• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Noob Daytona V2 on Intime

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
No! Unless you see something that you think is wrong and want a second opinion otherwise you can't post your QC pics

j0n3s

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/11/15
Thanks for some input .. as this is my first time pulling trigger on this rep daytona and another datejust

blumebernburg

Looking Around
2/6/19
Hello,

I am quite new to this rep-topic but had some readings here in this forum about the noob Daytona and it‘s development over the different versions.
Very suprising to me is that even the movements improve with the ceramic noob Daytona. Since the reps comming closer and closer to the Gens how about the waterproof? Is it a naive question to ask since the reps are coming closer to the Gens than ever before and the waterproof comes along with the overall improvement of the watches? For example for the Daytona noob it is mentioned in the description >50m. Did somebody check if this noob can be rated like the gen with 100m? Or are the manufacturing tolerances of the noob Daytona still to big to expect a waterproof guarantee? Or is this a topic of no interest in the rep community as long as the rep Daytonas evolving the look and the movement in the direction to the gen and waterproof is not important at all?

Thank you and best regards Thomas

Last edited:

PolonusTM

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/5/10
Hello,

I am quite new to this rep-topic but had some readings here in this forum about the noob Daytona and it‘s development over the different versions.
Very suprising to me is that even the movements improve with the ceramic noob Daytona. Since the reps comming closer and closer to the Gens how about the waterproof? Is it a naive question to ask since the reps are coming closer to the Gens than ever before and the waterproof comes along with the overall improvement of the watches? For example for the Daytona noob it is mentioned in the description >50m. Did somebody check if this noob can be rated like the gen with 100m? Or are the manufacturing tolerances of the noob Daytona still to big to expect a waterproof guarantee? Or is this a topic of no interest in the rep community as long as the rep Daytonas evolving the look and the movement in the direction to the gen and waterproof is not important at all?

Thank you and best regards Thomas

I think the necessary know-how is definitely there - the main problem is the lack of quality control when it comes to assembling of reps. Accuracies & correct parts is one thing while "having luck" with correct assembly is another thing. Even in gen world you can see they DO test their watches against some water pressure to find out which ones are not "lucky ones" and to disassemble them and try to assembly one more time.

In case of rep production, there is no warranty, so they do skip this procedure and cut the cost. Sometimes workers on assembly line forget to add o-ring, sometimes the sapphire is not correctly pressed it... things happen.

As with other things in rep industry, they DO LISTEN to us, and - step by step - they try to deliver another level of service when they have to. Imagine there were times WITHOUT any QC photos while ordering ;) common demand introduced QC photos anyway.

These days to have full fun with reps you need to have a local friendly watch smith who will take care about any new rep you bought. Cleaning, oiling, proper reassembly, adding/replacing orings - and your'e good to go :)

BTW, 100m on Daytona is nothing spectacular; many times cheaper SEIKO's deal with 200m without any hassle....

Last edited:

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
Ordered my noob v2 from Angus 2 weeks ago and now received a message noob is ok vacation and to expect more delays??? Can anyone please confirm this? Are you receiving your daytona from other vendors?

bjorn2019

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/3/17
Ordered my noob v2 from Angus 2 weeks ago and now received a message noob is ok vacation and to expect more delays??? Can anyone please confirm this? Are you receiving your daytona from other vendors?

Just be patient
You will get it sooner or later

wkim8732

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
30/10/17
TW
finally got my v2 how i wanted it. sourced a oysterflex and used ebay endlinks. the steel braclet is nice but the oysterflex is comfortable with the easylink.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Hey there,

Could you PM the ebay link for those endlinks? I am looking to get a similar setup!

Thnaks buddy

whalejonah

6/4/19
Does anybody see a downside to using the endlinks attached to the noob oysterflex? I'm currently using those with leather straps instead of the rubber straps.

SKnight

8/7/19
Hello Gentlemen,

Just got my QC's for the 116519, seems like they have updated the bezel like they have for the 116500 V3. No more serif R!!

Also while I have your attention if some OG's could weigh in on the following;
1. The bezel alignment seems a tad off to me, i.e. the 240 and 120.
2. Also the markers at 6 and 9 seem slightly slanted.

Id appreciate the feedback.

Cheers

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Hello Gentlemen,

Just got my QC's for the 116519, seems like they have updated the bezel like they have for the 116500 V3. No more serif R!!

Also while I have your attention if some OG's could weigh in on the following;
1. The bezel alignment seems a tad off to me, i.e. the 240 and 120.
2. Also the markers at 6 and 9 seem slightly slanted.

Id appreciate the feedback.

- It is a new V3 Bezel
- The Bezel alignment is correct at the top 60 triangle.
- Any slant on the markers is very slight.

jsmith1990

Horology Curious
6/6/18
Hello I’m new here and am interested in buying a Daytona or another Chrono. But do the functions on the separate dials function the same as a gen when you press the buttons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Hello I’m new here and am interested in buying a Daytona or another Chrono. But do the functions on the separate dials function the same as a gen when you press the buttons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It depends which model you buy. Take the time to read about the models and factories

Sharki06

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/5/18
Oooohhh it seems they have fix the bezel on 116519 too ? Great news !
Weird that was not advertized on TD website yet