• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Rolex Cellini Moonphase

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Looks like it comes with curved springbars.

Ynagh.jpg

Reactions: johnlogan

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Easy way to interpret this type of moonphase display:

The moon decreases from full as the full moon indicator goes down from the 12 o'clock position.
Down = decrease

The moon increases to full as the full moon indicator goes up from the 6 o'clock position.
Up = increase.

​​​​​​​
Y07n3.jpg

Last edited:

nomana

Renowned Member
13/2/18
Wish there is a ss for real. I’m a guy who always scratch my watch somehow

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Looks like it comes with curved springbars.

Ynagh.jpg

As per GEN, as per MKF the bars are curved or they would scratch the leather against the case. Awaiting QCs! Hope this has same construction. Strap looks long as per GEN. MKF has size equal GEN Small Rolex ( special order )

Last edited:

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Someone should show noob how ROLEX is written on the dial, see it isn't that fucking difficult!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
It's hard to tell for certain, but from the pics and even more so in the video it looks like this moonphase rep crystal is flat and not domed like the gen. This would be a good thing IMO because the domed rep crystal on my Cellini time was a detractor. It caught light in odd ways and had unwanted color aberrations from refraction.

YiZVb.jpg

YgBk3.jpg

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Here's another way to visualize this type of moonphase indicator. Think of the index pointer as your position on the earth, with the sun at your back. As the full moon indicator rotates around the dial (relative to your position, the index pointer), the cone of light reaching the full moon indicator changes due to the earth's shadow (your position, the index pointer). What you see in the sky is only what is left in the cone of light.

The further away the full moon indicator moves from the index pointer, the smaller the cone of light.

The moon is shrinking DOWN from the RIGHT as the full moon indicator moves DOWN on the RIGHT dial side.

The moon is filling UP from the LEFT as the full moon indicator moves UP on the LEFT dial side.

Shrinking down or filling up how much? Proportional to how far down or up the full moon indicator is - 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and everywhere in between. It takes some learning but with practice soon we recognize that 1/2 down on the right dial side means the moon is 1/2 empty, right side gone. 3/4 of the way up the left dial side means the moon is 3/4 full, left side gone.

YFWFh.jpg

Last edited: