Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

ARF Blue Two Tone Submariner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

arf makes the vrf look like a toy watch. lol

Comment

Received QC Image for ARF

Both rejected because the Date wheel font is not the same with TD website.

I'm not sure whether the bold font is quite common for ARF..I plan to cancel/replace the ordering with other model is the date wheel is common for ARF 2 tone.

Last edited by frosterosen; 23-04-19, 10:15.

Comment

Holy crap, that font is the worst I've ever seen. The cyclops is off. Also the insert looks too bright and the dial looks almost plain blue like the white gold "smurf", not sunburst (I know gen has both variants). Sure that one is ARF? If so, must be one of the earlier ones.
        JF V5 15400OR
        JF V3 15400ST
        JF 116613 LB
        WTB: Ceramic Submariner 116610 ARF, Noob v9 or Franken!

Comment

Feedback from TD that the factory only can provide ARF with that kind of datewheel.

ARF from Hero to Zero.

Comment

Originally posted by frosterosen View Post
            Received QC Image for ARF

Both rejected because the Date wheel font is not the same with TD website.

I'm not sure whether the bold font is quite common for ARF..I plan to cancel/replace the ordering with other model is the date wheel is common for ARF 2 tone.

That looks completely different from my ARF below. You can see the DWO on mine is bold but nowhere near as in your face as that shown on your QC pics. Also as ruimpinho says, the dial looks quite different and the cyclops is squint. Suppose the dial could be down to the lighting though.

Comment

I'm not so sure whether TD try the luck to give different watch to their customer..Plus i'm one of their regular customer.

Payment refunded by TD, unfortunately my TD cannot source ARF Blue Sub 2 Tone with decent date wheel.
              Last edited by frosterosen; 23-04-19, 11:10.

Comment

Originally posted by frosterosen View Post
                I'm not so sure whether TD try the luck to give different watch to their customer..Plus i'm one of their regular customer.

Payment refunded by TD, unfortunately my TD cannot source ARF Blue Sub 2 Tone with decent date wheel.
                I think the one you showed is ARF. They are known for using really bold fonts. Maybe it's a very old batch. I would only get a new ARF if it had gold sided SEL's and nice insert color like the one Aston has
                JF V5 15400OR
                JF V3 15400ST
                JF 116613 LB
                WTB: Ceramic Submariner 116610 ARF, Noob v9 or Franken!

Comment

If it is from an old batch of ARF's, then the upside of it is that the crown sits nicely and not sitting proud of the case like the usual early ARF's.

Comment

I was looking at the ARF but given frosterosen's recent experience I'm considering Noob's offering. Does anyone know if the mid links are gold wrapped on the sides of the Noob? Is there anything I'm missing here on why people seem to go for the ARF or VRF over the Noob? The Vrf's gold to my eyes is just a shade too deep and orange.

https://puretime.io/submariner-11661...-a2836-v8.html

Also there is the GMF and JF options to consider. Would love ifAston or jampo or Pelagic or anyone with deep knowledge of the bluesy could give their insight. Thanks all and thanks to the folks at RWI for a great resource and keeping the lights on. I've been looking at this forum for about a month now and only joined today. I want to contribute in any way I can.

This will be my first rep purchase as my funds for a gen just aren't there. Also my AD gave me a very long waiting period for a TT sub when I asked a few months ago. So here I am. Thanks again.

Comment

There were a couple of JFs listed for sale on M2M as recently as yesterday. Widely regarded as the best insert. I had a VRF and agree the gold was toward orange. Pretty sure I am going to order a Noob soon.
                      We are all related in time since time is relative to us all.

Comment

I like, very good watch!!!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

KJ2020 Thanks for the heads up on the JF insert. So you know, I read the gold on the Noob mid links don't go all the way around on the sides. Which isn't great if true. Hard to believe they wouldn't wrap the whole way but that what was said by another member on this forum. Is there anyone who knows for sure?

Am I overthinking this!?

Also, besides the JF GMF ARF there's also the BP to consider but I'm not sure which one everyone seems to be talking about in other threads. I'm usually fairly good at sorting the wood from the trees but this is a minefield with lots of conflicting information.

I might just go Noob and be done.

Comment

Originally posted by KJ2020 View Post
                            There were a couple of JFs listed for sale on M2M as recently as yesterday. Widely regarded as the best insert. I had a VRF and agree the gold was toward orange. Pretty sure I am going to order a Noob soon.
                            JF looks really good.

https://puretime.io/submariner-11661...et-sh3135.html

SH3135 movement can be less than ideal from what I've read but can be serviced.

Only question is the finish of the SELs and the wrapping of the mid links on sides. Any knowledgeable members on this?

Comment

Originally posted by FourAP View Post

JF looks really good.

https://puretime.io/submariner-11661...et-sh3135.html

SH3135 movement can be less than ideal from what I've read but can be serviced.

Only question is the finish of the SELs and the wrapping of the mid links on sides. Any knowledgeable members on this?
                              Just look at the video on Puretime and you'll see that the side of the middle links are not gold

Comment

FourAP I’ve also had the BP and JF versions as well as the VRF Max and ARF.

The BP was my second 116613LB after a cheap 21j taster version and at first I loved it, but the dial was too purple and the end links were silver, so I then got the JF with the SH3135 and it was fantastic although it still had silver endlinks but the side of the midlinks were gold. It was one of the better versions out there and is a fantastic base for any Franken work. The VRF is a decent watch, and the bracelet is fully wrapped with mid and endlinks but as been said, the gold seems too orange. You can see my earlier pics with my VRF and ARF side by side with the gen bezel to compare the gold colour. I seem to have got a new batch of the ARF I think and it is really good and has the updated v2 SH3135. The dial is fantastic with good gen like 3D type print and has a great blue colour. The insert is also very close to the gen blue but the engraving and pearl positioning let it down a bit, but that could just be a QC issue on mine. In general if you can get a new batch ARF that would be my choice or a JF, but new JF’s don’t seem to be available any more.

Comment

Working...
                                X