• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Movement 4130 broken (problem)

Dogosrgentino69

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/12/18
I have tried an original rolex stem and it does not work ... now I am waiting for a stem noob 4130 in a week saber. but that piece does not work

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
I have tried an original rolex stem and it does not work ... now I am waiting for a stem noob 4130 in a week saber. but that piece does not work

How did you get the broken stem out? What position was the stem in when it broke? To say you tried a Rolex stem and it doesn't work, how did you try it? Any position besides the first stage which is winding position will throw your keyless off and any stem will not work. If you were pulling the stem out to adjust the hands when it broke it will not work.

I leaned this the hard way. When I got my noob 4130 watch it was working fine. I went to adjust the hands and the stem came out. I tried to put it back in. I open it and coundn't figure out what was going on. Then I spoke to Mike (misipked) and he had me bring it to him. When it was put together it seemed the person didn't take out the stem in the right position and he had to reset my keyless. Then it worked like a charm. I have taken the stem out since then to change the dial and hands and mainspring and chrono gear. Every time in winding position and it goes back fine.

I think your problem lies in your keyless. I could be wrong but I will order a stem and see.

Dogosrgentino69

28/12/18
How did you get the broken stem out? What position was the stem in when it broke? To say you tried a Rolex stem and it doesn't work, how did you try it? Any position besides the first stage which is winding position will throw your keyless off and any stem will not work. If you were pulling the stem out to adjust the hands when it broke it will not work.

I leaned this the hard way. When I got my noob 4130 watch it was working fine. I went to adjust the hands and the stem came out. I tried to put it back in. I open it and coundn't figure out what was going on. Then I spoke to Mike (misipked) and he had me bring it to him. When it was put together it seemed the person didn't take out the stem in the right position and he had to reset my keyless. Then it worked like a charm. I have taken the stem out since then to change the dial and hands and mainspring and chrono gear. Every time in winding position and it goes back fine.

I think your problem lies in your keyless. I could be wrong but I will order a stem and see.

My stem broke when I was rolling. My watchmaker left the movement loose and moved and it might be that he died for that reason. he told me
I tried a gene stem and it does not work ... now I'm waiting for the
stem noob ... if someone can confirm this we will know for sure ...

watchservicesny

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
8/1/07
I will try in hour or so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luxuracer

Renowned Member
My stem broke when I was rolling. My watchmaker left the movement loose and moved and it might be that he died for that reason. he told me
I tried a gene stem and it does not work ... now I'm waiting for the
stem noob ... if someone can confirm this we will know for sure ...

If I read correctly, your number one issue is your watchmaker. You need to find a more knowledgeable watchmaker.
Also you can send your watch to one of our forum watchmaker/modder who has experience in rep especially the SA4130.

Best of luck

Dogosrgentino69

28/12/18
live in Spain. the problem is that there are no good watchmakers here ... where I could send the watch for repair. I read a lot but I do not know where to repair .. thanks

lukko

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
Yes I do. I can order one next time I order stuff from my rolex guy and see for 100% but I changed my main spring and my chrono gear and pinion and some keyless parts with real rolex parts and they all fit perfectly. Cant see why the stem would be different.

Gen stem fit and work as should in sa4130

I never find a problem with install and use the gen stem in sa,the problem, i think, is inside the key distribution sistem,

this is just what I thought! Thanks occb2 Harleysta91 misiekped for the clarification and collaboration :)

watchservicesny

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
8/1/07
live in Spain. the problem is that there are no good watchmakers here ... where I could send the watch for repair. I read a lot but I do not know where to repair .. thanks

I’m in US, but if you don’t find anybody in your area feel free to send ma a PM

Reactions: Maron

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada

There are several people in EU that can help. I recommend ado213 in UK. You’ll have to double check that he works on the 4130, as I do not know personally.

If you don’t mind shipping to USA, the gentleman offering you his services is amongst the most trustworthy and competent watchmakers around.

Luxuracer

Renowned Member

As Maron said, you can search forum for EU watchmakers/modders.

If everything failed, send misiekped a PM. It's hard to find anyone better than him. He has extensive knowledge in both gen Rolex movements and rep SA/SH3135, 'SH3187', and SA4130.

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15

send it to Domi he is in the EU and is a watchmaker on this forum

Kwigyboo

12/2/18
USA
I don't think your problem is the stem. I think its your keyless. If you remove a 4130 stem in any other position than winding you will not be able to put the stem back in. You will need to take it apart and reset the stem and the keyless.

Son of a bitch I just was fiddling with my Noob Daytona and bungled this part. Is there a tutorial on how to reset the stem/keyless for the 4130?

Micasol

I'm Pretty Popular
14/4/14
Son of a bitch I just was fiddling with my Noob Daytona and bungled this part. Is there a tutorial on how to reset the stem/keyless for the 4130?

You have take out the movement and press the release pin to the dial face, look at this pics, just up of the crown, no need to take out the dial for,
6b9b1167457c462a1afae8a0824f22d6.jpg

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020