• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF Daytona time setting

DaWKin548

Horology Curious
1/8/18
Hi all,

Long time lurker in this wonderful community and needing a touch of advice from you all.

I’ve recently taken delivery of an ARF daytona v2 with the hope of combining it with a Noob 4130 in a few months time, in the meantime however, I’d like to wear and enjoy the ARF.

I’ve just started to play with the ARF (Jesus that rotor is loud), psudeo-chrono working nicely, counting time fine... however I appear not to be able to change the time?

Just to check I’m not being a colossal idiot (and because this is a modfied movement from its base 7750 so instructions are few and far between) - the first crown position is winding, the second should be changing the time yes?

Currently my crown spins freely at this point and I’m guessing it should be adjusting the time? I would like to check I’m not being a massive idiot with everyone’s superior knowledge before I hammerfist my keyboard and cry into my Christmas turkey leftovers.

Thank you all in advance from me with my $500 paperweight,
James

nikefit

Known Member
16/1/12
Give the crown another pull buddy.. the 2nd position is supposedly for the date, but since there is no date it will not do anything

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

DaWKin548

Horology Curious
1/8/18
Hahah thank you, I feel a total idiot now. It had a huge amount of resistance - I’ll put that down to it being new. Thanks again

Reactions: nikefit

Rolly123

17/11/18
Interesting you talk about the loud rotor. Others have commented that it's not that loud. Do you think the ARF feels "fake" in your hands, or are you happy with it overall?

DaWKin548

Horology Curious
1/8/18
I’ve not held or handled a Noob daytona so take everything I say with a pinch of salt - I’m comparing this to my Sub Noob V8 and several Gen Rolex’s I’ve had the pleasure of handling (none of which Daytona’s).

The rotor is fairly loud yes and there is an interesting loud spring noise too to go with the loud rotor. The feel of the movement in the hand, the pushers, the crown screwing and positional setting is very fake feeling and my chrono hand is ever so slightly not at 12 o’clock.

The strap is very light but I hear the real one is too, the screws to change the links are made from cheese too and very tight on mine - luckily I have the wrists of a 6 year old girl (despite being 6 foot 3 inch) so I’ll be removing all the damaged screws once I get a better tool along with the links.

To look at the watch is beautiful. I’m not a die hard enthusiast but I know enough to be dangerous, this would fool 99.99% of people on the wrist, but if they hear the rotor or handle it the game is up.

Overall, it’s a beautiful watch to look at but having bought this I’m keen to get myself a Noob and compare and then amalgamate - maybe some quirks of the ARF are because it’s a Daytona and I’m comparing a chunky, industrial watch like the Submariner to a Daytona, maybe some are inherent problems of the awful movement, however yes to handle it feels fake but to look at it doesn’t at all, take your pick of the lesser of two evils between the manufacturers

ubzer

Known Member
26/6/18
I’ve not held or handled a Noob daytona so take everything I say with a pinch of salt - I’m comparing this to my Sub Noob V8 and several Gen Rolex’s I’ve had the pleasure of handling (none of which Daytona’s).

The rotor is fairly loud yes and there is an interesting loud spring noise too to go with the loud rotor. The feel of the movement in the hand, the pushers, the crown screwing and positional setting is very fake feeling and my chrono hand is ever so slightly not at 12 o’clock.

The strap is very light but I hear the real one is too, the screws to change the links are made from cheese too and very tight on mine - luckily I have the wrists of a 6 year old girl (despite being 6 foot 3 inch) so I’ll be removing all the damaged screws once I get a better tool along with the links.

To look at the watch is beautiful. I’m not a die hard enthusiast but I know enough to be dangerous, this would fool 99.99% of people on the wrist, but if they hear the rotor or handle it the game is up.

Overall, it’s a beautiful watch to look at but having bought this I’m keen to get myself a Noob and compare and then amalgamate - maybe some quirks of the ARF are because it’s a Daytona and I’m comparing a chunky, industrial watch like the Submariner to a Daytona, maybe some are inherent problems of the awful movement, however yes to handle it feels fake but to look at it doesn’t at all, take your pick of the lesser of two evils between the manufacturers

regarding the noisy rotor! a few drops of oil and mine is quite as gen now..and yes the screws are a mess:)

DaWKin548

Horology Curious
1/8/18
As dumb as the following will sound - what oil would you use? And would it be on the central hub where the weight connects to the winding mechanism? Thanks!

ubzer

Known Member
26/6/18
As dumb as the following will sound - what oil would you use? And would it be on the central hub where the weight connects to the winding mechanism? Thanks!

search for watch oil on Amazon. Nothing special. And yes on the central hub.

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
Dont us e watchoil from amazon, it probably will be cheap chinese stuff,...I would recommend Moebius oil....specially made for watches....a bir more expensive but it will last ages

Reactions: DaWKin548