• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Thoughts about a Hulk build (non franken)

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
So there isn‘t a perfect Hulk on the market I‘m thinking about building one. I would like to take the best parts from different watches and put them together.

Here‘s my plan:

Noob V9 3135 midcase
Gen eta 2824 top grade movement or Selitta SW200 with H4 wheels/pinions
Custom made movement holder made on my lathe
Bracelet: Noob but need different SELs. But which? Or ARF with Noob‘s clasp.
Bezel hands and dial insert VRF
Generic Rolex DW as an overlay from WSO
Crown tube WSO (have got tools here for retapping)
Dial VRF max or from Noob base watch. Don’t know for now.

I would like to have the correct crown height so I have to choose a 3135 base watch. So I stumbled across Noob‘s V9. Maybe DJF is possible, but I don‘t know about the quality and proportions of this watch.

For the crystal there is a guy located in Germany which offers AR-coating and AR coated cyclops as spare parts. Maybe it‘s possible to coat a crystal only on the underside directly under the cyclops like gen. Have to ask for that...

What do you think? I don’t want to use any gen parts. So no frankening.

Possible?
Makes sense or not?

I love my ARF SD43. But ARF Hulk has got this blocky lugs and the crown position is to low although they are using A2824. Don’t understand why.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

0x9

11/8/17
EU [GER]
Would love to see this build, though this is going to be a expensive one. May i ask, who does this AR coating in Germany? Was thinking about a gen crystal for my V6s/early V7 Hulk, but maybe AR is enough for my taste. Are there some example pictures somehwere?

Anyway, please keep us posted on the progress - Hulk builds are rare bc of the lack of nice parts!

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
Here you go:

https://sweetwatches.de

I sent a Breitling crystal as a part to him some time ago. It has been double coated. Very good quality. He charged me 80€ for that.

Yes my build will not be cheap. I‘ve got the VRF max here. It‘s a nice watch but not perfect.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: 0x9

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Prof and Sonil both have crystals with AR under the cyclop for black hole effect. But you won't have the LEC (not sure that you care though as it's almost invisible)