• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona 116520 with 4130 - "The movement itself is worth the price."

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Hi do you have a measurement of this case back, the expensive one is thicker than stock by 1mm or so. Yes, just slightly thicker but I'm looking for something more affordable to replace ARF think case back lol. I don't mind solid or display, not that I will take it off put on table for ppl to see anyway.
I’ll get measurements from mine tomorrow - but I think that if you want to replace the thicker ARF caseback, you’ll also have to remove the decorative rotor plate that ARF have added to make it look more like a 4130 movement (the ARF caseback is deeper in order to accommodate it).

Rubberman

Forever young
Patron
Certified
9/12/17
....you’ll also have to remove the decorative rotor plate ....

Yup, I'm aware of that. Still looking for a thinner case back, a kind soul shared with me that a Noob one cost 60 bucks from TD.. not cheap ????

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Yup, I'm aware of that. Still looking for a thinner case back, a kind soul shared with me that a Noob one cost 60 bucks from TD.. not cheap ????

Ouch. Yeah, that’s pricey! I’ve taken some measurements this morning, comparing the Noob caseback (which is close to gen AFAIK) and the cheap display caseback.

NOOB
9978fa801d2bc73ceb5808499018f3a7.jpg

Cheapie display back
2192cfd48a4cfddd532b4aec74f2e50e.jpg

Side by side (cheapie on the left)
60cf94e00c91a2cd397cd8f6aaeb2cd9.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chloec123

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
30/10/19
Does anyone know if there will be a new version after CNY
i noticed on quite a lot of dials there’s a difference in size on the rolex text letters is that just a batch flaw
did have a arf last year but the bezel numbers rubbed off.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
No i never plan to ever go in water with it even though they say it's waterproof, I've just tried fitting the aftermarket clear case and it won't fit properly the seal is completely different size to original to so I've refitted original case for now not sure what the problem is?
BTW, an update related to this. When I took the display back off this morning, I discovered that I used both of the gaskets - the one that came with the caseback (which fits in a groove in the caseback) and the original gasket (which fits in a groove in the case). The caseback was on really tight, and was very hard to unscrew - this seemed to be because the gasket supplied with the caseback had to be compressed considerably to get the caseback flush. So, when I refitted the case I only used the original Noob gasket. The display caseback fitted nicely without it.

(I never attempt to waterproof my reps, as I never have any intention of wearing them in water.)

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Does anyone know if there will be a new version after CNY
i noticed on quite a lot of dials there’s a difference in size on the rolex text letters is that just a batch flaw
did have a arf last year but the bezel numbers rubbed off.

I did see this post. "At the present moment the fat sub dials are back on noob V3" - which sounds like Noob may be messing with the dial spec... :/

Last edited:

Chloec123

INMATE
30/10/19
Ah ok yeah I thought so nearly brought a stock one m2m recently but the dial print put me off.
there was. A lovely Franken with gen dial bezel crystal hands a few weeks ago but they didn’t want to sell to me as I was a newer member
crazy what the gens go for
hopefully they fix it by version 10

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Ah ok yeah I thought so nearly brought a stock one m2m recently but the dial print put me off.
there was. A lovely Franken with gen dial bezel crystal hands a few weeks ago but they didn’t want to sell to me as I was a newer member
crazy what the gens go for
hopefully they fix it by version 10
I also happen to have a lovely Franken with gen dial... It's not for sale tho! :)

Chloec123

INMATE
30/10/19
I also happen to have a lovely Franken with gen dial... It's not for sale tho! :)

haha I’m jealous how much did the dial cost I’ve seen them for around 750 I’m tempted to build one but just brought a gen 116613lb so need to save some funds

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
haha I’m jealous how much did the dial cost I’ve seen them for around 750 I’m tempted to build one but just brought a gen 116613lb so need to save some funds
The dial was 800 euros - the chap who had the watch built (I bought it here M2M) got it from the gen parts site TswissT.

Rubberman

Forever young
Patron
Certified
9/12/17
Ouch. Yeah, that’s pricey! I’ve taken some measurements this morning, comparing the Noob caseback (which is close to gen AFAIK) and the cheap display caseback.

Thanks for your help with the information.

Torque124

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
25/3/21
The Valjoux 7750 is supposed to last around 44 hours.

Hi,
Thanks for the input, I think I"ll get a Noob too soon.. Just as an FYI, my gen Tag Calibre 16 Carrera (Valjoux 7750 ) runs for 51 hours, and supposed to run for 48.
My new rep Rolex VRF 126610 Kermit with 3235 clone runs for about 64 hours ...

It's good to see this 4130 running so well, I am really tempted.

Anyone has any input on how reliable this is, especially with moderate use of the chronometer ?

Many thanks!

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Hi,
Thanks for the input, I think I"ll get a Noob too soon.. Just as an FYI, my gen Tag Calibre 16 Carrera (Valjoux 7750 ) runs for 51 hours, and supposed to run for 48.
My new rep Rolex VRF 126610 Kermit with 3235 clone runs for about 64 hours ...

It's good to see this 4130 running so well, I am really tempted.

Anyone has any input on how reliable this is, especially with moderate use of the chronometer ?

Many thanks!

The inherent design is basically very good, the reliability depends more on quality control and assembly. I've had some that were perfect, one with a completely bent up spring, one with a knackered stem - really does depend on who put them together and how much care they took.

I recommend a service early on. That's saved all of mine. Be aware there are quite a few parts not interchangeable with the gen, contrary to popular belief this is not quite as 1:1 as they claim (although pretty close)

Torque124

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
25/3/21
The inherent design is basically very good, the reliability depends more on quality control and assembly. I've had some that were perfect, one with a completely bent up spring, one with a knackered stem - really does depend on who put them together and how much care they took.

I recommend a service early on. That's saved all of mine. Be aware there are quite a few parts not interchangeable with the gen, contrary to popular belief this is not quite as 1:1 as they claim (although pretty close)

Thanks for the input.. Unfortunately, Trusty said no Noob is available at the moment.. Not sure if it was raided or not.

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Thanks for the input.. Unfortunately, Trusty said no Noob is available at the moment.. Not sure if it was raided or not.
Noob has been raided... There are lots of posts about it where some TDs had suggested it will be closed permanently.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Rehaut19

INMATE
30/12/20

Hi mate, if you need a Noob case back, I have one available!