• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 904L Blue Two Tone video out now what do you think?

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
For the price, very good watch. Yes, there are flaws but I was impressed.

Kingcac

Known Member
4/12/18
Detroit
Really want to order this but the side links.. ugh

Hello, new member here. 1st post, been reading for months.

I've been studying the photos and I really couldn't figure out the side links like most members here stated. Can you someone help with more detail. I'm horrible at details. Thank you.

JDM180

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/9/13
Yup bezel looks brilliant , and it's nice to see they have used the correct crown for gold models. But the damn link and sel sides !!

I'm itching to order one just to compare it to the others and gen but just ordered 4 other watches so need some recovery time ha

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15

I've been studying the photos and I really couldn't figure out the side links like most members here stated. Can you someone help with more detail. I'm horrible at details. Thank you.

Hello and welcome.

The part I’ve circled is bare steel on the Rep.

The genuine is solid 18 carat gold so to some people it’s an obvious sign that it’s a replica.

154cfd2498c243ea6c50721fc9cb6bba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: reptime101

dc2_bb6_cu2

Renowned Member
18/6/17

Welcome. On the SELs (solid end links), replica manufacturers often omit plating the sides of the center polished section.

Don’t know what I’m talking about? Yea, neither will 99.99% of people out there, including watch enthusiasts who spot your watch at a distance. People here on RWI love to obsess about it but in a practical sense it should be among the least of your worries.

I wore a JF 116613LB for a while with bare SELs. Hardly noticeable while wearing it, let alone on the wrist at a distance.

If they say ARF is just a ramped up JF, then this watch definitely has my attention.

reptime101

15/9/18
Hello and welcome.

The genuine is solid 18 carat gold so to some people it’s an obvious sign that it’s a replica.

Well if you wore this watch with a leather strap would it be considered a super rep ahaha

Kingcac

Known Member
4/12/18
Detroit
Hello and welcome.

Thank you...You guys are a different breed on here. LOL. I just read the whole thing on SEL in the other thread. SMH, that's all I can say.

1 more question if you don't mind: Is there a model out there that doesn't have this flaw? Now I can't stop staring at it..

Dan8888

Known Member
13/2/16
Same old burple color of the dial in the first seconds of the video :(

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
Thank you...You guys are a different breed on here. LOL. I just read the whole thing on SEL in the other thread. SMH, that's all I can say.

1 more question if you don't mind: Is there a model out there that doesn't have this flaw? Now I can't stop staring at it..

The VRF doesn’t have this issue. Currently it’s the only one that doesn’t have it. (Besides the hard to find Watch Archive Loco Louie version) It’s the use of a cheaper one piece solid end like that’s the problem. If you use a 3 piece sel like the VRF you can plate or wrap the center section before assembly and you don’t have bare sel sides. It’s more expensive to do this, and many people just buy the bare side model. It’s cheaper and doesn’t bug them. It drives me nuts. Wish it didn’t but it does.

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
video quality is superb, wow, and this watch looks effin perfect EXCEPT the friggin bare side links...aaahhhh.

Not only bare side links. Look at date font. It’s too thin.

Bendori

2/5/16
Welcome. On the SELs (solid end links), replica manufacturers often omit plating the sides of the center polished section.

Don’t know what I’m talking about? Yea, neither will 99.99% of people out there, including watch enthusiasts who spot your watch at a distance. People here on RWI love to obsess about it but in a practical sense it should be among the least of your worries.

I wore a JF 116613LB for a while with bare SELs. Hardly noticeable while wearing it, let alone on the wrist at a distance.

If they say ARF is just a ramped up JF, then this watch definitely has my attention.

Wait I’m a little confused. Was it only the Solid End Links that have bare sides? I thought EVERY centre link has barr sides?

Sent from the RWI App