• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

TD listing doesn’t list what factory?

timepiecefinatic

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/12/18
so I was looking on a TD website but the titles don’t always say what factory watch was made so how do you determine what factory it comes from ???

thanks in advance

timepiecefinatic

4/12/18
Hor-Fan I did email TD he said most 90% of the watches that don’t have description are BP but that doesn’t give u definitive answer really

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
If he's not providing information to your satisfaction, you might try another TD.
If the reps you're inquiring about are "economy" reps then they may be from no-name factories and the TD is just saying BP as a catch-all

Reactions: timepiecefinatic

timepiecefinatic

4/12/18
he is one of the main TD recommended from this sight i don’t wanna name anyone don’t wanna throw anyone under the bus not even sure if that’s against rules. but i’m looking for a daydate ii 41 from Noob or BP my biggest thing is movement i’ve read many threads his links say swiss eta 2836-2 and watches are 280-380 roughly or it gives u option for asian 2836 for 50 less. does this sound legit ? I thought swiss eta watches are more in cost and much more reliable ? he also has asian3255 which seem to go for more. so from what I read It seems people like swiss eta 2836-2 better than 3255 asian but he made it seem like the 3255 is superior ? very confused lol

Hor-Fan

Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
Don't ever go for the "Swiss Eta", stick with the clone. The 3235 is a clone of the actual Rolex movement . If you want reliability and ease of service get the 2836, if you're a stickler for gen specs get the 3235

Last edited:

timepiecefinatic

4/12/18
ya I was reading the 2836 is reliable and easy to service with interchangeable parts and I was reading the 3255 is the same with a fancy beauty cover ? I definitely like the sound of reliability and easy service I would hate for it breaking down me always. another factor that’s tricky is I always read Noob and AR make some of the best reps but when it comes to the Daydate 41 the Bp may be superior especially if you go with RG or YG as it is thicker and more durable is this true ?

Hor-Fan

Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
There is endless debate on the gold models, wrapped vs. plating, different plating thickness, actual gold content, etc. I'm pretty much a stainless guy so I don't really keep up with it.

timepiecefinatic

4/12/18
Hor-Fan I totally agree. you know I was giving up being new to the site lol. this was the first post I made that was very informative honestly thank you for your help

Reactions: Hor-Fan