• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Disappointed... please help?...

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
TD's often don't have stock when you ask about it. They say yes if they believe a factory has it or will have it available by the time they get your money.

The ARF black 2836 is (supposed to be) 904L

ARF does however make (or used to make) a black 2824 in 316L

http://www.trustytime.biz/index.php?...lgauss&x=0&y=0

I would take that in a heartbeat rather than a different dial, your recipient would never know, hell many of us can't tell the difference. Maybe ask your TD if he can get the black 2824 316L.

I feel your pain, I have a package with 2 Christmas present watches stuck at Customs now 12 days. I think they are goners, I've had several other packages make it through in this period in the usual 2-3 days.

dealerclocks

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
19/7/18
That's why we always ask people to order their stuff early if they want it for Christmas.

Even if you manage to track one down now, there is a possibility it will be stuck at customs/shipping carriers till after Christmas. This period is a nightmare for buying reps.

ROXOLO

Known Member
9/12/18
It’s getting worse and worse: after checking availabilities only the SA3131 BP is in stock (I had made up my mind on getting the ARF blue dial).
Still need to check for ARF 2824 316L...

im on the edge of giving up really.

on the other hand I see that TSwatch has a black dial, 2836 version from EXF? Anybody familiar with that maker? Is it good? Pics look ok and lime pic looks exceptional but, they are just pics,..

ROXOLO

Known Member
9/12/18
I’m getting untrusty. My TD says ARF 2824 316l is not in stock either. Other TD tells me it is in stock. Who’s lying? The one who already has my money? Or the one who wants my money? :-(

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
I’m getting untrusty. My TD says ARF 2824 316l is not in stock either. Other TD tells me it is in stock. Who’s lying? The one who already has my money? Or the one who wants my money? :-(

Here are a couple links to understand the process of buy counterfeit watches. It is not Amazon. The TD's are trusted for a reason. They are not going to jeopardize being a TD over $300 USD. Your time expectations are way too low.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...y-v1-1-updated

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...s-answered-why

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

Now you're getting the picture. I had a TD tell me a Noob Daytona was in stock Aug 24. Payment went through Aug 27. QC on Sep 21. Tracking number on Nov 13. Arrival Dec 3. Not kidding. I played through countless scenarios as to how it could take SIX WEEKS between QC and shipping. I think the most likely one is that it was seized on his end and he had to replace it and being a popular model it took time to do that.

The good news is I got it, so ultimately the TD came through. This is not the first time my patience was tested and I bet it will not be the last. Nature of the game. My collection has several watches in it that were second choices or fallback takes just to get something. If you must have a certain model you may just have to wait.

Kingcac

Known Member
4/12/18
Detroit
Mate just because the dealer said there was stock there quite possibly was. After you made payment the dealer went to the factory and low and behold the factory doesnt have any more. Not your dealers fault. The factories sale to many dealers and no dealer can see quantity of stock at said factory and dealer doesnt hold any inventory for themselves to sale. That's the nature of the game clear and simple

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I’m new here and by no mean trying to be rude. But the way you put it, then what’s the point of asking when the answer is “meh, yes can be no”.... we know how it works, that’s why we asked prior to purchasing. And if the answer is 50/50 for any given watch then what’s the point of asking? Just ordered it and it’s a crab shoot. Time frame aside, I feel for the guy. I’m well understand what had happened in this situation. But it doesn’t make it ok to say something is in stock and then none. No one dies, but it’s not good business practices imo. It’s not fun when buyer send money, TD get the watch, buyer changed to a new watch brand/style. Or buyer just want his money back because of x reason. Not fun either. This is not a big deal if it happened to me personally. But to some, it is and I understand for the guy. Peace...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
Kingcac in my experience when someone starts a comment with "not trying to be rude" that is exactly what happened sooooo
Not trying to be rude but this isnt amazon the possibility of something being in stock is just that a crap shoot. Seems you have all the knowledge since your join date of the 4th but if you or the OP are looking for accurate stock and speedy delivery may I suggest grabbing an Invictia from amazon prime I just checked and yup in stock would you like the link?

Reactions: tructure

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
you ordered on Sunday when it was in stock, you ahd difficulty with paying which took 48h....As you are not the only one ordering, it is a wellknown fact stock runs out...perosnally I would not want to order anything else then your first choice...just let them refund...you are the buyer, it's your money...

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
I’m new here and by no mean trying to be rude. But the way you put it, then what’s the point of asking when the answer is “meh, yes can be no”.... we know how it works, that’s why we asked prior to purchasing. And if the answer is 50/50 for any given watch then what’s the point of asking? Just ordered it and it’s a crab shoot. Time frame aside, I feel for the guy. I’m well understand what had happened in this situation. But it doesn’t make it ok to say something is in stock and then none. No one dies, but it’s not good business practices imo. It’s not fun when buyer send money, TD get the watch, buyer changed to a new watch brand/style. Or buyer just want his money back because of x reason. Not fun either. This is not a big deal if it happened to me personally. But to some, it is and I understand for the guy. Peace...

Hi,
Could you please site your source for this quote below?

“meh, yes can be no”

And your source for the statistic of 50/50, please.

“And if the answer is 50/50 for any given watch then what’s the point of asking?”

ROXOLO

Known Member
9/12/18
Let’s put things clear: I am blaming my bad luck more than I am blaming my dealer.
But I did read all the « first time buying a rep recommandations » carefully. I spent hours reading forums and comparing watches. Then I took another 3 days to be sure I still wanted to take the risk.
BUT
im a little uneasy when ALL versions of the Milgauss (except BP with crappy AS3131) are out of stock.
it is a shady business indeed, i know this ain’t amazon and that is exactly WHY IM A BIT WORRIED.
As far as I know Milgauss reps aren’t in big demand. But maybe they also build less of those - for that very reason.

anyways i’ve Decided to trust my dealer and told him I would wait until the version I want is in stock. It’s my first time buying a rep; if I never see the watch and he keeps my money, it will be the last!

Kingcac

Known Member
4/12/18
Detroit
Kingcac in my experience when someone starts a comment with "not trying to be rude" that is exactly what happened sooooo
Not trying to be rude but this isnt amazon the possibility of something being in stock is just that a crap shoot. Seems you have all the knowledge since your join date of the 4th but if you or the OP are looking for accurate stock and speedy delivery may I suggest grabbing an Invictia from amazon prime I just checked and yup in stock would you like the link?

No no, your experiences are wrong. When I said I’m was not being rude, I was not, wholeheartedly.

Now, your reply to me is a different story here. I don’t think there’s anything I can say that you will take in consideration because you’re already made up your mind that because I registered on the 4th, so my opinions are irrelevant since I’m a newbie. So I’m not going to go there and no need for the personal perspective toward each other.

This is just me again: I’ve been reading this for forum off and on for around a year and really digging in to things around 3 months ago when I got my first replica from VN (icw 7days). I own a decent of Gen (no invicta) collection (roadster, tt daytona etc.). I think this forum is a collection of a great group of people that are very knowledgeable (ocd like me sometime). I love watches and anything that pursuit the perfection of time. I joined because I think the stuff (Franken) mods watches that’s for sale m2m are a work of art in a term of pursuing the imperfection in a way. And I’m looking to buy one (vintage). I can’t afford to dole out 5-60k for a vintage sub for now. So that’s one of the reason I joined.

Back to the process: like I said, I understand how it works. But doesn’t mean it’s good. You don’t agree to everything Trump said do you? Just because he’s the president (example here, don’t get political). So let say that a M2M were to sell a watch. Member send money and seller said he changed his mind. Or whatever the reason, the watch is not available anymore. It will not be great for that member right, and chances are, he/she will not allow to sell again. And once again, I know this is not apple to apple sales comparison with TDS here. But! If we are to hold out member to a certain standard, we should do the same for all. Yes I know the process sometime it’s harder for TD.

And come on buddy! You’re on a replica forum and you’re dissing invicta? It’s like a guy in an Audi A4 calling a guy with Mercedes C class driving a pos.

3915971a9ee15d713adab56badc6032c.jpg

No invicta here buddy. You ever had sriracha with a daytona before? Don’t take it too personal and starts insulting people just because they are new on the board. New is not uneducated.

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
No no, your experiences are wrong. When I said I’m was not being rude, I was not, wholeheartedly.

Now, your reply to me is a different story here. I don’t think there’s anything I can say that you will take in consideration because you’re already made up your mind that because I registered on the 4th, so my opinions are irrelevant since I’m a newbie. So I’m not going to go there and no need for the personal perspective toward each other.

This is just me again: I’ve been reading this for forum off and on for around a year and really digging in to things around 3 months ago when I got my first replica from VN (icw 7days). I own a decent of Gen (no invicta) collection (roadster, tt daytona etc.). I think this forum is a collection of a great group of people that are very knowledgeable (ocd like me sometime). I love watches and anything that pursuit the perfection of time. I joined because I think the stuff (Franken) mods watches that’s for sale m2m are a work of art in a term of pursuing the imperfection in a way. And I’m looking to buy one (vintage). I can’t afford to dole out 5-60k for a vintage sub for now. So that’s one of the reason I joined.

Back to the process: like I said, I understand how it works. But doesn’t mean it’s good. You don’t agree to everything Trump said do you? Just because he’s the president (example here, don’t get political). So let say that a M2M were to sell a watch. Member send money and seller said he changed his mind. Or whatever the reason, the watch is not available anymore. It will not be great for that member right, and chances are, he/she will not allow to sell again. And once again, I know this is not apple to apple sales comparison with TDS here. But! If we are to hold out member to a certain standard, we should do the same for all. Yes I know the process sometime it’s harder for TD.

And come on buddy! You’re on a replica forum and you’re dissing invicta? It’s like a guy in an Audi A4 calling a guy with Mercedes C class driving a pos.

3915971a9ee15d713adab56badc6032c.jpg

No invicta here buddy. You ever had sriracha with a daytona before? Don’t take it too personal and starts insulting people just because they are new on the board. New is not uneducated.

Did your mommy and daddy not give you enough praise as a child?

Kingcac

Known Member
4/12/18
Detroit
Did your mommy and daddy not give you enough praise as a child?

Oh come on man? How old are you? Talking peoples mom and dad? Now that’s effing uncalled for. Grow the F up. I was raised with no praises needed. Satisfaction is self accomplishment.

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
I don't even have the desire to deal with your condescending tone @kingcac

For an educated member as you've pointed yourself out to be just how commercialized do you wish the illegal manufacturers and illegal dealers to become so things are easier for you and others that cant wrap their heads around the fact that this is how this hobby goes?
Should we require them to provide a daily SKU report?

Please refrain from more condescending comments towards me as I am known to not play well with others

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
When I want a specific watch that is out of stock I order the watch and pay my money and wait. My longest waits have been 4 months and 6 months, but the watches arrive when they are in stock. If you don't pay they may run out of stock again before you even have a chance to order. Nothing is like Amazon when you are buying Reps. I currently have a $400 Rep that was shipped on October 26th that has been in Customs since November 5th. I haven't received a letter from Customs yet, but I expect the infamous seized letter any day. This problem is my fault. I went against my TD's suggestion of not using the Fast EMS service because I wanted the watch sooner. This all part of the process.

ROXOLO

Known Member
9/12/18
I have been told stocks would refuel by end of this month/ begin next month, wich isn’t that bad - but is it true? Time will tell.