• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The SELs Dilemma: Noob VS ARF SELs

thestallion

Known Member
10/10/18
London, UK / Rome, Italy
The SELs Dilemma

I felt the same disappointment like many other owners of the Noob V9 when I saw the SELs on my new watch. I read many pages and tried a couple of different fixes but I still think your best bet is to try and install an ARF bracelet on your watch, apparently, it doesn't always work but it partially solved the issue for many people, me included!

Springbars method: This was just a quick fix that I tried.. I swapped the 2mm thick springbars with 1.8mm ones and tried also 1.5mm (way too thin). I don't think this is a viable solution to the problem, the SELs might indeed get lower when the watch is on your wrist but it just doesn't feel right having that movement of the bracelet, and as other users have pointed out it doesn't give the proper curvature to the SELs anyway. I'd exclude this solution a priori.

Aluminum tape on thin spring bars: I tried this as well but it didn't really help in my case, I don't have the link anymore to the RWI thread but one user basically layered aluminum tape on thinner spring bars to try and get the right position and curvature of the SELs. Again, I don't think this is a proper solution to the dilemma, you will still feel that the spring bars are not the correct ones (there is though less movement than just swapping spring bars) and the SELs situation didn't improve that much compared to the solution above.

Plastic mod and its derivatives: This was the best result out of the 3.. using thinner spring bars (1.8mm) and using some plastic or insulation tape on the bottom of the bracelet end, but still for me the problem is that I hated picking up the watch and feeling that movement due to the thinner spring bars, and again this improves the overall situation of the SELs but when looking closer it's noticeable the fact that the whole SEL sits lower and obviously this mod doesn't change the actual curvature of the end link.

Consume the SELs (grinding it to change the shape): I didn't have the equipment and opportunity to try this mod :)

ARF bracelet: Installing an ARF bracelet on my Noob V9 gave me a sense of inner peace :D This is not the perfect solution to the issue, as mentioned it might not work for everyone. The only downside in my case is that on one end of the bracelet there is a very slight lateral movement, as probably the Noob bracelet was 0.XXmm wider, this is not something that bothers me as it's not noticeable unless you shake the very top of the bracelet, and it just happens on one end of the bracelet while the other one doesn't have any movement. Sadly in my case the ARF bracelet didn't fix all the SELs, one or two still don't look great but they definitely improved a lot compared to when I had the Noob bracelet.

The purpose of this topic was to help other users that are suffering for the SELs, I've also seen some gens having not good looking SELs (usually due to wear & tear and not great care of the watch by the owner)! :D

Noob Bracelet (V9 904L Stainless Steel) on Noob V9 case

lyLCL.jpg

lyjTo.jpg

ly7EI.jpg

lyT9r.jpg

lyi3F.jpg

lyNC0.jpg

ARF Bracelet (last version, 904L Stainless Steel) on Noob V9 case

lyfT6.jpg

lyo6q.jpg

ly99G.jpg

lys3y.jpg

lyeQa.jpg

lynSg.jpg

lyc6R.jpg

Reactions: watchboi and vcappp

Bazingaz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/1/16
France
Thanks for sharing! A lot of discussions going on regarding the V9 bracelet.. What about previous noob versions of the bracelet?

Envoyé de mon SM-G960F en utilisant Tapatalk

thestallion

Known Member
10/10/18
London, UK / Rome, Italy
Thanks for sharing! A lot of discussions going on regarding the V9 bracelet.. What about previous noob versions of the bracelet?

Good point! I didn't have the opportunity to try on previous Noob versions, if those improved the SELs then I'm wondering how did Noob manage to make it worse with new versions.. maybe it was just made on purpose so now they can make a V10 and the addition will be good SELs :hypnotized:

Reactions: Bazingaz

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
I was happy during my pre-SEL obsession life, so happy... then it started and costed me a lot to overcome it (2 genuine watches!!), now I am happy but less loaded lolololol

Bazingaz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/1/16
France
That's what I got, but unfortunately the crown on my clasp is a bit off (not well centered) ... But the rest is great! I wonder if I can fix it or just buy another clasp ????

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
If it makes you feel any better the ARF bracelet on the ARF case isn’t great either.

Mine looks OK but is pretty loose fitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thestallion

Known Member
10/10/18
London, UK / Rome, Italy
That's what I got, but unfortunately the crown on my clasp is a bit off (not well centered) ... But the rest is great! I wonder if I can fix it or just buy another clasp ????

My V9 Clasp is a bit off center as well but I'm not that bothered. It's still better than the ARF clasp I received, even though that one is centered.

baetona

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/3/20

I had the same issue noob v9 SEL. I have ARF, noob v9, and zzf v2 bracelets. I used zzf v2 bracelet non removable links with noob v9 removable links and clasp. I like the way zzfv2 SEL fit on noob v9 case IMO.