• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QC pic help needed VRF Max Hulk 116610LV

Arpy

23/3/17
I ordered a Rolex VRF Max hill from puretime about 3 weeks ago because it had good reviews. It was taking a while so I asked and they told me the factory was raised and they will be a few days before they start producing again. I waited and when I got my QC pics I noticed the f in ft was not the same as on the website. The left side of it is missing so I sent the first one back. I got the second one today and it's the same except now the repair looks worse too. Is this acceptable? Is it possible they aren't making as good reps now that they have restarted production? I am thinking of changing my order to the Noob V8 hulk instead.. advice? This is watch #2
IMG-3893.jpg

Arpy

23/3/17
I am asking them if I can pay the extra cost and get the DJF model instead because this one is really not up to spec. They said if I asked for a refund it would be subject to a 10% restock fee.. not cool for a product that isn't as depicted.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Go for the noob v9 instead of the djf. And you're not asking for a refund, you're asking to top up and get something else, if you ask nicely they should be able to accommodate.

Arpy

23/3/17
Yeah I don't think they will make me pay the 10% to upgrade (they shouldn't) but for a refund they want that. The DJF looks pretty good, what's better about the v9? The dial looks like it has the same problems as this one.

V9
rlx2018042601-04.jpg

DJF
rlx2018112002-02.jpg

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
The long 'ft' looks exactly like it should, theres nothing missing on the left side.

Arpy

23/3/17
The long 'ft' looks exactly like it should, theres nothing missing on the left side.

Neither the Gen nor the VRF puretime website pic have the long ft.
VRF:
rlx2017112701-04.jpg

Gen:
Rolex-Submariner-Hulk-116610LV-7.jpg

Luxuracer

Renowned Member
I ordered a Rolex VRF Max hill from puretime about 3 weeks ago because it had good reviews. It was taking a while so I asked and they told me the factory was raised and they will be a few days before they start producing again. I waited and when I got my QC pics I noticed the f in ft was not the same as on the website. The left side of it is missing so I sent the first one back. I got the second one today and it's the same except now the repair looks worse too. Is this acceptable? Is it possible they aren't making as good reps now that they have restarted production? I am thinking of changing my order to the Noob V8 hulk instead.. advice? This is watch #2
IMG-3893.jpg

That is NOT a VRF HULK nor VRF Max Hulk.
I know I had them both.

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
You're right, my bad.. tbh i dont even think thats a MAX in the first qc pic you posted.
From the pictures, i like the djf's! Have two of them incoming, lets wait and see...

Arpy

23/3/17
Hey if you want to ship me one of those I'm all for it :p

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
IMG-3893.jpg

There is nothing wrong with the script on your dial depending on which date period the dial on the rep is trying to represent. Earlier Hulk dials come with small ft = 300m, later gen dials come with the long ft alternate = and 300 m . The second is the dial you have on the watch in the QC . I purchased a VRF MAX when they first came out, the way to distinguish the new max version from the 1st VRF issue was ... The dial you have , the bezel , and the watch has OUS instead of ST9 as a clasp code .

To me the bezel , hands , rehaut look VRF MAX !! I would garner LUXRACER' S opinion on that I know he is a fan of the watch as well . The dial has the correct font script for the MAX , but does look a bit flat in your QC pics ( the gen does change colour in different lights ) as per original BP dial on the VRF version 1 which has the earlier script . HOWEVER i think the the dial on the MAX version really pops and the sunburst effect is gen like on the MAX version compared to the 1st issue . If you look at LUXRACERS pictures you can see the difference between the two dials .

I would ask for pictures of the dial in a different light , and a picture of the inside of the clasp to check for OUS .

I' m sure the look of the dial ( colour , sunburnt ) is a light box issue , but IMO the font is CORRECT for a VRF MAX . So that is my 10 penneth.

Last edited:

Jakethesnakeman

Looking Around
30/11/18
F definitely off. If that is enough to drive you crazy, reject the qc. There are better reps for the money.

Arpy

23/3/17
Can you tell us why? Some posts before someone stated, why the "ft" is not wrong.

I am not a Rolex pro but from what I can tell the 116610 came out in 2010 and I cannot find any green versions that have a long ft. I have seen some black dial ones like that but not green. Maybe the early VRF models did have a long ft but a) I didn't buy an early VRF I bought the VRF Max on the website and b) I don't care if the early VRFs had a long ft, the Gen doesn't have it and it's a pretty obvious feature

0x9

11/8/17
EU [GER]
I am not a Rolex pro but from what I can tell the 116610 came out in 2010 and I cannot find any green versions that have a long ft. I have seen some black dial ones like that but not green. Maybe the early VRF models did have a long ft but a) I didn't buy an early VRF I bought the VRF Max on the website and b) I don't care if the early VRFs had a long ft, the Gen doesn't have it and it's a pretty obvious feature

I just looked some Hulks up - with a newer production date - and all of them have the long ft.

Here some examples:
https://www.chrono24.com/de/rolex/submariner-date--id9627641.htm?SETLANG=de_DE&SETCURR=EUR

https://www.chrono24.com/de/rolex/submariner-date--id9508601.htm?SETLANG=de_DE&SETCURR=EUR

There are much more of these. Thats why i dont get your point :)

Arpy

23/3/17
I just looked some Hulks up - with a newer production date - and all of them have the long ft.

Here some examples:
https://www.chrono24.com/de/rolex/submariner-date--id9627641.htm?SETLANG=de_DE&SETCURR=EUR

https://www.chrono24.com/de/rolex/submariner-date--id9508601.htm?SETLANG=de_DE&SETCURR=EUR

There are much more of these. Thats why i dont get your point :)

Hmm you're right, some of these do have the long ft and yet some of them don't even from the same model year. Even the Rolex website shows the dial as short ft.. maybe the long is new ??

https://m.rolex.com/watches/submariner/m116610lv-0002.html