• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Disappointed... please help?...

ROXOLO

Known Member
9/12/18
Hi all,

On Sunday I ordered an ARF Milgauss 2836 904L from a TD. on first contact, the watch was in stock. It took almost 48H before they finally got my paiement, because I had some issues with my bankcard and had to change way of payment at the last minute. All in all, a very frustrating and stressful operation - but not the fault of the dealer.

However, now the the payment has been received and I'm waiting for the QC pics, they just now sent me an email saying that the watch is NOT in stock anymore and I have to chose something else! :-(

I don't want another watch, I want ARF because it's the best rep, it's 904L, and I want the black dial because I think the blue dial looks fake on the rep. It's for a Christmas present and the person loves THAT mil gauss with the black dial and green glass.

I can't afford to pay a supplement for the asian 3131 version - I wish they would make a commercial gesture and offer it to me same price, but I know that's not how it works.

So I'm stuck between going for the fake-looking (my point of view, what do you guys think?) are blue dial, or choose from another maker - can anyone tell me if the BP version with black dial and 3131 movement is good? How would it compare with the ARF version? what would you guys do?

I'm really lost. If it wouldn't be for a present I would just ask for a refund but ... I cannot change my mind now.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: timepiecefinatic

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
That’s how the lump of coal in the stocking goes! Good luck next time!

I've gotten burned over Cheryl Tiegs,
Blown up for Raquel Welch.
But when I wind up in the hay it's only hay, Hey Hey

timmywatch

Renowned Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
4/11/16
Arf is the best at the moment, the TD can give you another watch in the same priceregion.

Cheers mate

Sent from the RWI App

Luxuracer

Renowned Member
I'm really lost. If it wouldn't be for a present I would just ask for a refund but ... I cannot change my mind now.

Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately this happened quite often in the repworld, since TD rarely hold stock and can only rely on the 'factory' and/or the distributor.
If you buy it for yourself then you might want to pick up the BP SA3131. But since you mention that this is a gift, I do not think you should, due to the unreliability of the SA3131 movement,

Ask for a discount on the ARF SH3131 or get a refund and go with another TD to get the ARF A2836.

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
Sucks to be in that situation. Unless its a new-ish watch it's always best to email your TD and make sure the watch is still supplied as it doesnt seem like they take off older models.

WC800729

Known Member
Gold Patron
Certified
23/11/18
USA
My 2 cents.
Did you ask the TD when he thinks it would be available? I know it is for a Christmas present, but if it would be available in an additional two weeks or so, maybe you can put an image of the watch in an envelope and give it to the recipient. Explain it is a special order and it will be in their hands before they know it. Unless it's a 12 year old, they will understand. If its for one of your kids, get ready for HELL!
And as another member mentioned, wow, Christmas?
I'm dealing with a TD now, but the watches are for myself, so I am not worried. Good thing was they told me what I could, and could not get before payment.
Best of luck, wish I could help.
Happy Holidays :jeff:

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
Golden rule - ask the TD if they know the model and if can they get it before you buy it.

Also, you left it real late for an xmas gift. You needed to have ordered it mid November.

ROXOLO

Known Member
9/12/18
I know i’m late. I wasted a lot of time trying to find the watch trough rep dealers in Belgium. Either they only had Sub and GMT and Daytona, either they were trying to sell me a 80$ rep for 300$. That’s when I decided to order online. But it hasn’t been such a cheerful experience so far. I already gave up on being on time for Christmas - I’ll make up something- now I have to give up on the version I want ???? I’m not rich, I’m just a waiter - 398$ (shipping included) is the most expensive Christmas present I ever bought and I won’t even get the best version of it ???? I might just go for the blue dial version and stop worrying about it but, it just won’t be the same.

Reactions: kpg1220

ROXOLO

Known Member
9/12/18
And I repeat, when I contacted the dealer on Sunday, the watch was in stock.

timepiecefinatic

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/12/18
Golden rule - ask the TD if they know the model and if can they get it before you buy it.

Also, you left it real late for an xmas gift. You needed to have ordered it mid November.

this is good to know i’m new to RWI and I can tell you these TDs are not as trusted as some say when it comes to actual info. just my 2 cents

Reactions: stolt

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
And I repeat, when I contacted the dealer on Sunday, the watch was in stock.
Mate just because the dealer said there was stock there quite possibly was. After you made payment the dealer went to the factory and low and behold the factory doesnt have any more. Not your dealers fault. The factories sale to many dealers and no dealer can see quantity of stock at said factory and dealer doesnt hold any inventory for themselves to sale. That's the nature of the game clear and simple

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WC800729

Known Member
Gold Patron
Certified
23/11/18
USA
Feel bad for the guy, if his story is true, most money on a gift, etc. What a nightmare. Happens to me every Christmas when buying jewelry on line from one of the major high-end department stores for my fiance. Fortunately resolved the problem for 2018.
GOT RID OF HER, SHES GONE!
Now I'm shopping for some reps for myself, enjoying it a hell of a lot more!

:jeff:

CanRep

13/10/18
Don't get another colour. Ask the TD if more stock is coming and wait until its available. Otherwise you'll always look at that watch for what it isn't.
​​​​​​
You are right, it's a big financial investment on your part, so you need to be patience and help the recipient to understand the situation. Honestly, there is NO other solution that is going to make you happy in the long run.

Reactions: Schuintt