• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

TC V6 Bezel inquiry

123krutzig

Supporter
Certified
30/1/17
Hello to all the TC fans out there - quick question for you guys:

Just picked up a TC V6 16610LN Rouge and tried to put in three separate gen LN inserts and none of them snapped in as expected. Furthermore, the current TC insert sits every so slightly below the bezel ring inner edge closest to the insert, causing an edged feel all the way around in the bezel ring.

my other TC V6 didn’t have any issues with a gen insert fitting. Any thoughts or suggestions to get it to fit?

5ive-Digits-0nly

*Motoring Enthusiast*
Certified
19/10/13
Everywhere
All of my TC subs have had inserts that sit slightly beneath the bezel ring. Two options really. First is you sand down the bezel ring. Second is you sand the insert (not recommended). And yet a third option seemingly out of nowhere - leave it as is. It’s really not worth it as TCs insert was (and I still believe is) considered very close to Gen and not necessary to have upgrade.

My $0.02~

Reactions: Captainunderpants

123krutzig

Supporter
Certified
30/1/17
speedy1969 I agree with some of your reasoning to just leave it alone. But isn’t the TC V6 supposed to be able to fit a gen insert without modifications? I think that is now more my concern, why doesn’t a gen insert fit on a TC V6?

5ive-Digits-0nly

*Motoring Enthusiast*
Certified
19/10/13
Everywhere
123krutzig Speaking to your case in particular I’m surprised it doesn’t fit. You’re right. TC designed every component of his sub to be interchangeable with Gen parts. I am a bit surprised that it’s being so difficult. This may be a rare case, but my inserts have always fit. The nature of bezel inserts though, as I’m sure you’re aware, requires that you really press them into the ring with additive pressure and sort of work around the entire “circle” - can be a real pain in the ass.

Good luck friend