• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Noob Daytona V2 on Intime

iskillio

12/9/14
$700 for a fake chinese made watch come on people this isnt acceptable. Prices will keep going up if everyone continues to buy these, i think its terrible
Hahaha you guys are cheap ass complainers. If you can't afford a $700 watch you shouldn't be here. Hell would freeze over if you purchased a gen. Stop faking it till you make it if $700 isnt a lot for a CLONED Rolex movement, the investment on their end is huge. If you like you can buy a shitty 7750 version for $300

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
I put mine on a GEN Oysterflex strap and i'm loving it!
The noob strap comes really close - but the gen is a bit softer and more comfortable.

All i need now is a gen clasp with easylink.

OJ9Wf.jpg

slashdotcom1

Renowned Member
16/11/18
I put mine on a GEN Oysterflex strap and i'm loving it!
The noob strap comes really close - but the gen is a bit softer and more comfortable.

All i need now is a gen clasp with easylink.

OJ9Wf.jpg
I love mine and I don't think I ll change the strap.if you want a clasp with easy link ask some TD if he can find you a NOOB one. 116500 on the bracelet has a easy link clasp

Inviato dal mio SM-G930F utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: Itto

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
I love mine and I don't think I ll change the strap.if you want a clasp with easy link ask some TD if he can find you a NOOB one. 116500 on the bracelet has a easy link clasp

Inviato dal mio SM-G930F utilizzando Tapatalk

Thanks for the info! Will do.

Young&Free

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/11/18
Probably not, but It can be done with the 116500LN plus the oysterflex straps, though it might need different end links. See below photo of a gen with this setup.Looks sweet. Though I prefer the silver dial myself.

https://imgur.com/a/lljkUTS

[URL='https://imgur.com/a/lljkUTS'] https://imgur.com/a/lljkUTS
[/URL]

Yea this is the one I’m talking about. Most TD only sells ARF oysterflex straps. And I’ve read that the ARF straps don’t fit on a NOOB. Was hoping someone might have an idea on how to get one of this beauty

frankdux1987

Certified
27/8/18
Hahaha you guys are cheap ass complainers. If you can't afford a $700 watch you shouldn't be here. Hell would freeze over if you purchased a gen. Stop faking it till you make it if $700 isnt a lot for a CLONED Rolex movement, the investment on their end is huge. If you like you can buy a shitty 7750 version for $300

Cheap??? Hahahaha mate ive had more gens than u trust me. If you had had a gen you would agree $700 is disgusting for a fake watch

Reactions: vcappp

frankdux1987

Certified
27/8/18
It's a bit pricey, but as long as people keep buying them, the factories will keep pushing the prices up. But I must admit that they went way over what I ever wanted to spend on a rep, that's already a decent gen price territory ( I paid a bit more for a Seiko Tuna, you can get all sorts of Hamiltons, Edox,...,for this kinda money ).

The thing that really pisses me off is the fact that they charge 700$ and they don't even do it right. How the hell do you "forget" to put the Easylink into the bracelet?! It's essential with this type of bracelet, this is unacceptable. And I read the thread by efthimis about his issues with the bracelet..FFS, those are a cheapo rep problems and completely unacceptable on a 688$ rep. And they can't even get those bloody subdials right..

I'm begging to think that ARF and Noob are the same clique and they decided to put shitty dials into Noob Daytonas and then sell ARF dials and bezels to nitpicking freaks... A lovely little scheme.. ;)

Exactly mate. Arf cant even get a datefont correct after years come on

Micasol

I'm Pretty Popular
14/4/14
Cheap??? Hahahaha mate ive had more gens than u trust me. If you had had a gen you would agree $700 is disgusting for a fake watch

Sorry bro but really not agree with you, I have 4 gen Daytona’s, this noob 4130 clone movement is awesome after a good servicing and maybe some movements parts swapped by gen ones.
All of my Franken have the feeling and reliability of my gen Daytona’s. IMHO only for the movement this is a good watch to buy.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

frankdux1987

Certified
27/8/18
Sorry bro but really not agree with you, I have 4 gen Daytona’s, this noob 4130 clone movement is awesome after a good servicing and maybe some movements parts swapped by gen ones.
All of my Franken have the feeling and reliability of my gen Daytona’s. IMHO only for the movement this is a good watch to buy.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

'After a good service', 'frankens'. Im talking straight out of the box, $700 for a fake chinese watch that needs servicing then franken'ed to feel more real. How much will that cost in the end? Im not having arguments with everyone, im just saying these prices are a joke. You can get a real rolex for a few hundred more. Yes it wont be a 30k daytona but at least you will have the satisfaction of owning a real watch. Something the majority of these fake rolex 'experts' will never have

slashdotcom1

Renowned Member
16/11/18
'After a good service', 'frankens'. Im talking straight out of the box, $700 for a fake chinese watch that needs servicing then franken'ed to feel more real. How much will that cost in the end? Im not having arguments with everyone, im just saying these prices are a joke. You can get a real rolex for a few hundred more. Yes it wont be a 30k daytona but at least you will have the satisfaction of owning a real watch. Something the majority of these fake rolex 'experts' will never have

Hmm...point of view. So you buy a watch with cool chrono movement, sapphire crystal, ceramic bezel and actually the quality of this one is really good.(ok, no easy link, but i can survive without) . I would say that the price for a kind of watch is not bad. If you take it like that...you will be really satisfied with the product and i'm.
If you think that you are buying expensive fake watch so this is not the right place for you. I have gens in this price range and trust me the quality is not even close.

So how i said....point of view :) Guys...spend your money on things that make you happy. Gens or Reps...it's just a matter of personal choice. I will continue to buy gens and reps :) Be happy

mui.richard

Renowned Member
16/10/14
I bought the Noob 116500 early on and got my watch in May last year. It's been nothing but perfectly reliable and accurate to date with power reserve a plenty. And no I never had it serviced even though I asked my watchmaker to do that and he simply told me no...as it didn't need it.

And oh I only have 6 gen Rolex and 4 gen Tudor so I probably couldn't afford "the real thing"?

What I can't get my head wrapped around is how anyone would pay grey prices and line the pockets of money grabbing dealers for 100% over MSRP. But hey that's just me right?

Don't look at it as a replica Rolex, look at it as a brand new Chinese made column wheel, vertical clutch Chronograph in 904L steel, with COSC accuracy and 70 hr power reserve. There, $700 ain't bad isn't it?

As to getting a gen Rolex for a few hundred more? How few is a few? Even the cheapest, most banged up 6694 will run you close to 2k. So unless you have a Delorean that goes vroom at 88mph and could grab them when they were only a few hundred bucks brand new, it ain't gonna happen.

Btw, Noob is selling way more of these in other markets than those who hang around here thus there's a shortage ever since they became available. And guess what the local dealers here in HK are selling these for? USD765 a pop...and still they are in shortage.

So while you think $700 is a lot for a watch, Noob wouldn't give a damn as they are selling them faster than they can make them.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sjpadams

Known Member
14/1/19
For me, I have a gen Milgauss watch but I love so many Rolex variants that buying replica enables me to have and enjoy these options on my wrist. I can’t justify or even get or see some of the models that I see so some of these are $200-300 and 10 days away from owning. I have been scammed by one dealer but by enlarge I don’t regret it and my spend is nothing like it could have been! We all have different circumstances, affordability but we are bonded by our interest. I didn’t even realise you could ‘Franken’ a Daytona till now, so this may be a step too far as I am already $530 in on one but great to know.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

slashdotcom1

Renowned Member
16/11/18
I bought the Noob 116500 early on and got my watch in May last year. It's been nothing but perfectly reliable and accurate to date with power reserve a plenty. And no I never had it serviced even though I asked my watchmaker to do that and he simply told me no...as it didn't need it.

And oh I only have 6 gen Rolex and 4 gen Tudor so I probably couldn't afford "the real thing"?

What I can't get my head wrapped around is how anyone would pay grey prices and line the pockets of money grabbing dealers for 100% over MSRP. But hey that's just me right?

Don't look at it as a replica Rolex, look at it as a brand new Chinese made column wheel, vertical clutch Chronograph in 904L steel, with COSC accuracy and 70 hr power reserve. There, $700 ain't bad isn't it?

As to getting a gen Rolex for a few hundred more? How few is a few? Even the cheapest, most banged up 6694 will run you close to 2k. So unless you have a Delorean that goes vroom at 88mph and could grab them when they were only a few hundred bucks brand new, it ain't gonna happen.

Btw, Noob is selling way more of these in other markets than those who hang around here thus there's a shortage ever since they became available. And guess what the local dealers here in HK are selling these for? USD765 a pop...and still they are in shortage.

So while you think $700 is a lot for a watch, Noob wouldn't give a damn as they are selling them faster than they can make them.

u said it and i agree :) amen brother :)

mui.richard

Renowned Member
16/10/14
u said it and i agree :) amen brother :)
Thanks bro. Facts are facts and there's no denying it. I mean, on the market right now even a Speedmaster reduced automatic would easily ask for over 1.5k...and that's with a Dubois-Dépraz 2020 chronograph module on the ETA 2890 base movement. The cheapest real chronograph you can get today is probably one from the Seiko 6139/6138 family from the '70s. But those are dinosaurs with questionable reliability and service history, if any service was ever performed at all.

So yes, $700 sound "expensive"? for a rep but considering what movement it's got inside and what's available on the market I think it's actually quite fair.

watchdude2017

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/3/18
IRELAND

Agreed. It's all subjective when it comes to watches, whether rep or gen. My interest in watches has only started in the past year and Im still amazed at how much money people are willing to shell out on both gens or Franken reps. But the more time I spend on forums like this the more I realise that ultimately it comes down to whether you feel you've gotten value and enjoyment for your money.

In the case of this watch, Ive tried on the gen and as beautiful a watch as it I think it is, a price of 27k is crazy expensive but another person may look at the same watch and think it's a bargain for such a finely crafted timepiece. And if they can affoard it, I reckon go for it. On the other hand I think 700 for such a faithful recreation of that watch and its movement is good value for money given what you get, though others may not agree. Watches are alot like artwork in that respect.

Reactions: slashdotcom1

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Cheap??? Hahahaha mate ive had more gens than u trust me.

and how would you know that? Why would anyone trust you on a statement you don’t have the knowledge to make?

If you had had a gen you would agree $700 is disgusting for a fake watch

I think your idea of a fake watch is that they are only the things you buy on a beach in the Canaries. If this watch disgusts you then don’t buy it - it’s really simple.

Reactions: jakekrait