• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Change my mind - I'm thinking of adding a green date wheel to my JF Kermit

CanRep

13/10/18
As the title says, I am thinking about adding a green text date wheel to my newly acquired JF 16610 Kermit. I know it's not in line with the authentic one, but I think it would look slick. Also, because it's nothing like the Gen, I don't care if it's a real Rolex DW.

Question is, what are peoples thoughts (I'm easily influenced) ? And for a plot twist, I'd do it myself and have never taken apart a watch. Yes, I know I'm crazy.

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
I think it's a cool idea, and many gen owners mod their gens. Is the green datewheel "roulette" style? Or are all dates in green?

I would be afraid to do this on my own though!

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Do it if you like it.

If you try yourself you might have fun but be prepared to screw thungs up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CanRep

13/10/18
Do it. Question is what color of green?
or do a green font date wheel.
I am thinking the white wheel with green font. Would be subtle but still slick!
​​​​​

I think it's a cool idea, and many gen owners mod their gens. Is the green datewheel "roulette" style? Or are all dates in green?

I would be afraid to do this on my own though!

Hmmmmm.....now you got me thinking. A green/black roulette wheel would be pretty cool, or even a red/green if either of those exist (Im not really sure)

Do it if you like it.

If you try yourself you might have fun but be prepared to screw thungs up

Ya, Im wondering if I should mess around with another cheapy first or get someone here to install it for me to save destroying it lol.

Go for red and wear it only in December!

I gotta see if they have a red/green roulette style. That would be perfect for Christmas!

In any case, are there any contacts here who make rep date wheels that I could purchase? Ive looked all over the sales section but cant find anything, and I have heard others use names like Yuki? for things like dials. If there is a section here that someone could point me to, that would be sweet!

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
CanRep you will scratch and break so many parts trying to do it. Keyless BANG! Hands and dial SCRATCH! Date mechanism SNAP!

Lol start with cheapies and start collecting tools, they are expensive for good ones.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
As the title says, I am thinking about adding a green text date wheel to my newly acquired JF 16610 Kermit. I know it's not in line with the authentic one, but I think it would look slick. Also, because it's nothing like the Gen, I don't care if it's a real Rolex DW.

Question is, what are peoples thoughts (I'm easily influenced) ? And for a plot twist, I'd do it myself and have never taken apart a watch. Yes, I know I'm crazy.

MrBeasy has a Franken GMT with a green datewheel that looks awesome. Maybe he would post it here.

CanRep

13/10/18
Maron thanks mate. I think you are right, so I actually just picked up a 2836 and parts here to mess around with and leave mine for the time being based on your thoughts. I will feel gutted if I scratch the hands or dial, and just learned what the keyless was this week lol.

I will hold off on mine and mess around with this new parts watch for the time being!

Reactions: Maron