• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Dh-gate problem- cheater seller. Datejust 3235 41mm.

Lidori

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/12/18
Hello friends, I want to share with you something that happened to me at dhgate .. Before I came to this group I wanted to purchase datejust 3235 RE version .. I talked to someone who seemed to me quite reliable, sent me pictures and promised that within a day or two he sent the package. On 4.12 I paid $ 380 in dhgate. After two days he sent me a message in wechat and told me he had made a mistake. That the factory gave him a wrong price and that if I wanted a RE I had to add $ 80. I sent him $ 80 in paypal. And from that moment on he just postponed the deadline. Each time he invented another story. At some point he said that the relationship with the RE factory had gone wrong and he could not get the watch. And offered to send me an EW factory for $ 365. But I do not trust him anymore. I asked him to return my money to me in paypal and told him that I would cancel my order on dhgate. At first he was not ready and asked that I first cancel the order in site and only then he will pay me back in pay pal the 80$. But I insisted until he returned me first the 80$ by pay pal. Then I opened a refund request on the site and he rejected it on the grounds “ the order already being prepared and will be sent soon as possible”. I spoke with customer service and I'm not getting answers they just tell me to trust them and i get my money back. In site dhgate the seller doing a show like you've never talked to me in wechat. But I have all the proofs and screenshots of all the conversations. How do you recommend me to act? And what do I have to do to get the money back? Thank you

Sent from the RWI App

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Why not do a chargeback with Paypal? Google their 800 number and call them. Do NOT tell them it's a fake Rolex. They usually side with the buyer.

Lidori

9/12/18
Friends. I did not pay in paypal, I paid in dhgate. The amount of the $ 80 I gave him in the pay pal is returned to me back.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Lidori

9/12/18
Why not do a chargeback with Paypal? Google their 800 number and call them. Do NOT tell them it's a fake Rolex. They usually side with the buyer.

Friends. I did not pay in paypal, I paid in dhgate. The amount of the $ 80 I gave him in the pay pal is returned to me back.

Sent from the RWI App

Lidori

9/12/18
Agreed with the above. Squeeky wheel gets the grease. Keep bugging them

Sent from the RWI App

Luxuracer

Renowned Member

Your biggest mistake is buying a high-quality rep on DHGate.

Since you already filed a dispute with DHGate, all you need to do is follow their instruction and hopefully you will get your money back. DHGate is pretty good in resolving issue with buyers, as long as you are being persistent.

nothingelse

29/10/17

Sent from the RWI App

No problem. Dh gate is more buyer friendly than seller friendly. Open a dispute and trust their customer service. They will solve the problem. Once I got a cheapie quartz chrono, but chrono didn’t work ( the watch ran fine but the Chrono) so I opened a dispute. I got my money even without send back the watch. I only took to provide a vid of the watch and not working Chrono.

Sent from the RWI App

Sub4life

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
12/12/18
Thank you for this, I was about to buy my first rep at dhgate because the price is unbelievable. I'm glad I found this site and I rather to invest more in a TD here knowing that the mods here can help with a transaction to TD.

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Dhgate in bait and stitch shocker :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drivers77

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
24/8/18
I had the same problem like 4 months ago DHGate did nothing to resolve the problem, and i ended opening a dispute on my credit card that was my last resource but had to..

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Lidori

9/12/18
Your biggest mistake is buying a high-quality rep on DHGate.

Since you already filed a dispute with DHGate, all you need to do is follow their instruction and hopefully you will get your money back. DHGate is pretty good in resolving issue with buyers, as long as you are being persistent.

i know. but it has already happened .. Now all I want is to return my money. This is $ 380...

Lidori

9/12/18
I had the same problem like 4 months ago DHGate did nothing to resolve the problem, and i ended opening a dispute on my credit card that was my last resource but had to..

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

The credit card company returned the money?

WC800729

Known Member
Gold Patron
Certified
23/11/18
USA
How tough is it to get DHGate to refund when things go South? Also, what type of card did you pay with? I hope not a debit, ouch.

Lidori

9/12/18
How tough is it to get DHGate to refund when things go South? Also, what type of card did you pay with? I hope not a debit, ouch.

Yes, I paid by credit card debit , but it's a card of credit company.. i can talk with the company.. i do this today..

Sent from the RWI App

WC800729

Known Member
Gold Patron
Certified
23/11/18
USA
The credit card company should stand behind you. Depending on the card, they sometimes make it a bit difficult, but just be insistent! Also, I would not mention replica, just a watch!
An interesting thing I learned from my bank credit card when I was processing a purchase from my TD. Speaking to the credit card company (Visa), they told me that the vendor 9credit card process company they are using) must return the funds, once they accept payment. The bank/card doesn't loose anything, and will lockup the vendors account if they do not refund the funds. Best of luck, but I am sure you will prevail.

Lidori

9/12/18
The credit card company should stand behind you. Depending on the card, they sometimes make it a bit difficult, but just be insistent! Also, I would not mention replica, just a watch!
An interesting thing I learned from my bank credit card when I was processing a purchase from my TD. Speaking to the credit card company (Visa), they told me that the vendor 9credit card process company they are using) must return the funds, once they accept payment. The bank/card doesn't loose anything, and will lockup the vendors account if they do not refund the funds. Best of luck, but I am sure you will prevail.

I do this. Thank you

Sent from the RWI App