• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF Blue Two Tone Submariner

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
Why? I thought it helps other members decide what to buy?

No - you need to read the forum rules. (However, I see you've been a member on here for 12 years and have posted 8 times, so I guess forum rules may have passed you by....)

You can request comments on QC pics if you have identified a specific issue that concerns you - you CANNOT just post a generic set of QC pics and ask for comments.

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
Why? I thought it helps other members decide what to buy?

Forum rules, it's forbidden to ask for QC before you accept it, otherwise everyone would spam the forum with QC pics. No problem for me since this is a relatively rare model to come by but the mods might ban you if you ask for QC approval in the future ;)

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
It's OK to post QC pics after you've approved the watch.

For those thinking about mixing different factories' parts, the shade of gold on the VRF is noticeably different than some others like the ARF and Noob. The VRF is almost OG (orange gold) while Noob and ARF are more YG. The Noob is especially light.

Here's a pic of VRF and Noob bracelets.

15540633121100.jpg

Faven

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/2/19
Germany
It's OK to post QC pics after you've approved the watch.

For those thinking about mixing different factories' parts, the shade of gold on the VRF is noticeably different than some others like the ARF and Noob. The VRF is almost OG (orange gold) while Noob and ARF are more YG. The Noob is especially light.

Here's a pic of VRF and Noob bracelets.

15540633121100.jpg
Any idea which one is closer to gen? I mean Noob/ARF is plated and VRF is wrapped which probably looks closer to gen, but I haven't seen any comparison pictures myself yet, but I'm new here so...

Reactions: Vox Optimatium

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Any idea which one is closer to gen? I mean Noob/ARF is plated and VRF is wrapped which probably looks closer to gen, but I haven't seen any comparison pictures myself yet, but I'm new here so...

The VRF is closer to gen IMO, but it's darker than the gen so you have to choose. Do you want it a "little" darker, or do you want it a "little more" lighter. Here's a post with a side by side VRF & gen. If you look closely at the VRF clasp and one of the bracelet pics, you can see what appears to me to be evidence of polishing, which turns OG toward RG.

https://www.repgeek.com/rolex/293161-vrf-116613lb-post3080781.html#post3080781

Reactions: Faven and Rolemars

Jonj480

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
3/11/14
All of these TT reps are plated extremely thin. If it is wrapped or plated, doesn’t make a difference. The wrapped ones tend to look better, but they all have an extr melt thin... like EXTREMELY thin top layer of the color, with a more coppery alloy underneath. The only real difference is the side of the SEL or the midlinks. The top layer is so thin it almost wipes off with cape cod. I have brushed and polished a ton of these bracelets over time and they all look different after a polish. The only ones that look good are WM9 and TC. They actually plated with gold. The only real difference is what’s underneath the top layer.

Reactions: Faven and KJ2020

Faven

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/2/19
Germany
The VRF is closer to gen IMO, but it's darker than the gen so you have to choose. Do you want it a "little" darker, or do you want it a "little more" lighter. Here's a post with a side by side VRF & gen. If you look closely at the VRF clasp and one of the bracelet pics, you can see what appears to me to be evidence of polishing, which turns OG toward RG.

Thanks, really appreciated, it is pretty noticeable I guess, but it also depends a lot on the lighting. It is still a nice piece to have in my opinion and I like the VRF version the most out of all available options. :)

jampo

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
21/11/17

VRF is even bigger than gen, the dial is crap and the blue color of the bezelinsert is way off i dont like it...

jampo

Banned
21/11/17

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
VRF is even bigger than gen, the dial is crap and the blue color of the bezelinsert is way off i dont like it...

That's just an optical illusion because of the angle of the photograph - the VRF isn't "bigger" at all.

Reactions: KJ2020

jampo

Banned
21/11/17
That's just an optical illusion because of the angle of the photograph - the VRF isn't "bigger" at all.

it is just asked a friend and his VRF is 2mm bigger than gen.
But nvm even NooB has 1mm longer lugs on some versions of the v9

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
it is just asked a friend and his VRF is 2mm bigger than gen.
But nvm even NooB has 1mm longer lugs on some versions of the v9

Ask your friend what he has been smoking. I have had a gen and a VRF side by side - they are identical.

If your friend is so convinced he can measure a difference, ask him to show some pics with a ruler to prove it.

Reactions: Faven

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Sounds like somebody's over-compensating, hehe.

jampo

Banned
21/11/17
Ask your friend what he has been smoking. I have had a gen and a VRF side by side - they are identical.

If your friend is so convinced he can measure a difference, ask him to show some pics with a ruler to prove it.

he is a watchmaker just for your info :)