• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF Blue Two Tone Submariner

jodelaplaya

2/4/14
Aston Hey bro, Did you say you had a BP at one point? Can you take a look at this one and see what you think? I know the dial is no good, but I am going to swap that out anyway. The rest of it looks really nice I think. 25-30 mils thick and maybe a crystal I won't have to change, that's a huge plus. Insert looks nice too. Swiss ETA, which I would do in any case.

https://www.pf-838.com/watches/role...st-18k-102-116613-blue-tt-sub-swiss-2836.html

I saw it on puretime too (https://www.intime04.co/rollie/2687-submariner-bp-116613ln-black-ss-yg-wrapped-swiss-eta-2836.html I want the black one cuz blue one is purplish dial), for me the price is ok if the crystal is close to Prof one and if the Swiss movements is brand new and if the wrapped "gold" last. Everyone has real picture or video of LB or LN ?

Because I don't know about the xtal quality.

Thanks

Zenrolex

14/2/19
USA
Good morning, afternoon or evening to all members..anyone has pics of a proudly owned 6 digit Bluesy willing to share.. wanted to see what the best way to spend around $1500 in mods.. thanks

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
Good morning, afternoon or evening to all members..anyone has pics of a proudly owned 6 digit Bluesy willing to share.. wanted to see what the best way to spend around $1500 in mods.. thanks

ACS from RepGeek has a genuine and a VRF 116613 LB. You will find some side by side pictures here in this topic. IMO the biggest tell is the bezel color (too light on the VRF) and dial (color, printing and sunburst effect), but it's all about personal choice and how picky you are.
Keep in mind genuine gold inserts and expensive, so is the dial. A franken 116613 can turn out to be a pretty damn expensive watch :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Zenrolex

Zenrolex

14/2/19
USA
You are right, can be costly enough to think about going gen. More than likely be happy with the ARF, maybe gen xtal or profs and wondering if a spongebob work on bluesy insert? What am I getting myself into :)

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
If I could get an ARF similar to Aston 's, I would buy it in a heartbeat. The insert seems pretty good (check post #246 on page 17).
I would only swap DW and crystal :)

Reactions: Aston

Zenrolex

14/2/19
USA
KJ2020 cant wait to see yours in daylight pics..I'm sure it will be a nice watch.. what made you go with BP? Gold wrapped?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
At $918 will you be doing any mods to it?

We'll see what it looks like, but yeah the bracelet and case wrapping at 25-30 mils was the clincher. I saw another ARF QC that had bare SEL sides and bold DW. So maybe this will be worth it.

btobias

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
15/3/15
Very interested in these two tones Sub. Any update regarding ARF SEL? Gold color, bezel and dial are very good. Date font is another story though....

ARF recent orders please chime in!

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Very interested in these two tones Sub. Any update regarding ARF SEL? Gold color, bezel and dial are very good. Date font is another story though....

ARF recent orders please chime in!

See the post above yours

btobias

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
15/3/15
See the post above yours

Thanks for your informations and updates. I read your post obviously I am just curious to know what others have saw and/or received recently as gathering informations is always valuable.

Reactions: KJ2020

Aston

RWG mod Chiquita Fanjita
Supporter
1/9/11
KJ2020 look forward to seeing pics of your BP version. Interested to see how the shade of gold really looks compared to the TD’s pics, as it looks very gen like on Perfect Clones site, whereas it looks a bit darker on TS pics.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
BP high end wrapped is a no go, rejected it and switched to the Noob. I'll paint the SEL sides if I have to.

The TD pics you see for this model is not what you get, those are the older BPs I guess before they were raided and regrouped. The rehaut engraving is terrible now on all the new GMF/BP cases. Their engraver must have been drunk when he programmed the cutter. Every letter in R O L E X should be centered on a minute tic mark. I've never seen anything so bad. Many letters off, uneven gaps between the letters, etc. The X at minute 44 is always way short of the tic mark and the gap to the R at 45 is too big. Sad, it's even on the GMF GMTs. Also the crystal sits way too high on these models. You can shave or replace the gasket but would have to reduce the second hand tube so it would sit lower.

The X belongs at 44, the R belongs at 45. Also look at 54 and 55.

IMG-7249.jpg

Sample GMF GMT

GMF-1a.jpg

Last edited:

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia

Arf base + BP wrapped bracelet + gen crystal + gen dwo + spongebob gold sputter would be about $1500

Reactions: Zenrolex