• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CeraMeister vs Spongebob Review (Side-by-side comparison w/ pics)

John

Watchful
Certified
10/1/17
Hello everyone,

So while I was building my new v9, I originally decided to purchase a CeraMeister insert. However, later on, my perfectionism got in the way and, in the end, I decided to go with a Spongebob insert (modded stock v9) instead. Unfortunately, it was too late to refund the CeraMeister so now I'm stuck with both. However, I will be making a post to sell it on the M2M section quite soon to anyone who is interested. As such, being in the rare position of owning both at the same time, I thought it might be helpful to conduct a very brief review of both inserts with side-by-side comparison photos for other members to see as well.

Anyways, lets get right into it:

COST:

CeraMeister = USD$ 140 + shipping

Spongebob = USD$ 300 + shipping or USD$ 220 if you send in your stock v9 insert

In terms of cost, the CeraMeister is definitely more affordable. However, if you want the look and luxury of real platinum, then Spongebob is the way to go. I'm not sure what material is used for the CeraMeister. If anyone know, feel free to share.

DIFFERENCES:

- The color on the CeraMeister looked more silvery than creamy white in real life. This is also somewhat evident in the photos.

- Spongebob also bevels the edges of the numerals, which makes the insert look noticeably higher quality

- The color of the pearls on each insert is also noticeably different. The one on the CeraMeister looks more silvery, whereas the one on the Spongebob is more creamy white.

CONCLUSION:

Overall, if it were the difference between a stock v9 or a CeraMeister, I think it's definitely worth upgrading. However, Spongebob still comes out ahead if you are willing to spend the money for it.

Here are the photos, enjoy!

l3Twf.png

l37pX.png

l3jdp.png

l3Lns.png

l3irQ.png

John

Watchful
Certified
10/1/17
Macro shots?

I tried taking macro shots with my old DSLR but I don't have the right lens for it. I'll try again later tonight with my iPhone camera and see if that works tonight though!

John

Watchful
Certified
10/1/17
One more photo in natural daylight. Left is CeraMeister, right is Spongebob.

8WKpq.png

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
It’s costly and a lot of patience but spongebob mod is worth its weight in gold. Guy does do a great job and the result it awesome.

Reactions: johnlogan

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
Thank you for the review John
Cerameister cannot really compete with sponge but it also costs less which is fair.
Only USD Plating does the same modifications as sponge and it costs less, so would be great to compare them both;)