• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex GMT-MASTER II "Pepsi"

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
Sorry, but which one of John's comments provide any "substantive feedback" or merit like you mentioned? I'm not looking to argue, but I did take your advice, did a quick search of the "pepsi" and.. Lo and behold johnlogan spent $430 on the same replica. Granted his rep does look nicer with proper lighting and a jubilee bracelet, but the other than that the differences are marginal. Maybe I just need to snap another photo in the sunlight holding a cigar and maybe people will kiss my ass too.

johnlogan spent more money and he got a much better watch; there is no comparison between yours and his.

A per your request, here are things that are wrong, by no means full list:
Bezel teeth, size and finishing; insert pitting on the finishing; wrong material; numerals white and look clearcoted, insert misaligned, rehaut very dark, rehaut misaligned, ROLEXEOLEXROLEX etched incorrectly, dial markers overflowing and misaligned in places (eg 6'o clock marker), Cyclops AR, Hands are rounded, Case shape is wrong and edges too soft an vague, ICHS, Clasp is of very low quality, Etching not aligned, etching is wrong, if the watch is replicating a steel model then the bracelet is wrong

The watch you have is a pretty common quality for Canal St - the seller probably paid around $30-50 on DHGate or Aliexpress (etc)

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
o
johnlogan spent more money and he got a much better watch; there is no comparison between yours and his.

Bezel teeth, size and finishing; insert pitting on the finishing; wrong material; numerals white and look clearcoted, insert misaligned, rehaut very dark, rehaut misaligned, ROLEXEOLEXROLEX etched incorrectly, dial markers overflowing and misaligned in places (eg 6'o clock marker), Cyclops AR, Hands are rounded, Case shape is wrong and edges too soft an vague, ICHS, Clasp is of very low quality, Etching not aligned, etching is wrong, if the watch is replicating a steel model then the bracelet is wrong

The watch you have is a pretty common quality for Canal St - the seller probably paid around $30-50 on DHGate or Aliexpress (etc)

I would like to add : incorrect DWO & font!

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Sorry, but which one of John's comments provide any "substantive feedback" or merit like you mentioned? I'm not looking to argue, but I did take your advice, did a quick search of the "pepsi" and.. Lo and behold johnlogan spent $430 on the same replica. Granted his rep does look nicer with proper lighting and a jubilee bracelet, but the other than that the differences are marginal. Maybe I just need to snap another photo in the sunlight holding a cigar and maybe people will kiss my ass too.

My man, if you cant stand the heat when parading a low low quality canal street POS watch maybe this forum is nor for you?

When you are referring to this post : https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/6823029-i-pulled-the-trigger-gmt-blro there were much anticipation on the forum about this release :
If you bothered to read some of my posts in this thread and not just look at the pictures you would find this:

Im totalt bashing this release. However there are no comparison between this watch and yours. They are not even in the same ball park, they are not even the same sport!!

Reactions: KushBandit

DirtyArty

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/12/18
Man, thank god I avoided this mistake. I was going to pull the trigger on a sea-dweller on DHGate for $120 then one night I ran into r/ reptine or r/repwatches I think it was. I started to pickup on all the talk and did not know there were trusted sites out there that actually sold decent 1:1. Did some asking and at the time the Noob V9 116610LN just came out. I was more into the watches movement as the watches typically looked good in the outside. Paid $600 and was wort it. I got to enjoy it for about 6 month till a watch smith broke my winding gear. Now it’s with a different watch smith and hopefully I will get it back in 3 weeks. The watch smith here in Los Angeles are nuts, talking about confiscating your rep watch and sending to the manufacturer because it’s the law. So, I’m purchasing a bunch of tools, a 2824 sh3135 movement and I’m going to learn how to put them apart and back together. Then we’ll move one to other things. These MF out here asking for $350 just to service a rep watch, then break it and give it back to you!

Latarian

Horology Curious
28/12/18
Im totalt bashing this release. However there are no comparison between this watch and yours. They are not even in the same ball park, they are not even the same sport!!

Do you suffer from delusion of the grandeur? Here is my watch in the sunlight.. I agree it has many flaws (the bezel being the most obvious), but I can pick out the same amount of issues with your rep. To say it's not in the same ball park is off base and I paid $350 less.

Latarian

Horology Curious
28/12/18
Man, thank god I avoided this mistake. I was going to pull the trigger on a sea-dweller on DHGate for $120 then one night I ran into r/ reptine or r/repwatches I think it was. I started to pickup on all the talk and did not know there were trusted sites out there that actually sold decent 1:1. Did some asking and at the time the Noob V9 116610LN just came out. I was more into the watches movement as the watches typically looked good in the outside. Paid $600 and was wort it. I got to enjoy it for about 6 month till a watch smith broke my winding gear. Now it’s with a different watch smith and hopefully I will get it back in 3 weeks. The watch smith here in Los Angeles are nuts, talking about confiscating your rep watch and sending to the manufacturer because it’s the law. So, I’m purchasing a bunch of tools, a 2824 sh3135 movement and I’m going to learn how to put them apart and back together. Then we’ll move one to other things. These MF out here asking for $350 just to service a rep watch, then break it and give it back to you!

Sounds like you're in a worse predicament than I am... You paid $600 for a watch that broke 6 months later, went to get it fixed only to have someone threaten to confiscate it, finally found someone to fix it, but you have to wait 3 weeks and top of all that spent more money on tools just to fix it yourself?

Bro... I spent $100 on this watch and it's solid as a MF...

Latarian

Horology Curious
28/12/18

My watch is replicating the white gold model hence the Oyster bracelet... Here are just some of the same flaws you outlined with johnlogan's rep. The lume on that 9'o clock marker is atrocious.. the numbers on the bezel are stark white and very sloppy, overflowing, misaligned, no AR on the cyclops, you can see the blue part of the bezel come through on the side it's supposed to be red.. the point I'm trying to make is his overpriced watch isn't any better than my Chinatown fake:

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Do you suffer from delusion of the grandeur? Here is my watch in the sunlight.. I agree it has many flaws (the bezel being the most obvious), but I can pick out the same amount of issues with your rep. To say it's not in the same ball park is off base and I paid..,,

Brother it’s junk and it looks even worse in the daytime!

Reactions: Gardetemps

Latarian

Horology Curious
28/12/18
Brother it’s junk and it looks even worse in the daytime!

johnlogan You're not as nearly as elite as you think... this being a forum for fake watches and all..

Regardless of your opinion.. I found the answers that I was looking for from other members on this thread. It certainly took some teeth pulling, but I learned a hell of a lot.. Thanks to everyone who provided feedback. My next purchase will certainly be more informed and more rewarding.. I'm sure of it.

tommikeson

24/10/14
Johnlogan is right though, his delivery may be a little harsh but he is right.

And to dismiss the forum as being just for "fake watches" is a little short sighted. If you spend some more time reading you will find that many members actually have the gen versions of the replicas that they review. People don't like to beat on something that they have spent thousands of dollars on; but they want to enjoy it as much as possible to finding an accurate rep is important.

Additionally, many people own gens and appreciate the quality of a good watch but they can't justify having a large collection of watches when prices can sometimes be a little ridiculous. This is an enjoyable hobby for these people. From my experience, it seems that most members can afford gens but don't always buy them. They aren't looking to fool people with things they can't afford.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gardetemps

Latarian

Horology Curious
28/12/18
Johnlogan is right though, his delivery may be a little harsh but he is right.

What is he right about? What beneficial information has he provided? He may have over 4k posts, but most are snarky one liners... no valuable information. Another comparison...

VS the genuine Rolex GMT-Master II Black/18k white gold - 116719BLRO

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
I remembered years ago when I had a BLNR that is also miles from a known rep factory let alone a gen. Cheap reps can be good lessons for you to understand the details of a gen and what to look for in a rep.

Once you made the upgrade you can use that cheap rep as a dummy to practice or trial mods.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
If you want honest opinions take it with a pinch of salt mate. Johnlogan has many informative posts and replies like many others in the forum, so do respect the community. Cheers.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
What is he right about? What beneficial information has he provided? He may have over 4k posts, but most are snarky one liners... no valuable information. Another comparison...

comparisonadc7ce9f19efb0f6.jpg

genuine5f1f0783e93f1cf0.jpg

Im completely baffled. If you think the GM vs Canal St low beat looks the same you are blind as a bat or dumb sa a bag of rocks! Good luck on your next purchase.
:jeff:

nothingelse

29/10/17

ICHS is for any rep here an huge tell. A med half/ informed Rolex fan/owner can call out you in 15 seconds or less. In an ICHS Rep I don’t care or look any other flaws/tell : it is a no way for me. Imho.

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: johnlogan

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
ICHS is for any rep here an huge tell. A med half/ informed Rolex fan/owner can call out you in 15 seconds or less. In an ICHS Rep I don’t care or look any other flaws/tell : it is a no way for me. Imho.

Sent from the RWI App

Yes, ICHS is troublesome. But I can live with terrible SEL & ICHS, but the GMF insert is pure junk. I might start using my GM if I can obtain a ceramic insert. 4 now its a box queen collecting dust.

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
If OP wants to hear a compliment for his $100 purchase from Canal St then, this forum is the wrong place. There are many experts, Rolex enthusiasts and experienced rep owners here.

If you ask a clueless rep collector like myself, I’d say “it’s a good looking watch...wear her in good health” there you have it. It’s always a beautiful piece when you are happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Jerseydan31

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/11/18
So folks if I’m not mistaken there’s no Rep Pepsi with a decent bezel insert......correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk