• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DD40 8, 16, 32, even 80 GRAMS GOLD!??

timepiecefinatic

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/12/18
so i’ve been talking to this Rep Dealer he seems to have been doing this for a long time big following I was sourcing the DD40 from him in YG silver roman as we we’re talking numbers his prices seemed inflated to me I ask him why he says his rep is not gold wrapped instead he gets it from factory and has them 18k gold coated with 8, 16, 32, EVEN 80 GRAMS OF GOLD!?!?!?. he shows me a Sub black face solid gold color on scale shows 178grams. has anyone heard of such things and does anyone know what the sub rep all gold wrap vs plated weighs vs what he’s saying ? says to take the watch to any jeweler and have it verified upon purchase ? what’s the pros thoughts Versaceboy54

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
No punctuation - I gave up after the first 17 words.

Reactions: MonsieurMax

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
What is your question ? YG silver?! roman or DD 80grams gold? A plated & wrapped all gold REP SUB has an equal weight of 160grams all linkes included. GEN is 215grams. White gold 230grams. Any increased weight, like 178grams, is added by gluing something heavy on the inside if the caseback. Stop with this nonsense and deal with our TDs only.

timepiecefinatic

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/12/18
johnlogan the seller was saying he gets a DD40 YG or RG from BP or Noob factory and has them coated with 8 -80 grams of REAL 18k GOLD. He charges anywhere from 200-4000 US dollars for this service. My question was has anyone ever heard of a such thing or is this bullshit?

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I bet he wraps the cases up in leaves of pure gold harvested from the Golden Mangroves that he has at the bottom of his garden.

Reactions: johnlogan

corleone911

6/11/17
How shell he wrap it after the watch is once build together?

This treatment is made with high Temperatur and high pressure. Only possible if the watch is totally in single pieces!

Reactions: timepiecefinatic

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
johnlogan the seller was saying he gets a DD40 YG or RG from BP or Noob factory and has them coated with 8 -80 grams of REAL 18k GOLD. He charges anywhere from 200-4000 US dollars for this service. My question was has anyone ever heard of a such thing or is this bullshit?

If you wrapped a watch with 80g of gold firstly it wouldnt fit together due to the size increase and secondly it would visibly look bigger and therefore wrong. Complete bs if you ask me

Reactions: timepiecefinatic