• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Looking to pay someone to evaluate my new Submariner Rep

Burlap7

Looking Around
26/11/18
Hey All,

Proud owner of my new Submariner 116610 LN. I'm looking to pay someone $25 to point out any flaws/ possible issues with the watch before I take all the stickers off. You would just have to look at my photos of it / maybe a video and let me know what you think. I know I could just get tips on here for free, but to me it's worth it to get a paid opinion. Really only looking for someone who has been here for a while (>500 posts) and knows there way around the 116610.

I realize that I am a new member so more than happy to pay the individual first before they give their evaluation.

Also, I don't even know if this is not allowed on the forum please let me know and I will remove this post.

Please DM me if interested!

Thanks

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Hey All,

Proud owner of my new Submariner 116610 LN. I'm looking to pay someone $25 to point out any flaws/ possible issues with the watch before I take all the stickers off. You would just have to look at my photos of it / maybe a video and let me know what you think. I know I could just get tips on here for free, but to me it's worth it to get a paid opinion. Really only looking for someone who has been here for a while (>500 posts) and knows there way around the 116610.

I realize that I am a new member so more than happy to pay the individual first before they give their evaluation.

Also, I don't even know if this is not allowed on the forum please let me know and I will remove this post.

Please DM me if interested!

Thanks

Why ?

Ignorance is bliss, take the stickers off, put the watch on and enjoy it. Once you know where all the 'flaws' are that's all you'll look at - and you won't enjoy your watch.

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
Like tripdog has said, enjoy your watch without worrying about flaws. No rep looks genuine to someone with knowledge on here, and will look 100% genuine to the average person at your workplace etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Testone72

dealerclocks

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
19/7/18
Honestly if you focus on flaws you can't even see yourself you will never be satisfied. We can make the best reps, but at the end of the day that accounts for maybe 20% of the authenticity of the watch. The other 80% is how you wear it.

Reactions: Testone72

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
these guys destroyed my dream of a pefect 1:1 sub :p
Do not do it !

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Here, free of charge:

1) hands are flat
2) lume doesn’t last quite as long
3) insert engravings are unrefined and the colour is not platinum
4) the rehaut engraving is different than Gen and looks less refined, the rehaut doesn’t shine like Gen
5) the glide lock is not as smooth
6) the finish on the inside of the bezel teeth is different
7) the crystal edge is different
8) cyclops does not have the AR coating which makes it appear as if the date is shown through a black hole
9) shape of the crown guards and lugs differs slightly

That’s a start

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Here, free of charge:

1) hands are flat
2) lume doesn’t last quite as long
3) insert engravings are unrefined and the colour is not platinum
4) the rehaut engraving is different than Gen and looks less refined, the rehaut doesn’t shine like Gen
5) the glide lock is not as smooth
6) the finish on the inside of the bezel teeth is different
7) the crystal edge is different
8) cyclops does not have the AR coating which makes it appear as if the date is shown through a black hole
9) shape of the crown guards and lugs differs slightly

That’s a start

Oh, but 99.99% of the earths population would not know the difference. A great number of that group would not see a difference if you put the two in front of them.

So I wouldn’t worry too much.

Reactions: Deathminder

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
All reps have flaws. None are exact. As long as you didn’t buy a $60 Canal st special, I’m sure it’s going to look darn close to the real thing from 2 feet away. The noob and the ARF are very very good replicas if that’s what you have... Don’t obsess about the little flaws or you will drive yourself crazy. If you NEED perfect then get a Gen or build a super franken.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
Every single piece of the fake watch is different to every single piece of the real watch.

Can I have my $25 please.

Reactions: sfgerl

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
It looks very good.

Please give my $25 to the first Salvation Army’s bell ringer you see.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: Mr Gatsby

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
@maron

ARF fixxed most of the flaws.

Platinum color and hands are the best hands I've ever seen on my ARF it really looks like gen.

Reactions: KJ2020

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
I'm surprised no one has asked the OP if he got the common 116610 v9, or the v10 that Toro carries...someone outta slide into OPs DMs and find out.

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
@maron

ARF fixxed most of the flaws.

Platinum color and hands are the best hands I've ever seen on my ARF it really looks like gen.

Nice. I haven’t kept up with the latest releases of the 116610. That’s good to hear