• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF Sub Date Wheel Issue

ecw24

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/7/15
I just received QC pics of my ARF hulk and the date wheel is the worst I’ve seen on an ARF out of all you guys on here.. The alignment is off and the font quality is pretty poor imo.
Would you guys ask for another watch or deal with it?

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
Ask for another one.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

ecw24

22/7/15
I did.. This was the response I got:

”this is replica watch this is rep..

and i think this watch is good enough... thank you”

I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t the only one who thinks this it is off.

rolexppapfan

Renowned Member
17/11/18
ITALY
I just received QC pics of my ARF hulk and the date wheel is the worst I’ve seen on an ARF out of all you guys on here.. The alignment is off and the font quality is pretty poor imo.

I started a topic about this

rolexppapfan

Renowned Member
17/11/18
ITALY

Dont take it , maybe the movement is damaged............................

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
ARF is putting out some crap datewheels these days. Overmagnifed and/or too bold. I doubt you'll get a better font, might get a little better alignment. Left/Right alignment cannot be fixed without a new datewheel or DWO. If you're going to replace the DW anyway, give that flaw a pass.

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
Geez, a bunch of noobs giving bizarre advice.

Listen to KJ2020 It depends on what you're looking for. If you want out of the box, then you can reject and roll the dice with another. But keep in mind, the next watch you get might have 5x the problems as this one. Its a rep after all, and none will be perfect. If the TD isn't willing to get you another watch then you can request a refund and try a different TD. BU KEEP IN MIND, the TDs all source from the same factories. It doesnt matter what TD you use...they all have access to the same supply. InTime or PureTime or any other TD are going to run into the same QC issues...its a roll of the dice.

That said, if you're willing to replace the DW then its a non-issue.

Reactions: KJ2020

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
ARF is putting out some crap datewheels these days. Overmagnifed and/or too bold. I doubt you'll get a better font, might get a little better alignment. Left/Right alignment cannot be fixed without a new datewheel or DWO. If you're going to replace the DW anyway, give that flaw a pass.

Amen

ecw24

22/7/15
preppyr6 KJ2020 after reading on here, the general consensus seemed to be the ARF is best OTB and NOOB is best for modding which is why I went with the ARF. Of course there’s no such thing as a perfect rep, but if I wanted a date wheel that far off I could’ve bought a cheaper hulk for modding

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
preppyr6 KJ2020 after reading on here, the general consensus seemed to be the ARF is best OTB and NOOB is best for modding which is why I went with the ARF. Of course there’s no such thing as a perfect rep, but if I wanted a date wheel that far off I could’ve bought a cheaper hulk for modding

ARF being best OOTB has taken a hit since they can't seem to source proper datewheels IMO. Or inserts for that matter. Look how close your 45 marker and others on the left side are to the crystal compared to the 15 marker and the others on the right side. Their supply of poorly stamped inserts hasn't run out yet.

But good that you brought me back into this discussion because I noticed something else about your QC that is an absolute dealbreaker and another reason ARF is having trouble living up to that 'best OOTB' accolade. Your tube is not seated properly, and your crown will not seat fully to the case. Look at the two pics below and then see the linked thread for more info. Unless you're OK with the gap between the crown and case in your QC pics 2 and 3, reject this watch without giving up. The case was not properly drilled (not countersunk) to allow the part of the tube next to arrow 2 in my pic to be inserted flush with the case.

15432947128110.jpg

Pic below shows a properly inserted tube. Note the part of the tube body next to arrow 2 is not visible in my pic, and it is exposed outside of the case in your QC pic #1. That's why your crown won't seat flush to the case

15432970388990.jpg

More info here

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...116500-arf-v2-crown-doesn-t-go-all-the-way-in

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
That issue is on 99% of the arfs...

Lets say that datewheel here is one of the better ones ive seen worse lol

Drr80

Renowned Member
12/2/18
El paso, TX
If your conus and decide you cant live with it ill gladly buy it off you. That can be corrected by a modder.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Subzed

24/4/18
Wow KJ2020 is right, good catch since we’re all focused on the DW. That first pic really shows the tube sticking out. I agree with what’s others have said about the possibility of more flaws on the next watch but that tube not installed properly is a big clue there could be a more serious problem. I’d reject that one.

ecw24

22/7/15
KJ2020Subzed I noticed that crown gap as well but I expected that since it’s ARF. Seems to be a huge issue with them. I figured that was an easier fix than taking it apart to fix a date wheel.
I came across a black sub ARF in M2M that was a “V2” and had hardly any crown gap, crisp and aligned date, and even a slightly different dial. I guess I was hoping to get lucky with a “V2” hulk..

I kindly rejected watch again and they accepted.