• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SA3135 Broken Stem

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
I’m crown unscrew completely from my SA3135 (V1) I can stick the crown it back in -and the watch winds and sets in one direction. The other direction unscrews the crown. Is this an easy fix or impossible with the SA?

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
Glue it on with a drop of clear nailpolish or is it broken?

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
He said it unscrews the crown and can wind it in one direction...so I understood the crown came off the stem...that would have nothing to do with the keyless and could be fixed with glueing the crown on the stem...if the stem comes out of the watch, that's keyless.

lorenzo1910

I'm Pretty Popular
12/2/18
Tuscany - Italy
When the crown come off from the stem usually is a thread issue (either on the crown or on the stem)
Many people that buy used gen crown have this kind of issue...
A drop of glue MAY fix it... sometimes it doesn't.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
He said it unscrews the crown and can wind it in one direction...so I understood the crown came off the stem...that would have nothing to do with the keyless and could be fixed with glueing the crown on the stem...if the stem comes out of the watch, that's keyless.

It’s a BP crown attached to a SA - when I pull the grown all the way out in the hour / seconds setting I can set the time forwards ( upwards ) but not backwards. In rolled backwards, I unscrew the crown completely.

The stem is still in the movement- it’s the crown plus screw that has come lose. I.e the the crown is off the stem.

So you speculate that super glue would reattach it?

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
It’s a BP crown attached to a SA - when I pull the grown all the way out in the hour / seconds setting I can set the time forwards ( upwards ) but not backwards. In rolled backwards, I unscrew the crown completely.

The stem is still in the movement- it’s the crown plus screw that has come lose. I.e the the crown is off the stem.

As I thought....If the thread of the stem is still looking good, a solution could be a drop of lock tight or clear nailpolish....otherwise get a new stem and crown...

Reactions: johnlogan

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
As I thought....If the thread of the stem is still looking good, a solution could be a drop of lock tight or clear nailpolish....otherwise get a new stem and crown...

Buying loctight - revering with outcome! Much appreciated.

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country

Ahhh. My response was based on the pic of the crown and stem out of the movement- a red herring!