• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 904L Submariner 2824

SebiStein

Horology Curious
7/6/19
Looks great, I received the QC Pictures (same pictures / same TD) today. Same watch as you ordered.
Sadly I found some parts I do not really like. There was a white/silver dot on the bezel which you can see on every picture (even the picture where the watch is in its box).
I did not approve these pictures and I am really hoping for some better now. If you like I can post a picture as well.

up2wind

Supporter
Certified
9/6/19
Pls post the pic so the rest will know and watch out for it for qc

SebiStein

Horology Curious
7/6/19
Thanks very kind of you. I am really interested in your opinion :)
So most of the flaws I recognized are gone. (I do not know if the bezel has been exchanged or of if it was just dirty, no I like the bezel very much:)
The other problem which has not been solved yet is the datewheel.
I am fine with the 7 and 13 but I am not sure if it is because of the angle - the 2 and 28 are looking very flashy to me.
https://imgur.com/a/tjuyuCF
I am not sure if this is a no, or a typical ARF flaw which you have to accept. I compared it to many other posts and I am pretty sure this is worse. Please let me know how you think about it.

Last edited:

shortlegs

31/5/19
The DW font is typical ARF. But it is however quite badly misaligned.

SebiStein

Horology Curious
7/6/19
FYI: I just confirmed it. Many experienced people told me this is a typical ARF not worse. I could not find any other flaws and I spend a lot of time on these pictures.
I will keep you updated!

Last edited:

SebiStein

Horology Curious
7/6/19
FYI: The pictures looked really bad. Under real circumstances it is perfect. There is not a thing I would complain about at this watch. -5 seconds a day are realistic, the datewheel is great, and the whole quality is brilliant. I checked every single part carefully and I was just amazed. Never expected that! (In use for about one month now.)
It does not bother me, but to be completely honest: There is one flaw in the bracelet "swiss made" logo. A very very tiny scratch is at the "w".

Compare: I compared it to a GMT Master II from a friend of mine. I think it is an (not sure!!! JF with 904 steel and with an equal movement) and there are huge, HUGE quality differences. All in all the quality of the ARF Sub is (in my opinion) twice as good regarding the shining and feeling. It feels like the GMT costs half the price of the ARF!
(First I wanted to buy this GMT as well because of the lower case back. After I read about the issues (handstack vs movement in combination with the price) I decided to go for the sub which I do not regret at all.
Only thing is - I still would like to have the lower case back (yes it is only 1.x mm) - the question is who sells a good rep caseback for the GMT which I can use for my Sub? :D

Last edited: