• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex daytona franken 116500

Pandayr

Horology Curious
10/12/18
Hi all, new to this amazing replica scene. I have lurked and read a lot on the daytona Noob vs ARF and came to the conclusion that I would be purchasing a NOOB 116500 Daytona but i want to ask if i am able to bring the ARF parts and it will fit the Noob version?

Yachtmaster_Chris

Known Member
31/3/18
Hawaii, USA
Read all 60 pages of this thread: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...a-4130-arrived

Very valuable information, it's all here.

From what I gather, the ARF bezel and dial will fit, but the ARF dial is a larger diameter than the NOOB or GEN. So, you'll need to sand down the edges with a dremel or some such tool in order to reduce the diameter of the dial. You'll also have to remove the dial feet from the back of the dial and use dial dots to attach the ARF dial to the NOOB movement.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
A franken is a watch which uses gen parts and not ARF parts.

Sent from iX

Reactions: Micasol

Pandayr

Horology Curious
10/12/18
Yachtmaster_Chris Hi buddy thanks for your reply! The main point im trying to confirm this is because i understand that the ARF dial and some other parts are more accurate to gen then the Noob. Have actually already read the link u gave me, felt that im getting a shit ton of information and am quite lost haha... Im pretty sure i read almost every thread already.

Pandayr

Horology Curious
10/12/18
guru Sorry about the double post! I forgotten to tag and doubled posted. Will delete one! Thanks for letting me know what a franken really means... Didnt know that haha... Any opinions on a Noob Daytona which is modded with replica parts?

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
guru Sorry about the double post! I forgotten to tag and doubled posted. Will delete one! Thanks for letting me know what a franken really means... Didnt know that haha... Any opinions on a Noob Daytona which is modded with replica parts?

This is a noob with ARF parts,cheapest way to build a nice daytona

f687a87938336032a1766efcdf49d490.jpg

Sent from iX

Tschacko

Supporter
1/8/18
Hey guru I really appreciate your build ! have been asking many TDs for the ARF bezel. No one was able to source it. Any ideas ?

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
Hey guru I really appreciate your build ! have been asking many TDs for the ARF bezel. No one was able to source it. Any ideas ?

buy the complete watch, use the parts you need and sell the rest. The dial alone will sell in 20 min and people will pay you big bugs for it

Sent from iX

Tschacko

Supporter
1/8/18
buy the complete watch, use the parts you need and sell the rest. The dial alone will sell in 20 min and people will pay you big bugs for it

Sent from iX

True but if I buy two I end up with a spare noob dial and not a ARF most wanted one.

Tschacko

Supporter
1/8/18
Alright, is the Bezel only clipped into the bezel retainer or is it glued?
So if I have a bezel removal tool I can simply clip it into the noob case ?

peterchao

Renowned Member
Certified
19/3/16
This is a noob with ARF parts,cheapest way to build a nice daytona

f687a87938336032a1766efcdf49d490.jpg

Sent from iX

Hi guru I have a similar piece with AR bracelet installed on a Noob base done by a modder.
When I received the watch the SEL seems a bit flushed with the lugs not properly recessed as yours.
Could you kindly suggest something I can do about it?

Thanks sir