• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

No way this is real right?

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
So far I only own one genuine Rolex and I have never seen a clasp like that. I guess there is always a sucker out there to take advantage of.

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
It’s not fake. It’s just shit

It’s a 16610 with refinished dial and aftermarket ceramic bezel to make it resemble a 116610, which it does not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johloo

Renowned Member
Patron
14/3/17
its gen, like princewilliam mentioned above, it just fitted with aftermarket bezel and refinished dial; otherwise case and bracelet all look gen. still nowhere near worth what theyre asking

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
Why would someone bastardise a beautiful gen.

For a little more money they could have picked up a used 16610 dial and insert and restored it to former glory.

alligoat

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
17/3/06
The bracelet is correct for an early 16610 - 93150 with 501B end pieces and as has been stated above the dial and bezel insert are aftermarket- case, movement and winding crown are also gen.
I guess there must be a market for these modified watches- I'd never buy one but apparently other people do.

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
Why would someone bastardise a beautiful gen.

For a little more money they could have picked up a used 16610 dial and insert and restored it to former glory.

Yeah, but they probably got the watch for cheap and added less than $100 worth of parts and labor, if they sell it they will make $$$$ that's why

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
Yeah, but they probably got the watch for cheap and added less than $100 worth of parts and labor, if they sell it they will make $$$$ that's why

Very true, maybe I should have said why would someone buy a bastardised Rolex.

Got to wonder what happened to the original dial, water damage maybe.

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
Very true, maybe I should have said why would someone buy a bastardised Rolex.

Got to wonder what happened to the original dial, water damage maybe.

Probably something like that. But remember most people only know Rolex as a luxury brand and have no clue of the models etc. They buy that and then they get into watches or they just wear it because it's a status symbol. Unlike us watch nerds who cannot get enough lol.

True story here, when I first found RWI and got in to the Rep game in 2015 my buddy who is a big shot executive showed me his Rolex. It was supposed to be a 6-digit LV, but something always puzzled me about it. It wasn't until later that I realized he was wearing a Rep, and a cheap one to boot. While I never examined the insert or face etc, it was a ceramic sub in LV (Green) but had a 5-digit sub bracelet with the old style clasp. Today that would be a dead giveaway for me, but not then. He used to wear it to his big events because all the executives wore their Rollies, not sure if anyone ever spotted it in that group or not. But it is a funny story and shows how OCD we can be lol.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Many times they remove the genuine Rolex parts and sell those parts separately. There they earn their first profit of the genuine parts. They then add these god awful aftermarket parts and try to sell the watch as something special. That is their second profit. There are a lot of idiots out there with too much money and sh!t for brains.

Taz71

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/6/16
Parts Unknown
I think I have just seen the first Gen that wouldn’t qualify as a NWBIG !!!