• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF Blue Two Tone Submariner

PigIron

Patron
13/2/19
CONUS
I have the ARF and I hate the color of the gold it’s way to yellow. From the pic of the gmf above the gold color seems to be much lighter. I can deal with some other thing not being perfect but the gold on mine just seems to be way off.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Aston

RWG mod Chiquita Fanjita
Supporter
1/9/11
vince_hiro I would get the VRF Max over the GMF. The dial looks too purple on the GMF and the blue of the bezel less accurate.

I currently have a VRF Max and I know what you mean about the dial print being too obvious and not easily visible.

PigIron from your pics I don’t think the gold looks too bad. The watch in general looks really good. The only thing that annoys me is the crown sitting too proud from the case, but yours doesn’t look that bad.

Reactions: Rolemars

vince_hiro

Renowned Member
14/7/16
PigIron the watch dial pic is a NICE...

Aston I saw a vrf max on sale in the forum just that seller didn't post any datewheel pic of the watch. i saw a jf one available at my local dealer but the dw part the date is too bold already, if not.. that the watch.

Aston

RWG mod Chiquita Fanjita
Supporter
1/9/11
PigIron the watch dial pic is a NICE...

Aston I saw a vrf max on sale in the forum just that seller didn't post any datewheel pic of the watch. i saw a jf one available at my local dealer but the dw part the date is too bold already, if not.. that the watch.

The DWO isn't too bad on the VRF, but the DWO on the JF is rather bold. In general though the JF is a fantastic watch. I had one before I got the VRF Max and sold it, and actually tried to buy another but they seem to be no longer available I was told, so decided to go with the ARF.

vince_hiro

Renowned Member
14/7/16
Aston i sse the pic on the vrf. the date is oind of to the left side. maybe on and off they always have such issues. Was thinking of the JF and get a gen. DW and swap it over. It works right, gen. DW direct swap over on thw JF. hahaha..

Aston

RWG mod Chiquita Fanjita
Supporter
1/9/11
Aston i sse the pic on the vrf. the date is oind of to the left side. maybe on and off they always have such issues. Was thinking of the JF and get a gen. DW and swap it over. It works right, gen. DW direct swap over on thw JF. hahaha..

Yeah, you can swap the DWO for a gen one on the JF.

Rustyrust

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/5/18
Damn, the ARF gold looks way too yellow, almost bought one but it was out of stock

I have gen dial, hands, insert and crown. Which would be the best base for a LB franken? Since I have all the gen parts I am only focusing on case shape and bracelet color...

BP has a new wrapped LB in 904L

capture20190325213606218.png

GMF seems to have good case shape

capture20190325213554015.png

JTSWE

19/2/17
I have it

Put the app dosent alow me to post pictures

Skickat från min iPhone med RWI

wristonfire123

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
27/12/18
United Kingdom
Damn, the ARF gold looks way too yellow, almost bought one but it was out of stock

I have gen dial, hands, insert and crown. Which would be the best base for a LB franken? Since I have all the gen parts I am only focusing on case shape and bracelet color...

The BP looks like it’s got wrapped SEL’s too. I don’t know too much about case shape etc but the SEL’s are an instant tell. I think that makes BP the first 904L bracelet with painted sells you can buy. - Only downside is the SA3135 rather than SH3135.

Sent from the RWI App

Aston

RWG mod Chiquita Fanjita
Supporter
1/9/11

To get the gen dial and hands and possibly crown to fit without any problems, you would need an SH3135 movement which these two don't have. I am also building a Franken and that's why I'm still awaiting the ARF as it has the SH3135 v2 movement. I originally wanted another JF with the SH3135 movement, but apparently these are no longer available. As none of the original gold from the ARF will exist on the final Franken watch, I am not too concerned about if it is too yellow.

wristonfire123

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
27/12/18
United Kingdom
To get the gen dial and hands and possibly crown to fit without any problems, you would need an SH3135 movement which these two don't have. I am also building a Franken and that's why I'm still awaiting the ARF as it has the SH3135 v2 movement. I originally wanted another JF with the SH3135 movement, but apparently these are no longer available. As none of the original gold from the ARF will exist on the final Franken watch, I am not too concerned about if it is too yellow.

What are you planning to do for the bracelet and crown?

I think the ARF crown is too shallow, that’s why it seems to appear to sit proud on them. All others, VRF, Noob etc all seem wider. I’ve compared to a GMT master 2 rep that I’ve got and even a 115613 LN (gen) that I was window shopping and my theory seems to check out.

Anyone care to weigh in?

Sent from the RWI App