• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF Blue Two Tone Submariner

ziggycharly

17/6/17
robinstyler looks good dude. Gold looks good in photos how about real life?

Is it true the ARF v3 has an upgraded crystal with more of a black hole?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

robinstyler

Renowned Member
4/7/16
robinstyler looks good dude. Gold looks good in photos how about real life?

Is it true the ARF v3 has an upgraded crystal with more of a black hole?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

I couldnt tell you about the black hole as im bad at spotting these things. But the gold color looks very nice in real life.

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
I bought this ARF one on M2M about 3 weeks ago (no need to say I love it), without bracelet so head only.

Can anyone tell me wich version it is?

Thank you all
802a18b7b45d0d35bd2a812354f35791.jpg

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

immortalchef

10/3/19
Ontario, Canada
I just purchased the 116613 LN ARF V3. Would the Submariner GMF wrapped strap fit on the ARF case? Puretime said they could source me the strap for $288, reluctant to drop that cash on a strap if it doesn't actually fit on ARF

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I just purchased the 116613 LN ARF V3. Would the Submariner GMF wrapped strap fit on the ARF case? Puretime said they could source me the strap for $288, reluctant to drop that cash on a strap if it doesn't actually fit on ARF

No, the GMF bracelet will not fit well on an ARF case, the SEL does not mate well - rocking and slight gap.

Reactions: immortalchef

immortalchef

10/3/19
Ontario, Canada
No, the GMF bracelet will not fit well on an ARF case, the SEL does not mate well - rocking and slight gap.

That's too bad, appreciate the insight! Thanks!

Looks like I'll have to baby this watch or just get an new arf strap down the line if the plating wears over time :megalol:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
That's too bad, appreciate the insight! Thanks!

Looks like I'll have to baby this watch or just get an new arf strap down the line if the plating wears over time :megalol:

You can put some cell phone screen protective squares on the bottom PCL's (links and clasp) - I've done this on a few watches. I posted 5-6 pics of me doing it on a 16613LB but I can't find the post now. There are actually kits sold to do this to the entire bracelet and clasp PCL's but you can cut your own out of cell phone screen material. It's easy to do, just a little tedious cutting out the squares. You can't even really tell they are there.

15631406044792.jpg

15631406044151.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Dissemination

immortalchef

10/3/19
Ontario, Canada
I saw a thread were someone took the arf endlinks and fit them to the Gmf bracelet
https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...116613lb-build

This is Noob V9 case with a hybrid ARF/BP bracelet. In general I've seen SS Noob Submariners accept ARF bracelets. What about the other way around?

Noob has Two Tone Sub with wrapped mid links, I'm wondering if that might be a solution to get a wrapped bracelet onto an ARF. Would be curious about SEL gaps if anyone has tried that?

I've remember reading somewhere VRF bracelets are too narrow for ARF case so that's also a no go.

Last edited:

Renowned Member
9/12/18
You can put some cell phone screen protective squares on the bottom PCL's (links and clasp) - I've done this on a few watches. I posted 5-6 pics of me doing it on a 16613LB but I can't find the post now. There are actually kits sold to do this to the entire bracelet and clasp PCL's but you can cut your own out of cell phone screen material. It's easy to do, just a little tedious cutting out the squares. You can't even really tell they are there.

15631406044792.jpg

15631406044151.jpg

Bro, thanks for the good advise!! I just ordered some phone screen and I will post some pictures after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020

up2wind

Supporter
Certified
9/6/19
Bro, thanks for the good advise!! I just ordered some phone screen and I will post some pictures after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mind to share how to crop the shape out?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Mind to share how to crop the shape out?

You have to cut them out individually. Easiest way for me is using curved manicureing scissors. Its a little tedious and painstaking but WELL worth the effort IMO. I am hyper intolerant of scratches and you can't really polish them out on a "gold" rep. I just finished doing another one a couple nights ago. You can't even tell it's on there unless you know it and look closely for it. I only do the clasp and two links either side.

You can buy ready made kits to do this, pre-cut pieces for all PCL surfaces. They are a little pricey for a rep, ~$125 I think. I would definitely do that on a gen if I had one.

WmfVo.jpg

WHTdL.jpg

WHPIQ.jpg

WHCZS.jpg

WHluW.jpg

WHQnP.jpg

WHBhJ.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Dissemination

robinstyler

Renowned Member
4/7/16
You have to cut them out individually. Easiest way for me is using curved manicureing scissors. Its a little tedious and painstaking but WELL worth the effort IMO. I am hyper intolerant of scratches and you can't really polish them out on a "gold" rep. I just finished doing another one a couple nights ago. You can't even tell it's on there unless you know it and look closely for it. I only do the clasp and two links either side.

You can buy ready made kits to do this, pre-cut pieces for all PCL surfaces. They are a little pricey for a rep, ~$125 I think. I would definitely do that on a gen if I had one.

WmfVo.jpg

WHTdL.jpg

WHPIQ.jpg

WHCZS.jpg

WHluW.jpg

WHQnP.jpg

WHBhJ.jpg

Nice work. My 116613 is crying right now as I’m not doing this to it :D I just got a big fat scratch onto it after 1 week and it’s not looking too good ;( But hey, the gold is still shining through so I guess the plating is not as thin as some people might think. (Scratch doesn’t look so deep on the pic but trust me, it’s easily visible with the naked eye so it’s not that small)
WoOLE.jpg