• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona 116520 with 4130 - "The movement itself is worth the price."

Alexander81

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/4/18
Italy
Isn't the noob the same thickness as gen? I swear I just read that in guru's other post.
I couldn't believe it when I received it.
Yes it is 0.5 taller.
96cd5c1c020a271dc8fd4e8c84a2ddeb.jpg

Inviato dal mio BLA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Thanks for this post!

I also devoured the whole 50 pages of the other Noob vs. ARF post and this summary for sure comes in handy.

I would also propose to come together to find the TDs who can source what ARF parts.

I for example, bought a Gasket ("Clark", Sapphire" off of eBay, which has the right thickness for the Noob Mod)
and an ARF Dial for the 116520 from puretime.

However, puretime was not able to source me an ARF Bezel, or a solo ARF Clasp.

Does anyone know which TD would be able to get the latter?

tmp2018

Renowned Member
28/5/17
for me option 3 and option 5. but i ll leave the arf v1 as it is, because the noob bezel improved and the overall quality is excellent.

the only mods will be a gen dial and saphire caseback.

shotgun

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
5/6/12
EU
12.90????
Why????
Totaly wrong!!
And lug is taller...!

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk

DJ Woody

Known Member
5/8/18
London
for me option 3 and option 5. but i ll leave the arf v1 as it is, because the noob bezel improved and the overall quality is excellent.

the only mods will be a gen dial and saphire caseback.

Where do you plan to get the sapphire case back from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tmp2018

Renowned Member
28/5/17
yes, exactly that one. but hold on before ordering it! i have the problem that it does not sit tight: when i screw /close the sapphire caseback and cross a point, it becomes loose again. anybody else experienced this? any suggestions? (meanwhile i use the noob caseback)

update: it fits perfectly on the arf :facepalm: and it fits on the noob but only without the gasket...:facepalm:

Last edited:

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
yes, exactly that one. but hold on before ordering it! i have the problem that it does not sit tight: when i screw /close the sapphire caseback and cross a point, it becomes loose again. anybody else experienced this? any suggestions? (meanwhile i use the noob caseback)

update: it fits perfectly on the arf :facepalm: and it fits on the noob but only without the gasket...:facepalm:

I have 2 and they fit perfectly, but keep in mind, they are about .7 mm bigger and the size of the daytona will be about 13.1 mm instead of 12.4....

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

Reactions: tmp2018

tmp2018

Renowned Member
28/5/17
good too know, i ll try again. :thinking: yes its bigger but its fun...^^

EunosMX5

Known Member
14/2/19
Sorry to bring this up a little bit after the fact but, reading all this, did the Noob bezel and dial improve to the point where it's viable as a closer alternative? If not, has anyone produced a modded ARF Dial and Bezel that will plug-and-play with the Noob v2 Daytona?

sjpadams

Known Member
14/1/19
Great post thanks v helpful I am going noob 116500

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

KSolid21

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/1/19
I’m also curious to hear about general service experience with these Daytonas. I have a sub with a 2824 movement specifically because I can either swap it or get it easily serviced. At the price point the noob is at, I would want this to be a long term piece with relatively accessible servicing. It may be a pipe dream, but I’d be curious to hear others experience or thoughts.

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
I could probably do more research on this, but does anyone know if the noob movement needs servicing? I know that all the sh movement need servicing relatively soon and typically some Gen parts. Is the noob movement really perfectly oiled and reliable fresh from the factory?

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
Just ordered by 116500 black dial with the updated subdials. Fingers crossed.

hadamokel

11/12/17
Germany
I also built a Noob SA4130 with ARF dial, xtal and clasp. I also added one of the customwatchconcepts sapphire crystal casebacks. My watchsmith did all the work, also the swap in of the caseback, and he reported, that when screwing it down, it does feel lose, but when fully screwed down, it sits dead tight and doesn't come lose. He also tested it for 10 bar pressure resistance, no issues.
It does make the watch a little thicker. Mine now measures 12,9mm, but that caseback is just fantastic!

VutESI.jpg

Vutuur.jpg

VutpQo.jpg

VutbtL.jpg