• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

TT GMT build

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
Now that my TT Sub is under control (for the moment) I’m thinking I need a TT GMT. Anyone have experience with this watch? I prefer Noob over BP, but again the dreaded bare sel sides come into play and Noob has them. Am I right that the BP’s take gen parts like the Noob does? Crystals/bezel assembly all the external parts? Check out how the different dealers pictures make the gold look vastly different!

https://www.intime03.co/rollie/2682...pped-bezel-black-dial-on-ss-yg-bracelet-.html

f2n1g3.jpg

2vi5aoy.jpg

nn5p4m.jpg

10rn7fq.jpg

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
The guys at TS watch said this is not gen parts compatible. I thought it was, guess it’s a good thing I didn’t go with it then!

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
You should get MrBeasy to chime in here and post his Franken. He has one of these or a FG.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
The guys at TS watch said this is not gen parts compatible. I thought it was, guess it’s a good thing I didn’t go with it then!

If the BP 116710 will take gen bezel and crystal, there's no reason the BP 116713 wouldn't. I've been given wrong info from TDs before. The BP wrapping and the bracelet are the way to go IMO.

Nice deal, hope you get it if you want it. It's not high enough on my list or I'd jump on it too.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...y-killer-price

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
That’s exactly what I was thinking, why would the two tone be any different than the regular silver and black version? The older 5 digit versions used to be held in by a bent wire set up.
Why would this be like that? Anyone know if this really is gen construction? Be nice not to buy it and regret it if it’s wrong...

MrBeasy

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/2/16
I built one of these.

BP takes gen parts like noob (I used BP for my base).

For the bracelet consider getting the JF TT plated bracelet. Colour is 98% same as my gen bracelet and there are no bare sides. Plating seems thick and it's not super expensive to replace if the plating eventually wears off. Also SEL fits pretty good with BP.

Reactions: phdsjain and KJ2020

MrBeasy

8/2/16
BP definitely takes gen parts.

I used a BP base for my full gold GMT and two tone GMT.

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
How’s the quality of the BP compared to Noob? Thanks for your input Dude!

Exklusive

I'm Pretty Popular
28/6/15
I built one of these.

BP takes gen parts like noob (I used BP for my base).

For the bracelet consider getting the JF TT plated bracelet. Colour is 98% same as my gen bracelet and there are no bare sides. Plating seems thick and it's not super expensive to replace if the plating eventually wears off. Also SEL fits pretty good with BP.

Can you advise which JF TT plated bracelet has no bare sides? From what I've seen on TD sites, they look bare. Thanks in advance.

MrBeasy

8/2/16
How’s the quality of the BP compared to Noob? Thanks for your input Dude!
Same man, except I think the midcase shape is better with Noob. It depends though what parts you are keeping with your Franken.

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
I’ve had a couple dealers tell me the BP doesn’t take gen parts, and one flat out said BP had bad quality. Either way, My plans are for the Noob TT Gmt and a VRF bracelet. A gen bezel assembly and crystal. Still sort of up in the air about hand stack though. Hopefully I can source the bracelet without having to buy the whole watch. I’ve seen some screaming deals on loose 116710 bezels lately. I was thinking about picking one up and sending it to spongebob for gold plating. Gen, but not gen. Likely less than half the price of the TT insert.

Reactions: KJ2020

yosimiz

Known Member
11/8/12
Ruprekt
Are you talking about the latest bracelets on c24?
I am looking for a nice deal too ;) actually gen clasp only will do too