• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Daytona Noob 116520 SA4130 - Modded

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Hi guys,

I wanted to share with you the fantastic work that the great master Harleysta91 did with my Noob Daytona SA4130.
I had the great fortune and comfort of living "near" Harleysta, so it was really nice to meet us to talk better, and I must say that we spent a very pleasant afternoon together talking about watches and our passion.
But let's get straight to the point, I bought in late October - early November the 116520 Noob white dial with clone movement, the purchase was made mainly for the movement, since you have never seen a watch with a vertical clutch column wheel like that for about 500 euros, and I must say that I was satisfied.
The clock arrived and I immediately noticed an annoying feeling of movement and badly made / not made at all oiling in the rotor bearing, it seemed like it was going to take off like an helicopter at any moment, it was even noisier than my 15400 JF V3 (known for its noise) and this made me a bit annoyed. The wrong font (116500) bothered me as well, so I decided to look around RWI in order to find someone who to make this watch 99.9% indistinguishable from the gen counterpart on the wrist.
In the end I decided to contact with Harleysta (certainly for the convenience and closeness) but also thanks to his complete and interesting threads in which he described his operations of modding and revision/service of other daytonas, so I understood that the watch would be in good hands.
I was lucky enough to agree with a member of the group ( botsyboy ) that gave me an ARF bezel, thank you very much! you helped me completing this project. Then I contacted Puretime to buy the ARF Dial, and I opted for the Black Dial, as I began to like the steel-black contrast in the first month of testing with the white dial.
I met harleysta, I left the Daytona, dial and bezel to him, and he proceeded to do an excellent complete revision, modding of the chronograph pushers and of course application of dial and bezel of the ARF.
As soon as I saw it myself I was impressed, I did not believe that those 0.4 mm difference between noob's gasket (2.7) and gen (2.3) could create such a change, the look is definitely gen, before it seemed much deeper , now I see no difference in proportions between this and my gen 116519.
What else to say? BRAVO!
I will leave to Harleysta the pleasure of posting the thread about my watch as soon as he downloads the pics, so be ready to click it to see the details!

Here are the pics, before:
I2iOf.jpg

zBtcr.jpg

and after:

NUoTX.jpg

NUlUp.jpg

NUN4s.jpg

NUFGh.jpg

NUYKD.jpg

NUv3o.jpg

NUzCI.jpg

Seefeld

Proud supporter
Supporter
Certified
22/10/18
I think I saw your Daytona at Harleysta91's office last week, I confirm he can make amazing works on our watchs and then he's a very competent and also kind person. Most important thing he explains step by step every single thing he makes, I've learnt a lot in the few hours spent with him. His works on Rolex bracelets are simply amazing, a stock bracelet (both noob and arf) looks fakes whilst after his magic touch are probably much better than the originals!
Nobody else can touch my watchs!!!!! Harleysta91 forever :):):):):)

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
I think I saw your Daytona at Harleysta91's office last week, I confirm he can make amazing works on our watchs and then he's a very competent and also kind person. Most important thing he explains step by step every single thing he makes, I've learnt a lot in the few hours spent with him. His works on Rolex bracelets are simply amazing, a stock bracelet (both noob and arf) looks fakes whilst after his magic touch are probably much better than the originals!
Nobody else can touch my watchs!!!!! Harleysta91 forever :):):):):)

I totally agree, he's an amazing person before everything else! Thank you!

fabbe79

I'm Pretty Popular
18/10/15
Congratulations! Amazing piece and great work from our Italian modder!

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
Didn’t you buy the watch on 4 of Sept?
You sent me tons of QC pics to give you guidence. Then 4 weeks later you sent me lots of pics of a gen dial which was for sale in Asia for 450 USD.
I am glad this is over now and you finally have a good looking watch. Congratulations

Sent from iX

Reactions: QueTip

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Didn’t you buy the watch on 4 of Sept?
You sent me tons of QC pics to give you guidence. Then 4 weeks later you sent me lots of pics of a gen dial which was for sale in Asia for 450 USD.
I am glad this is over now and you finally have a good looking watch. Congratulations

Sent from iX

yep! i got the date mixed, got confused for another watch.
It was quite an adventure i must say! sadly the Gen dial was a scam, but i lost nothing thanks to paypal, and the scammer was a total idiot that didn't even know how to scam. That's why i lost so much time. Then i figured that i would go for the ARF dial to see if i liked it and i am now convinced that it's amazing, maybe in the future i will go for gen dial, but at the moment it looks amazing as it is.
Keeping it on my wrist at the moment and every time i check the time i can't help but feel mesmerized by it! :)

Thank you so much for your feedback! it's thanks to you and your amazing pieces that i decided to follow this path ;) thank you again!

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
Very nice ! totally noob in daytona's but i really like it and will propably go your way if i buy one
could be tempted to swap the bezel with a ceramic though if it fits

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Very nice ! totally noob in daytona's but i really like it and will propably go your way if i buy one
could be tempted to swap the bezel with a ceramic though if it fits

yep it would fit, but i went for the 116520 model which has the steel bezel, i prefer this one over the ceramic 116500

Reactions: freediver

Seefeld

Proud supporter
Supporter
Certified
22/10/18
H Here is another amazing job made by Harleysta91

The noob bracelet was horrible the feeling was too bad and edges were too sharp. So I moved to an Arf bracelet treated by this amazing modder and the feeling Now is genlike.
You can see differences between the two bracelet in the following pictures .... the noob is the one.... ok you can see it by yourself. But the most important difference is the comfort that cannot be shown with pics of course ...
gv3Dq.md.jpg
gvag6.md.jpg
gv510.md.jpg
gvBLF.md.jpg
gyZkr.md.jpg
gyEVI.md.jpg

Reactions: Harleysta91

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
Awesome work!

I sent you a PM a couple of days ago, please respond when you have a moment.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk