• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF Blue Two Tone Submariner

Rolex_007

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/5/17
FourAP i like the shade of YG on the Noob. I care a lot less about the YG being close to gen than I do about loving what I see on my wrist. Also, I think the Noob is going to have covered SELs just like the ARF, based on the Noob TT GMT having them despite TD pics not showing it. Also, Noob has the best DWs available. ARF's DWs are inconsistent except that they are consistently bad.

Pic shows Noob vs VRF bracelet

15540633121100.jpg

So ARF and Noob have now covered SELs? Both provide a more generic golden tone too - not so orange as others...

FourAP

Horology Curious
26/4/19
In the pics you posted, I only see the insert and the DW as pretty noticeable negatives. The DW has to go, you could probably get used to the insert. But look at the distance from the marker to the crystal on the 45 compared to the 5. Or the outside of the 10 compared to the inside. It's just sloppy on a very visible part.

Are you fully aware of all the pros and cons of a superclone movement vs. ETA? For one thing it means you need a gen DW, there really aren't any other viable alternatives. The Sh3135 has a history of poor quality reversing gears often resulting in teeth grinding and ultimate failure. It's common to replace those or even the whole autowind device wirh a gen. I stay with ETAs because they are generally more reliable and generic parts are readily available. It's all a matter of what you want, the 3135 will take gen parts which is incentive for some. It's the best choice if you are going to Franken. In buying about 35 reps so far I've managed to avoid the 3135 superclones so this makes the choice much easier for me too. Noob it is.

Credits below to .

MrMaduro timnic54 Bsmneul

Copy and paste @MrMaduro:

Originally posted by Bsmneul, post: 3516727, member: 130760
I searched on this forum some people say A3135 is same like A2836 only look different so i dont know what to do to stick with a2836 better or a3135 if its same and only looking different
This exactly! The A3135 is just the 2836 decorated to look like the 3135...not to be confused with the SA 3135 which is a totally different movement that comes in a different case.

Copy and paste @timnic54:

TDs don't know shit. Do your own research then buy from the TD. A 3135 is a decorated A2836, and pointless in a closed back case
SA 3135 is a loosely cloned Rolex 3135. SH 3135 is an accurately cloned 3135, with the exception of the free sprung balance assembly, all other parts are interchangeable with Rolex parts.
Noob Reps tend to have better cases and other parts when fitted with the SA3135. Noob don't use the SH 3135(Up til now) but JF and BP do.

I also wouldn't buy a Rolex rep with any kind of 2836.

MrMaduro timnic54 Bsmneul

__________________________________________________ ___

Thanks KJ2020

Short and sweet:
https://puretime.io/submariner-11661...-a2836-v8.html

https://puretime.io/submariner-11661...let-a3135.html

Basically Noob's A3135 is a Rolex decorated A2836? So the advantage of the A3135 is if it's opened (unlikely but looks cool if you ever wanted to look?) Any disadvantages to the A3135? Does that decoration cause deteriorating reliability?

This is directed at
MrMaduro timnic54 Bsmneul and obviously KJ2020 and if anyone else wants to chime in here please do

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I remove deco plates ASAP. They are junk waiting to drop pieces into your movement. I've had it happen. Personal preference but I stick with ETAs and Miyota movements. Seen too many posts about failed superclones. Different story if you're going to Franken.

Reactions: Hinclimincli

Aston

RWG mod Chiquita Fanjita
Supporter
1/9/11
FourAP I would avoid the SA3135, but the SH3135 is ok if it is serviced and if you are still worried about it failing you can always add a gen Rolex autowind to it. The ARF has the latest v2 SH3135 which has updated gears/autowind to solve any issues.

I have a Noob v7 Hulk with the SH3135 that has been Frankened and I also have a gen autowind for my ARF so will swap the updated parts from the ARF to my Noob so they should hopefully be more stable.

Reactions: KJ2020

nightghost

Horology Curious
16/7/16
Received QC Image for ARF

Both rejected because the Date wheel font is not the same with TD website.

I'm not sure whether the bold font is quite common for ARF..I plan to cancel/replace the ordering with other model is the date wheel is common for ARF 2 tone.

That looks terrible .. Reject!

Reactions: Rolemars

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Aston Hey bro, Did you say you had a BP at one point? Can you take a look at this one and see what you think? I know the dial is no good, but I am going to swap that out anyway. The rest of it looks really nice I think. 25-30 mils thick and maybe a crystal I won't have to change, that's a huge plus. Insert looks nice too. Swiss ETA, which I would do in any case.

https://www.pf-838.com/watches/role...st-18k-102-116613-blue-tt-sub-swiss-2836.html

Aston

RWG mod Chiquita Fanjita
Supporter
1/9/11
Aston Hey bro, Did you say you had a BP at one point? Can you take a look at this one and see what you think? I know the dial is no good, but I am going to swap that out anyway. The rest of it looks really nice I think. 25-30 mils thick and maybe a crystal I won't have to change, that's a huge plus. Insert looks nice too. Swiss ETA, which I would do in any case.

https://www.pf-838.com/watches/role...st-18k-102-116613-blue-tt-sub-swiss-2836.html

Yeah, my 2nd 116613 was a BP. It wasn’t the same one that you posted the link to though. Like you say the dial wasn’t the best, it was way too purple. I only sold it as the JF SH3135 came out and upgraded to that.

That one in your link is serious money, but the bracelet looks fantastic. I’m only looking at it on my phone and the pics on their site don’t seem to maximise that well, so will probably look better on PC monitor.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Yeah, my 2nd 116613 was a BP. It wasn’t the same one that you posted the link to though. Like you say the dial wasn’t the best, it was way too purple. I only sold it as the JF SH3135 came out and upgraded to that.

That one in your link is serious money, but the bracelet looks fantastic. I’m only looking at it on my phone and the pics on their site don’t seem to maximise that well, so will probably look better on PC monitor.

Thanks, yeah I thought the bracelet and the insert looked really good. Plus saving money on a crystal and movement swap makes it much more tolerable. Here's a shot of it. I'm interested...

BP-Wrapped-PC.jpg

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
Bracelet looks great yes. The bezel engravings are a bit too deep for me. I still think it's too much money tbh.
Between this and a VRF/ARF + mods I would choose the second option, the price difference gives you more room to play :)

Last edited:

palaufreak

Renowned Member
7/7/16
Thanks, yeah I thought the bracelet and the insert looked really good. Plus saving money on a crystal and movement swap makes it much more tolerable. Here's a shot of it. I'm interested...

BP-Wrapped-PC.jpg
What factory is this from?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Bracelet looks great yes. The bezel engravings are a bit too deep for me. I still think it's too much money tbh.
Between this and a VRF/ARF + mods I would choose the second option, the price difference gives you more room to play :)

The ad claims the "cyclob" has AR (DW seems to substantiate this) plus it has a gen Swiss ETA. That's $350 in mods I don't have to spend not to mention not having to take the bezel off to replace the crystal. I'm giving it some serious consideration.

The VRF + $350 costs more than this BP.

On another thread, a member made a post showing his 2 year old BP wrapped, worn almost daily. BP's high end gold wrapped are worth the money it looks like.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...-wrapped-gold-sub-guide?p=6938109#post6938109

Post #287

Reactions: Rolemars

Rolex_007

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/5/17
Was going to order or buy in M2M now ARF 116613LB... as golden tone looks very good there - not so ornage / copper... but IMHO the endlinks are very visible not gold colored...

Is there a mod available?

Gen

ARF from puretime video

dc2_bb6_cu2

Renowned Member
18/6/17
Was going to order or buy in M2M now ARF 116613LB... as golden tone looks very good there - not so ornage / copper... but IMHO the endlinks are very visible not gold colored...

Is there a mod available?

Gen

ARF from puretime video

If you found a good specimen LB with good gold tone and date wheel, it’s really silly to pass on it over the SEL. You’ll never notice on the wrist.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I'm pretty good at miniature painting, I believe I could make this more or less unnoticeable and would surely attempt it if it were mine. Tape everything off, couple of tiny swipes and done. Any color can be mixed. I know of a guy who had SEL sides plated by a jeweler but ended up not happy because of color mismatch.

Looks to me like there is either no requirement or no QC for ARF SEL sides to be covered. If you get one that is, it's probably just lucky.

Last edited:

Zenrolex

14/2/19
USA
Wow just another piece to add to the list..Father's day, Christmas, and Birthday. That's 3 new pieces hahaha.. KJ2020 that BP TT does look worthy as a Birthday gift.. the bluesy was the first gen I actually saw at AD 10 years ago and hope to find the best rep..thanks for sharing as always

Cheers