long time, but the case inaccuracies and unavailability of the rep watch has turned me away

it seems like trevor still sells the 1019 but emails aren't responded at the moment. Also, the case looks to be a 36mm case (i.e. narrow lugs and narrow bezel like a datejust)

https://forum.replica-watch.info/th...ustralia-stock-list-next-day-delivery.231083/
image.png

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
@pompompurin

No, there are no reps even close being offered.
The one you posted is 36mm dial is closeish but hands are wrong, bezel is wrong

The only one that has ever been offered that was close is was from perfect clones but has been discontinued years ago. but as you will notice the Milgauss is too small on the dial so I started to build my own

View attachment 86312 View attachment 86313View attachment 86312

View attachment 86313

I had to start building mine...from scratch.

Here is my build thread at rwg https://rwg.cc/topic/188348-the-noob-and-his-rolex-build/?tab=comments#comment-1502622

I originally started off with a 1655 case and shaved the crown guards and was either gonna go 6542 or 1019 and as I found out the 6542 was the "easier build" and completed that build first ...

The only Milguass dial and handset are the yuki but its 29.2 mm and to fit gen movement along with the hands. so would not fit the cartel case and hands would not fit eta or dg movement without broaching and even then its too much of a change...

I have gathered up all the parts required for my 1019 Miilguass build and they have been sent off to France to Yodog to complete the build.

I felt that attempting to broach the hand is outside of my pay grade and didn't want to mess it up. He even felt that it may be a challenge for him so I wouldn't have even stood a chance lol

Fingers Crossed I will update this thread as well once he receives it and get a chance to dig in.

This is as far as I got with the case and bezel Case and crystal are a 6538 with with machine work and a custom JMB Bezel. A year and a half ago I wanted a smooth bezel 6541 aka the Bobby Allison so in the meantime I build that ...and it lasted a weekend. I finished the assembly..and then noticed the minutes hand started slipping 2 days later ...took it apart to fix it and in doing so broke off the seconds hand pinion into the seconds hand , rendering the hand and movement garbage lol....at least I got to take a few cool pics and wear it for a few days before destroying it lol

I View attachment 86325
Bobbly Allison's 6541 View attachment 86327
View attachment 86328

pompompurin

Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
@pompompurin

No, there are no reps even close being offered.
The one you posted is 36mm dial is closeish but hands are wrong, bezel is wrong

The only one that has ever been offered that was close is was from perfect clones but has been discontinued years ago. but as you will notice the Milgauss is too small on the dial so I started to build my own

View attachment 86312 View attachment 86313View attachment 86312

View attachment 86313

I had to start building mine...from scratch.

Here is my build thread at rwg https://rwg.cc/topic/188348-the-noob-and-his-rolex-build/?tab=comments#comment-1502622

I originally started off with a 1655 case and shaved the crown guards and was either gonna go 6542 or 1019 and as I found out the 6542 was the "easier build" and completed that build first ...

The only Milguass dial and handset are the yuki but its 29.2 mm and to fit gen movement along with the hands. so would not fit the cartel case and hands would not fit eta or dg movement without broaching and even then its too much of a change...

I have gathered up all the parts required for my 1019 Miilguass build and they have been sent off to France to Yodog to complete the build.

I felt that attempting to broach the hand is outside of my pay grade and didn't want to mess it up. He even felt that it may be a challenge for him so I wouldn't have even stood a chance lol

Fingers Crossed I will update this thread as well once he receives it and get a chance to dig in.

This is as far as I got with the case and bezel Case and crystal are a 6538 with with machine work and a custom JMB Bezel. A year and a half ago I wanted a smooth bezel 6541 aka the Bobby Allison so in the meantime I build that ...and it lasted a weekend. I finished the assembly..and then noticed the minutes hand started slipping 2 days later ...took it apart to fix it and in doing so broke off the seconds hand pinion into the seconds hand , rendering the hand and movement garbage lol....at least I got to take a few cool pics and wear it for a few days before destroying it lol

I View attachment 86325
Bobbly Allison's 6541 View attachment 86327
View attachment 86328

WOW that was an interesting read! I enjoyed reading your RWG thread on the updates and this is way harder than what i anticipated

looks like the 1019 is way too much more work than what i have anticipated. Damn because I love the 1019's bigger size and it has that vintage timeless look to it

also, if yuki 1019 hands are made for gen 15xx rolex movement, you can consider using a smaller ETA 2650 movement because they take the same size of gen 15xx hands (except for the minute hand which is like 0.1mm off or sth close - requires minor mod), and the 2650 movement is lowbeat without date complication

pompompurin

Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
1530/1570 hand sizes = 80/120/20

eta 2650 hand sizes = 70/120/20
http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&2&2uswk&ETA_2650

ETA 2650 watches can go for pretty cheap on ebay (in working state as well). But a machined movement ring will be needed and you might have to double check to see if there is enough height for the stem alignment (because it can affect how the high/low the hands sit on the dial - if it's too low then the hands won't pass those dial indices)

Reactions: 369mafia

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
WOW that was an interesting read! I enjoyed reading your RWG thread on the updates and this is way harder than what i anticipated

looks like the 1019 is way too much more work than what i have anticipated. Damn because I love the 1019's bigger size and it has that vintage timeless look to it

also, if yuki 1019 hands are made for gen 15xx rolex movement, you can consider using a smaller ETA 2650 movement because they take the same size of gen 15xx hands (except for the minute hand which is like 0.1mm off or sth close - requires minor mod), and the 2650 movement is lowbeat without date complication

HA oh NOW you tell me about the ETA 2650 I sourced a Sandoz Movement that had a closer hand size to gen so very little broaching is needed.

Just checked and the eta 2650 is 1.20 x 70 x .20 you would need to broach the min and hour hand

gen is 80/130/20

The Sandors cal 1336 is 1.30 x 0.90 x 0.20mm just need to broach the hour hand. I was thinking about the tudors and their hand size but somehow it slipped out of my mind. I was lucky enought to find a NOS Sandors for 20.00 as long as it runs well it should be a win.

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&0&2uswk&AS_1336